Reviews for Eighteen Wheels And A Hitchhiker
Questfan chapter 9 . 6/4/2012
You do a great job of mixing humour, angst, drama and suspense all into the one fantastic story. You get the guys right in character and this was a fabulous read.
sallyferrell chapter 9 . 9/19/2010
This one should have been filmed as an episode! It was great. Thanks for sharing.
janet brown chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
loved this story read it twice very well written
e-pony chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
So far, so good, Karen B. It seems I never have time for fanfic anymore, but I'll take this chapter by chapter and enjoy the read.

"He missed his ... blender." Wonderful line! I'll be back for more soon.

P.
atrish1 chapter 9 . 8/5/2008
Long time comin’

I love your whole diner recreation scene.

It was funny to have that whole flirting thing going on with Starsky and the waitress—of

course it made no sense to mean how she dare ignore my gorgeous Hutch , well until you

explained how that cold had run him down.

feel in love with these two lines:

Hutch dropped his toast and grabbed his cup of coffee, hoping its familiar scent would block out that of the meat moving inside his partner's mouth.

"What do you mean?" Hutch asked, speaking around the lip of his coffee cup.

See throughout the way you lay out Hutch’s building cold – using his quiet annoyance and misery

-it’s just so realistic to how DS would have done. Sometime fic writers try to capture it—and make just

make him mean- but I don’t think that’s how Hutch would do it. It’ would be subtle, a little smart crack here and there and an apology and then a wince of frown- and you did it here so nicely. Keepin it

real as they say.

The CB name calling stuff was so funny and yep I could see it playing out in a real episode—especially

that “over” joke Hutch paybacks Starsky with. You’ve got a wicked sense of human, girl.

A wounded Hutch running through the corn—creepy & it reminded me of that true crime story “The Onion Field”—which scared the stuffings outta me.

this whole section—sounds like you stole it from a S&H script somewhere:

"Where are you heading, Starsky?" Dobey huffed over the two-way.

Starsky lifted the handset to his mouth, depressing the key. "Not sure. Following the shots fired. You see me?"

"Ten-four, but slow down," Dobey came back.

"Sorry, Tootsie-Pop, no can do."

"That's Papa Bear, and I want you to slow down, over."

"Get us an ambulance, just in case, and try to stay close." Starsky shoved the walkie-talkie into his jacket in exchange for his gun, deciding he was getting close.

Terrific stuff!

And that whole part with Hutch’s bullet wound—his thoughts and reaction, condition—was so realistic

sounding. Oddly enough I’ve been working on and off on a bullet wound scene—so I was very in tune

to what a good job you had done with it.

All the way through to the end—all I could think of was how close this story was to being film ready to be

an original episode.

Just a terrific job.

Sorry so late commenting.

I wanted to make sure I could say it all.

Love ya & Please, please, keep writing will ya!

Trish
M. Willow chapter 9 . 7/15/2008
I really enjoyed this one. Plenty of action and your descriptions were perfect. I felt like I was really there, running along side Hutch.
brook5 chapter 9 . 7/13/2008
that was a great story...thanks for another great one karen..cant wait for the next
aussie angie chapter 9 . 7/13/2008
What a great story you could fill the bond and love that these boys share can't wait for hour next story hope it will be soon.
rsb57 chapter 9 . 7/13/2008
Nice story! Hurt/comfort and just a pleasant reading experience.

Not too scary but just enough to keep me in suspense.

You're conversations between the guys is always so perfect. You get right in there with them and let us see them together and experience it first hand.

Good job!

Becky
Bobbie Barkley chapter 9 . 7/13/2008
What a great ending. Hutch will be fine and Starsky is at his side.

Your descriptions in the last two chapters were splendid (well actually through out the whole story). But I could feel myself coming in and out of consciousness right with Hutch as you wrote.

Another winner to add to your long long list.

Thanks for entertaining us so wonderfully!
Jan in VA chapter 9 . 7/13/2008
Hi!

Yet another one Karen on your laurels! You are the BEST with description and dialogue in your stories!

Do you have another one in the works?

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA
Bobbie Barkley chapter 7 . 7/12/2008
Glad I waited to start this story, I got to read more chapters in one sitting! And my what chapters!

Loved the banter - it was totally like them to play with the names!

Enjoyed the Bogart scene - I could just see Starsky getting caught up in that with some woman!

and what can I say about the Dirty Harry scene - just made me laugh! ( Starsky winced. "You gotta work on that, Harry," )

You drew out the scene where Hutch is in trouble long enough so you really wonder if Starsk will make it in time (even though we all know he will).

Can't wait to read the next chapter!
aussie angie chapter 7 . 7/12/2008
Why is it that we are only happy when we hurt Starsky or Hutch I guess it the tlc that we could give them anyway can't wait for the next chapter.
brook5 chapter 7 . 7/11/2008
I loved that chapter..starsky to the resue...yeah
aussie angie chapter 6 . 7/11/2008
I just love this story and I really can't wait for the next chapter please.