Reviews for Hanging On
francis2 chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Poor Josh. They had such a great romance, but it was doomed when she met Mick and Josh had turned into too much of a boring routine. If Josh hadn't died, Mick would have been in deep problems regarding his secret.
Lilly57 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
This wsa well written. And I also liked Josh Lindley. If he and Beth Turner had continued on together, and if he had lived, it would have been a "Normal" life together. A house, two kids, two car garage, vacations in Aspen every other year, Beth would end up with a Pulitzer and Josh would land and win some heavy duty legal case.

Beth had two men that wanted her and that was pretty heady stuff - Josh wanted her for his wife, his love. I think Mick started out fascinated with her, this woman who was doing so well in her adult life. If not for Mick bringing the little 4 year old Beth back to her family, things would not have turned out that way and he is fascinated with her strength, intelligence and resilience.

Because of their respective professions, they are bound to run in to one another even after the death of Josh Lindley. Vampires do give off a real sexual pull - something Beth is very aware of and Mick gives her every indication that she fascinates him and that, my dear, is quite a thrill for any woman.

And than it becomes her awareness of Mick St. John the man and what he means to her, the real Beth that she is inside of her heart and soul.
Vampire Reader chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
I felt badly for Josh ever since Mick came into Beth's adult life. No one could have been a match for Mick, but Josh was always there for Beth, always patient and loving and forgiving. When he died, I felt a little happy for him because he died thinking he still had a chance with the woman he loved. I never understood why people called him Chicken Josh. He showed no lack of courage or resolve, he was smart and saw that Beth was drawing away from him. She was the chicken, to never face up to her true feelings and deal with them. You did good work when you wrote this story. Thank you.
zebra3 chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Whew, I'm so far behind with my reviews - I owe you several!

This was a really good "snapshot" of Josh's feelings for Beth and his take on Mick.

And I wondered why he didn't just dump her after she started hanging out with Mick - I think he was hoping that her "fascination" would wear off. No such luck though!

I'd love to see a sequel leading up to the events of his death and his thoughts as Mick tries to save his life.

Hint, hint!

Thanks again for a wonderful story!
elwren75 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Great job! I really liked Josh too, and I know how you feel about Beth. I kept waiting for her to get the guts to break up with Josh in a respectful way. I like her too, though so I did try to se things from her side. I think that she was in a very difficult situation. Yes, she had Josh and he was great, and I think she knew that. And then comes Mick, and she likes him, but I think she always meant to keep it professional, and then things just happen. it would be hard to choose between the two, and I don't like that they killed Josh off, because then, she never has to choose does she? I think that's why she felt the way she did that made her go back to him after NY and why she wanted Mick to turn Josh so vehemently. I felt bad for all 3, but I have to admit that I am a MickBeth fan. I was surprised that the show developed their relationship as quickly as it did (and even Alex said he thought Mick and Beth wouldn't end up together early on).
moonjat54 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
I found this very nice. I am a Mick/Beth fan but I always felt that Josh got the raw end of the deal. He was great but fell short compared to Mick. I hated that they felt the need to kill him off. I would have enjoyed seeing him get even more curious about Mick and do some of that investigating that you wrote about. It could have created some interesting story lines for the show. I felt awful when he died. So this may be a one shot but it could be developed as a branch off the show in an intriguing direction.