Reviews for Pebbles From Arda
Grummel chapter 17 . 6/22/2014
I can almost imagine how Aragon wishes back the "good" old axe-wielding easterlings. A lovely little gem that blends neatly into Tolkien's world, despite being far from anything Tolkien would have ever thought of writing himself.
lindahoyland chapter 17 . 6/10/2014
I just loved this and it got my first place Teitho vote. A friend said they loved it is just delightful and how I can imagine my favourite Tolkien couple and their family.
Aotearoan chapter 16 . 5/19/2013
I really like the angles you approach Middle Earth from - you write from perspectives that I would never have thought of, and you make those perspectives so interesting and believable. I've said how good I think your writing is before, but this story also made me happy :)
Aotearoan chapter 15 . 5/19/2013
This was beautiful; also very original. I really liked the descriptions of the different colours. It's written so well, it's a lovely little piece of writing.
ReadyFred-ReadyGeorge chapter 16 . 12/3/2012
Great Variation in the stories, great writing style, great pacing, great language. All in all an awesome fic :)
Wasn't much of a fan of the chapter on Elfhelm, I gather it was supposed to be quite silly, but I found it too opposed to the style of the rest. Barring that one chapter I loved every word of this fic :)

Please write more, a chapter on Elladan and Ehrohir would frankly be awesome :) or just more Radagast :)

RFRG
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 16 . 10/17/2012
Oh, I like this. I like this a lot. Very well written.
lindahoyland chapter 16 . 10/17/2012
This gorgeous and had one of my votes! You fooled me completely and I wondered who the brilliant new writer was!
lindahoyland chapter 15 . 10/3/2012
What a beautiful poetic piece!
aotearoan chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
Ha! I enjoyed this, thanks! You're a skilled writer, your dialogue is very believable and as funny as usual. I love the subtle way it becomes clear what Middle Earth is like. I think this is the only LOTR fanfic that's made me hungry as well... hazelnut icecream? I found the references to a more modern style of politics hilarious (especially the conventional weapons treaty falling through, and the Boss) - it takes a strong grasp of LOTR, current events, humour AND writing to pull that off so well!
aotearoan chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
Brilliant! I do feel a bit sorry for Bill et al after reading this - and for Gladys. You make it scan so well, which is part of the humour as readers aren't distracted by clunky wording. I love the line "they smelled marginally better but were just as dim".
Grummel chapter 14 . 5/19/2012
That's a nice and surprising one.

The first thing I stumbled upon was that he has left Edoras "in the morning" and thought about being in Minas Tirith in just another hour.

In the end it all made sense, although 500 miles before noon is still quite a lot. Apparently modern Rohan knows no speed limit.
The Lauderdale chapter 14 . 5/18/2012
Good lord, what an odd little short! Very entertaining, though. How did you come up with - I mean - were there additional parameters, beyond Linaewen's request? I should noticed when it said that he was all in leather, and I did raise my eyebrows at the use of "boobs," but it was only that he gunned his engines that I said, "...wait."

What I really want to read now is a gritty political tell-all about challenger Eowyn and incumbent Grima and their competing campaigns. If not you then someone... [wistful]
Thranduil Oropherion Redux chapter 14 . 5/18/2012
LOL - it took me a while to get my head around the post-modern tone of the story. My eyebrows shot up when I read the term 'boobs' but it all made sense by the end. Senator Faramir indeed!

Nice job!
Shostakovich chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
These are delightful shorts you have here! I love them all, and I look forward to reading more :)
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 13 . 4/30/2012
Is good. Is very good. Very few people can write convincing poems on this site, and this is one of them.