Reviews for Veiled in Deceit
Lillielle chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
As sad as this is, I absolutely love that you gave Bluefen a voice like this. It's brilliant. Really sad, especially when it comes to the end, but brilliant. And it fits in well with the very brief canon about her.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
I actually liked this! Thank you for giving Bluefen some character! I wish that Brian Jaques gave her a bigger role but the plot didn't really need her I guess...
Sgt. Sporky chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
My favorite theory is that Swartt and Bluefen were drunk off their asses at the time. I always sort of wondered myself. Apparently, Bluefen was really pretty though. Not Mary-Sue pretty, but pretty. But probably not enough to distract Swartt from the "Sunflash Problem" as I call it. And hey, didn't Konnie mention this at OFUR? Not the rape-theory, but the anemia thingummy.
Spidermaster chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
At long last a Redwall writer who does their homework. Your attention to detail is unassailable. I plan to read the book again and use this story as enrichment for the backstory. Well done.
Redwallfreak108 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
It's an interesting interpretation I would say. I was actually reading another story that is the opposite way- Bluefen was the one getting raped. But this was very interesting. I could not stop reading. Nice job on this story! :)
Kai the Mad chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I love reading these kinds of stories. Bluefen really needed more attention during Outcast, so we could at least feel something other than 'oh, a random character just died. Ah well.'

Also, I don't like Swartt, didn't like him during the book and reading this made me hate him so much more than I did before, which was a lot. Which is incredible to dislike a character before reading a fanfic, then at the end of said fanfic hate the character even more.

Poor, poor Bluefen.
DgShadowChocolate chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Hm... you know, I never thought of it happening that way.

It makes sense, and you're a good writer too.

besides...people do desperate things when they're going to die. I like it.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Interesting interpretation. I like how you gave Bluefen some characterization, though BJ might have had his reasons for not doing so in the book... Anyway, nice work, I like the alternate interpretation.
Jade TeaLeaf chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I have to say, this is a surprisingly darker (and more realistic) version of the whole Swarrt-Bluefen deal. It was very gruesome throughout, but I really just could not stop reading. I mean, you've pretty much aced putting the characters together and giving everyone a motive for their actions, making them more realistic.

Definately one of my favorites. :)

~Jade TeaLeaf

P.S. And Swarrt a virgin? Haha... I would say he might've been gay or something, but obviously that's not the case. XD
Fangs of Fire chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Huh - something I never thought of before!

Great job keeping everyone in character, and Bluefen was very believable. It's not what I wished would have happened, but it's more realistic than what's in my head, anyways.
Jarrtail chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Okay, for one thing I really liked Bluefen's accent. Why didn't I think of that? Two, I enjoyed that little superstition you made up. Very probable, especially when you consider all the vermin stories that usually had little or no truth. It's nice to see another author who uses Bluefen in a way that would normally considered out of canon boundaries. Keep writing!

drunkambrose chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
ew, thats kinda wierd...ferrets...ferrets...ferrets...ferrets..*banging noise* thanks, i needed that.
Awsomewriter123 chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
I think you did a nice job with this fic. Since Bluefin's character was never fully shone, i'm glad that you created a theory of what she could have been like and how Veil's birth happened.

I do have to admit though, how does Swartt not notice the whole losing-his virginity thing (yes, i know he was drugged, but still!)? Besides, he should have been happy, even wanted to do so. Just think of what the hordesbeast will say about him behind his back (Forty season-old virgin).

Also, i believe abortion is wrong, so i'm glad Bluefin took a different route and was conserned for Veil.

As for the Swartt-takes-Bluefin's-kinda-recently-lost-virginity scene, i guess it would have happened eventually. I wonder how in such a situation he was able to get it up, but i guess he'd be turned on by dominating a defensless female.

In conclusion, it was a well done fic. You haven't lost me as a reader.
JyrFalcon345 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Wow...this was absolutely AMZING. Not only did your description (use of reverse psychology-15 points) draw me in but your characters just held me in for the count. Interestingly enough what you mentioned reminded me suspiciosly of (star trek reference) the vulcan mating season of Pon Farr-the females must mate or thier bodies suffer convulsive critical failure.

Very interesting very well done, please keep it up and write me back...i have got to know more about this series and these charavters.
Blissey chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I can see this scenario happening. It's more likely than any other scenario.