Reviews for Pebbles From Arda
Anduniela chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
This is a very well-written Arwen and an even better insight into the disadvantages of being an Elf vs. being a Man. You managed to put into words what I instinctively felt but struggled to grasp: that not only are both freedom & death gifts, but also inseparable ones, even more, that the freedom to change the world that Men have comes from their mortalness.
Grummel chapter 18 . 8/22/2015
A perfect day for two children, who just happen to play major roles later on. Another nice pebble covering rarely covered times in the lives of Tolkien's characters.
justjenni chapter 18 . 8/15/2015
What a beautiful story. It's exactly what one feels when out for a walk on a glorious day, experiencing the best of what nature has to offer. It brought back many memories, both long and short - of childhood and of only a few days ago. Patting the grass! We did this as children and it tickled in the most delightful way. Unfortunately these days they tell you not to touch anything lest it be toxic or poisonous. But oh! The innocence of youth. You've captured it so very well. I enjoyed your story immensely. The gathering shadows at the end was a nice touch.
Raksha The Demon chapter 17 . 8/14/2015
Very funny, but still rooted in Middle-earth. Weddings can be exhausting, even for the Lord of the West.
lindahoyland chapter 18 . 8/14/2015
This was beautiful! It is such a treat to see this photo inspire a story I want to read and reading brought back our lovely day. I do hope that Boromir and Faramir did indeed roam through such a atmospheric with a great ending.
Tallis Keeton chapter 11 . 8/14/2015
Oh my! :) That was so lovely :)
Grummel chapter 17 . 6/22/2014
I can almost imagine how Aragon wishes back the "good" old axe-wielding easterlings. A lovely little gem that blends neatly into Tolkien's world, despite being far from anything Tolkien would have ever thought of writing himself.
lindahoyland chapter 17 . 6/10/2014
I just loved this and it got my first place Teitho vote. A friend said they loved it is just delightful and how I can imagine my favourite Tolkien couple and their family.
Aotearoan chapter 16 . 5/19/2013
I really like the angles you approach Middle Earth from - you write from perspectives that I would never have thought of, and you make those perspectives so interesting and believable. I've said how good I think your writing is before, but this story also made me happy :)
Aotearoan chapter 15 . 5/19/2013
This was beautiful; also very original. I really liked the descriptions of the different colours. It's written so well, it's a lovely little piece of writing.
ReadyFred-ReadyGeorge chapter 16 . 12/3/2012
Great Variation in the stories, great writing style, great pacing, great language. All in all an awesome fic :)
Wasn't much of a fan of the chapter on Elfhelm, I gather it was supposed to be quite silly, but I found it too opposed to the style of the rest. Barring that one chapter I loved every word of this fic :)

Please write more, a chapter on Elladan and Ehrohir would frankly be awesome :) or just more Radagast :)

RFRG
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 16 . 10/17/2012
Oh, I like this. I like this a lot. Very well written.
lindahoyland chapter 16 . 10/17/2012
This gorgeous and had one of my votes! You fooled me completely and I wondered who the brilliant new writer was!
lindahoyland chapter 15 . 10/3/2012
What a beautiful poetic piece!
aotearoan chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
Ha! I enjoyed this, thanks! You're a skilled writer, your dialogue is very believable and as funny as usual. I love the subtle way it becomes clear what Middle Earth is like. I think this is the only LOTR fanfic that's made me hungry as well... hazelnut icecream? I found the references to a more modern style of politics hilarious (especially the conventional weapons treaty falling through, and the Boss) - it takes a strong grasp of LOTR, current events, humour AND writing to pull that off so well!