Reviews for The Night They Remembered
Aww so weird but cute
MyRandomName chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Good story
XMatchBookX chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I have no idea what the fuck happened. The whole Tonks thing didn't make sense. Harry's actions did make sense. I'm sorry.

This was a shitty story.
Charlesnaismith chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I was really expecting this to be a double bluff by Moody and Dumbledore, instead of a psychic poison. It would be horcrux removal by killing and rebirthing Harry - fun story all the same.
Covante chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Wasn't Vuneren a platinum blonde the last time Tonks decided to look like one?
Toadflame chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Aha, sneaky, sneaky. I see what you did there *nods* Very fun, very fun.
Hawklan chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
thank you for sharing this story, it was a nice read and good they tricked Moody at the end.
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
TT-TT beatifull
AnAddictedReader chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Ah Honks, my third favorite HP pairing.
Lord.toy chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
it was interesting, iv seen many different ones and i fairly liked it, there was one thing that was out of place on how fast she fell for him in 2 weeks. bu tall in all good
Dnar Semaj chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Wow, Nice. This is the best done Harry/Tonks pairing I have read. I like the ending. I really have no complaints.
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
I get the impression that this fic was supposed to be romantic and a touch angsty, but I am utterly mired in the moral implications. Which is too bad, because the writing is quite good. The characterizations of both Tonks and Moody, especially when they were meeting in the office, were strong and nuanced.

I just cannot get over my issues with, well, a lot of things. I suppose the biggest is the way they deceived of Harry. You confronted the problem in your fic, but I think Harry was WAY too forgiving – he got over it way too fast. Maybe part of that is my vengeful nature talking – I would never forgive that kind of thing without a lot of deep thought and several very sincere apologies.

You would think that the reason for the deception would be a mitigating factor, but it actually upsets me even more. Tricking him that way makes it seem like Tonks and Moody and Dumbledore (and by extension, the rest of the Order of the Phoenix) are saying that Harry’s wishes and desires don’t matter, so long as he’s alive to kill Voldemort for them. Frankly, Moody’s indifference to Harry’s emotions and emotional needs disgusts me.

Also, for all that I’m angry with Tonks for agreeing and then perpetrating the deception, I’m just as angry with Moody and Dumbledore for essentially whoring her out to the cause. And then that nonsense with Moody trying to obliviate them! What the hell was that? He didn’t want them to have a strong and emotionally uplifting connection because of what other people would think? That’s equally as revolting as anything else that Moody pulled in this fic, and he doesn’t get to claim any kind of moral justification, not if he’s pulling BS like that.

I know it sounds odd that I’m criticizing Harry and Tonks’ relationship in one breath and defending it in the next, but I’m trying to understand and convey my issues with the characters. I don’t like the way the relationship happened, but once it did, Moody had no right – none at ALL – to interfere with it, especially in the name of “what people might think.”

The other thing I had trouble with was the part of the fic where Tonks says Harry kept his masculinity when she wanted to put him in a dress. Tonks refers to it as a test that Harry passed, and I have to say… what? No, seriously, what on earth? There is nothing wrong with people who choose to adopt a gender that isn’t their biological sex. It doesn’t make them somehow less as people. It would be different if you had made it a point about Harry choosing to be true to himself as a person and not abandoning his life to take on a new identity to escape his responsibilities, but you made it about gender. Choosing traditional gender roles isn’t some sort of special victory.

At any rate, the writing is good as far as mechanics go, and the story was compelling enough for me to read all the way through, despite my misgivings. Mostly I think you need to think more analytically about exactly what you’re writing so you can be sure you’re saying what you mean to say.
Thaumologist chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
I liked this, in the most part. you write clearly, and self-consistently. However, the lack of scene breaks can be confusing. Apart from that, all was awesome.

C
Surfex chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
A great story :) i love that harry falls for Tonks instead of the image of Isabella :)
mwinter chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I've read this multiple times now. I still think a second chapter would have been great to help end the story. One where the order and Dumbledore find out that their plans to have Tonks and harry not remember any of this has been foiled. Let couple show the beginnings of a strong relationship that nothing that Dumbledore does can stop it.