Reviews for Fragments of Us
tealoverx chapter 2 . 1/12
I've been reading this story the past two days and I just wanted to say that this story is amazing, I love how you write the characters. You are very talented. :)
DamnBlackHeart chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
Awesome story! I spent nearly three days reading this and I couldn't put it down. I like the direction you took with this fanfiction. Not many fics focus on the damage he has experience in being Azkaban. When I think about it, he'll have PTSD because of it. Most stories point it out with a few issues appearing, but then he's suddenly healed with the power of love/relationship. So I do like that you showed his progress to being better and once in a while he'll have nightmares. It hints that he'll never be the same, but he's on the road to recovery. It's even better when you show his character development - from being immature to mature.

I also love the deeper characterization with the canon characters, the relationship/friendship they have is believable and the plot. I love how they go on missions, how cautious they are and trying to figure out the bad guys motives. It was a neat bit of crime/detective solving going on. Oh, and I love the OCs! They were well developed and this story is well written. I'm sad to see that this ended, but overall it's nice that it ended on a high note. I was hoping there was sequel, but if there isn't one in the works that's alright. Thank you for writing this story!
Ryuu-hime chapter 8 . 9/2/2013
Omg! I was just reading ur fanfic and I have to say I love it, both the oc and story. I just had to stop reading and comment on how expressive ur writing is that it had me bawling my eyes out at katie's and harry's encounter. I was really moved by ur words and wanted to compliment u.
Haha well now that's done, on to reading the rest. :)
seibelle chapter 71 . 7/4/2013
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.
Cadentia chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I'm in love with this fanfic, but also discouraged to post my own because it has most of the elements my OC&Sirius have in this first chapter, but exactly what I was looking for when i searched the Harry Potter Fanfiction database! (I'll keep reading this to satiate my lack of full chapters and comprehensiveness my own fanfic has!)
Expectance chapter 71 . 8/4/2012
I have to commend you on this story, I LOVED IT. and I am so glad Sirius got his name cleared. Kate is a great character and I love her and Sirius together. Well done!
Emmett's One True Love chapter 71 . 3/29/2012
Amazing!
TheThirteenthRuby chapter 15 . 8/17/2011
Okay, I plan on reviewing once I finish the story but I just had to say that I laugh very loudly when I read about the gift certificate and Arthur being very interested in how it worked. hahahahahaha
Arrowsbane chapter 71 . 5/28/2011
Whoo! I'm so happy. But now you absolutely MUST finisht the Prequel and write a Sequel as well... *does happy dance, before trotting off to plan a fanfiction about the Marauders, and Sirius's twin sister.* Hehe!
truth-behind-your-lies chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Read this story from start to finish over two days and absolutely adored it!
Streets of Where I'm From chapter 71 . 12/8/2010
Thank you for this wonderful story! I was expecting just a 'love story' and got this amazing plot in the bargain ;)
Prongsie101 chapter 71 . 12/6/2010
I love this story :)

You are a great writer!

Cheers.

Roxy x
phoebe2 chapter 55 . 11/29/2010
Note to "Eva" from Author:

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful review. I would very much have liked to send you a message in response to it, but as there was no link to do so, I'm choosing to respond here.

I'm both respectful and appreciative of your perspective regarding the behavior of the characters and the credibility of this particular plot line (pregnancy/hiding of same). Believe me, I had my own concerns when it first popped into my head - and it was re-written several times before I was satisfied with how it all came together.

While I'll admit that the behavior of these characters would probably not follow the way they were depicted in canon, I chose to explore this because I thought both the situation and it's outcome fit with the characters in the way I perceived them. Sirius and to some extent, Kate, are not "normal" people - magic aside. They have both been damaged by the circumstances of their lives - the war, the trauma of Peter's deception and the loss of two of their dearest friends. I'll grant you, that should probably make them strive all the more to be completely honest with each other in all things. But, in "my" world, their desire to protect each other (sometimes by admittedly stupid choices) has overridden their common sense. Kate keeps the pregnancy to herself in an effort to spare Sirius more stress - and to possibly undo the progress he's made. Remus keeps the secret because of his deep need to be accepted by and to retain his friends. He has lost a great deal in life, as well - and his curse makes him that much more reluctant to risk losing what he's managed to attain. (That part is clearly written in canon.) He won't risk losing Kate by telling Sirius her secret - although he makes his displeasure felt a bit and tap dances dangerously close to disclosure a couple of times. Kinglsey, while not made obvious, knows that Kate will find a way to be part of this mission - with or without his silence. He opts for silence as the lesser of two evils as with silence, he can retain some level of control over her movements and assignments. Kate is driven by Sirius' need to find and expose Pettigrew...a need that Sirius wears on his coat sleeve every single day. And so they all behave in ways that we would prefer they didn't. In the end, Sirius does forgive but, as evidenced in later chapters - he does not forget. He has grown and matured - but not completely.

I am disappointed that this has impacted your feelings for the characters and I have the impression that you may not continue to read the rest of the story. I would have enjoyed reading your thoughts on later chapters. I understand, though, and thank you again for your feedback.
Lux chapter 13 . 9/19/2010
Mush is filling my brain. People are quite dramatic when in love, aren't they?
Lux chapter 11 . 9/19/2010
hmmm...i can't really see a reason for them to like each other. What do they love about the other? It seem s as though you just forced them together and made them like each other. What do they see as redeeming qualities. Its like they're only bound by Harry and the past, nothing more. Also they have no moments that show why they love each other...like theyre just fighting...if they were like this all the time, how on earth did they stay together?