Reviews for She's A Real Lady
smilethroughitall chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
I know this is really late and you probably won't ever continue this story again... But, please do! I love this story sooo much, but I wanted what happens next because I've never encountered a story of the sort... Please reconsider this story :)
commandercosmo chapter 4 . 7/31/2011
AH LA LA LA LA LA.

Please, please finish it, it's amazing.

I've never actually thought about the prospect of Turpin having changed.

It's amazing ;U;

So erm.

Finish it3.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 4 . 8/7/2010
"The thought was enough to excite the Judge, causing him to anticipate with great mirth the occasion in which he could literally, and figuratively, put Nellie Lovett in her proper place."

I love this line because it's so in character for Turpin to want to do this and because of the reference to one of the Sweeney Todd songs.

"Sweeney opened his mouth as if to refute her, but found himself at a loss for words. His expression seemed to ridicule her for suggesting such a stupid possibility, yet contrasted with an underlying horror of the unexpected realization that it may not have been too far from the truth."

Aw, that's so sweet. :)

I really liked the fact that it wasn't an aggressive action (or something) by Turpin what made Nellie start to be afraid, but rather, it was seeing the higher class acting so differently and unpredictably, which made the evening seem too unpredictable.

Aw, Nellie is mistaken in thinking that Sweeney doesn't trust her. I like that she doesn't know that's he's jealous, and neither does he realize yet.

Lastly, I like that one of the things that make Nellie happy when she's with Turpin is how he's all gentleman-like from the higher class, and is able to make her feel elegant and like a proper lady. I was also pleasantly surprised by the Turpin/Nellie moments at the end. For a second, when Nellie saw compassion and concern in his eyes after he said that he knows what it's like, I (almost?) forgave him.

I can't wait to see how the Sweeney/Nellie/Turpin triangle is going to develop. This has been a lovely read so far, and I do hope that you will be inspired to continue this some day.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
"The sight was enough to withhold his violence, as he likened such an action to breaking the canvas of a painted masterpiece over his knee."

This metaphor was beautiful. I love the way you're developing the Sweenett relationship. These little moments they're sharing are great (I especially liked Sweeney being stunned by her appearance and him helping her with the necklace).
Shikabane-Mai chapter 2 . 8/7/2010
I love the idea of this fic. Not only that, but I like the way you've portrayed Judge Turpin thus far. I mean, yes, he's pretty sick (chasing after Lucy and then her daughter, etc), but I like that you didn't... how should I say this... portray him in a way where his sick nature is the only characteristic he possesses, because that's not true. I like that he actually managed to stun Nellie speechless when he bowed to her and kissed her hand - something that only high-classed women are recipients of. I guess it makes Turpin and your story seem more realistic, because a complete emphasis on Turpin-is-sick-and-evil-and-digusting-and-you-must-hate-his-guts (without other traits, whether good or bad) would make him seem more one-dimensional and less realistic.

The scene with Nellie on top of Sweeney and "the danger growing" between his legs was hilarious. Usually, scenes in which the main couple fall on top of each other by accident is very cliche, yet yours wasn't, which I was impressed by. I think it's due to good writing style and the lack of omg-wide-eyed-staring-at-each-other-leading-to-kissing.
petals.open.to.the.moon.135 chapter 4 . 2/27/2010
i love this story! It's so perfect, the writing style, the characters are not OC at all and its wonderfully written! Please please please continue!

Update soon! :)
InDeppth chapter 4 . 11/2/2009
i forgot to mention prior, i did recognise your refernce to jack the ripper, i too knew about johnny's thing for jack the ripper, i also find it fascinating, killing all those peopl and never being caught. i wonder what it must have been like. lucky.

i love the chapter! plz dont make her fall for him!plz i beg of you!

i want more!
InDeppth chapter 3 . 11/2/2009
i love your metaphores! is that what they're called? either way...i lvoe them. they really set the moment and stuff.

lol

InDeppth chapter 2 . 11/2/2009
whoah ho oh! sweeney...tsk tsk.*shakes head in disapointment* control yourself! lol

InDeppth chapter 1 . 10/27/2009

awesome concept!

Charmingly-Evil chapter 4 . 9/20/2009
wow awsome story! i'm writting oine sort of simmiler to yours. plz write the next chapter soon!
unamuerte chapter 4 . 5/27/2009
This is my FAVOURITE fanfiction. If you don't update, I am going to die! I can't believe you've left such wonderful writing to the abyss of unwritten fanfiction. From chapter one, I've been spellbound by this fic. The attention to detail and sensitivity towards your characters is unique, and I'm continually amazed at how consistent their personalities are despite being placed in unpredictable situations. Most Sweeney fics leave me wanting that extra something that the movie has - that dark gothic intensity that's in all Burton's movies. Your fic only left me wanting for more update! I don't know what else to say, only that I can't stop praising it!PLEASE don't leave us in the lurch, and finish your amazing, alluring fic!
unamuerte chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Frickin' wow! You handle the characters so well...and especially the way you wrote Sweeney Todd...completely in character. I can't criticise it...
Idiotwhocantthinkofapenname chapter 4 . 1/22/2009
omk your writing is so good!

its like im actually watching it as a scene in the movie!

very good! The plot is amazing! I hope you update soon!
zrose chapter 4 . 1/19/2009
This is a really interesting idea, and I love how you wrote the character's perspectives. Everything kind of seems plausible, and I think that's the best part of it all.