Reviews for Those the dragons heed
Valerie Rose chapter 19 . 9/17/2014
Please, please tell me what color is M'tal's dragon?

Valerie J. Rose
LBibliophile chapter 19 . 8/8/2014
A very enjoyable story. As others have said, I agree that it works well hiding Rhynath's colour at the end, and focusing on the bond instead.
It is interesting looking at the idea of influencing the hatchlings in the egg in the context of the rest of the series. After all, one of the things F'lar does is start the practice of introducing the Candidates to the eggs. I guess he avoids these problems because they are all introduced to all the eggs?
But overall a good look at some of what goes on around the Hatching/Impression itself.
Pat macken chapter 19 . 11/19/2013
I liked the over all story.

Maybe a 1 shot for E'gall's misdeeds? Seeing him called on the carpet might be fun (the Lord Holders kid call out by his father might be fun too.

If you write a sequel then please do give us the color YOU think Rhynath is...
Jes The Dino chapter 19 . 5/28/2012
Oh! At last Wlldone M'tal
Xiard Vron chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Good flow
sparky40sw chapter 19 . 2/6/2012
I have been reading Harry Potter fanfiction for several years, and a recently begun HP/Pern crossover brought me to searching for Pern fiction.

I greatly enjoyed your story, despite the extra angst it captured well the feel of the Pern novels, and made a very believable addition to the stories.

thanks for sharing
Nocte Furorem chapter 19 . 11/22/2011
You are EVIL, WICKED, MEAN, and NASTY! (just kidding)

You are also a very good writer.

This is the first Pern story I've read that stressed that Impression is the most important thing between dragon and rider, the dragon's color is of NO importance between them. The dragon thinks he or she has the absolute best rider on Pern and the young dragonrider thinks they have the most beautiful, smartest, and best dragon ever.

I really enjoyed the portrayal of emotions that Martonal went through while watching dragons hatch around him to finally locking gazes with Rhynath (excellent name for a dragon, BTW).

Will look forward to more stories from you in the future.
Tagesh chapter 19 . 11/20/2011
Very nice ending to a great story. And, yeah, I have my own guess on the colour. But- I really agree with the idea you put across of leaving it open, and appreciate the effort of writing it the way you did.

The way you visualized the impression is one of the best I've ever read,and I was vicariously caught up so much in those paragraphs! Fantastic!

And, the afterword. Well, yes life does go on until... but I might have hoped (do hope) for more than 14 years. But, thank you for the epilogue which completes several open threads.

Cheers, T.

-who will be looking forward to more stories from you!
wendums chapter 19 . 11/19/2011
Yep. You hit the nail on the head. Which head. I leave up to you. Good story and I enjoyed very much. Thankyou. Sequel. Yes please. I do not write but just love reading
hetty chapter 19 . 11/18/2011
Fantastic job! Especially not naming the dragon's color. In my heart he impressed blue.
Bammer1982 chapter 19 . 11/18/2011
Very well written and well worth the cliffhangers! :D
H-Maude chapter 19 . 11/18/2011
I believe I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't had to rush to keep up, especially since you mentioned lucky number 19! But all in all, having to rush through it was actually rather nice, especially since the connections were more fresh when it finally came time for the hatching. On that note, I also believe that we have the innate tendency to pidgeonhole characters based on what color they Impress, which is, of course, how the Pernese view the color of dragons as well despite the saying that the dragon is only as good as the rider...

That being said, I will defend your choice of presenting Martonal's-he will always be Martonal to me-Impression the way that you did. Comparing your presentation of his Impression to everyone else's, you always mention the color first because that is the unfortunate way that we tend to view things; however, with that being the case, Martonal's Impression is one which deconstructs this system of assignation, bringing it beyond whatever color you ride. Fru's also demonstrates this, and to a lesser extend, Albadril's. Like he wisely said, "'We're not meant to!'" And indeed, they're not.
Amere Mortal chapter 19 . 11/18/2011
Beautifully done. I like that you didn't designate a colour, that there was a very satisfying closure without the need for there to BE a colour, only a dragon.
redbricks chapter 18 . 11/17/2011
I'm really enjoying your story! You're also an expert at ending chapters just so that I can't stand the wait until you post the next one!

I can't wait to read about the hatching!
Ninewild chapter 18 . 11/17/2011