Reviews for Scientia
PaC chapter 9 . 5/31
Oct 15, 2008 "... the next chapter, I swear will be out in two weeks. Flame me if it's not."

17,800 percent late...and counting

Profile Updated: Jul 1, 2011: " To everyone who was reading Scientia, I'm going to try to finish it, and I have a crapload of files on my computer for it, but to be honest, I don't even remember what I've already written, so the next chapter may take a couple of weeks. Of course, considering it's already been like two years, what's another month in the grand scheme of things?"

"Another month in the grand scheme", or another 204 months ... tick tick tick...

...INCENDIO~... there, consider that the flaming.
Can't complain though, story is OK, but at least I'm not a big fan from years and years and months and months ago, tapping foot, and waiting for updates...

This goes in the abandoned, not hiatus Potter Fic bookmark folder.

Regarding the review about date of google. I'd recommend for younger set, to NOT confuse the date of popularity much less the IPO, with the date it was being used, as an experimental project among a group of college students or whatever. So you can R&D that with the timeline of this story.
The author COULD look up EARLY internet, and if needing to swap out google, just stick in text searches using ... well, look up gopher, Archie, Veronica, Jughead ecetera for slang. Eudora was THE early PRE-World Wide Web email program most used, just as Wordstar preceded Monopolyslop buying up or running any competitors out of business. There are few stronger case examples of fascist non-use of regulating monopoly violations among corporations, than regarding the software industry and Monopolyslop corporation.

BESIDES, before going "graphical" and the world wide web was born from the "internet" spawned from darpa-net, which had already spread to academics and universities able to use it. Upon getting their "upgrade" to a faster better more secure "net", the military industrial complex gave away their "beta", and the internet was opened and "donated" to the public.
So IF the story dates BEFORE "the public" was allowed access to the internet, access to the PRE-World Wide Web internet still could happen in the story, merely using a bit of lingo like Veronica and Jughead and text commands to do things done with the click off of a menu these days. The "phone bill" remark about the Lovegoods? Well, that could be long distance dialup to an ISP, or FYI, before there were ISP [internet service providers], probably ? thousands of dollars a
month at one time, to be your own "gateway" onto the more and more public "internet".
Sandra Fiore chapter 9 . 3/19
I just found and read SCIENTIA and enjoyed it very much. I'm sorry you became to busy to finish it. I hope that means your professional career took off and you just don't have the time. Good luck.
CcGRocket chapter 5 . 3/10
Yeah, I hate banks as well. I'm 4'11" so it's a real pain the go there. I just hate going up to counters because I'm so short.
Bloody Baron's Phone chapter 9 . 3/10
FotoDi chapter 9 . 2/25
Hmmm... Sounds like the infamous Hogwarts letters have strong compulsion & loyalty charms.

Question: Wouldn't Pythia Lovegood, who works as an unspeakable, be warded, potioned, charmed, or at least tested weekly for illegal spells? The Department of Magical Mysteries is staffed only by 'Unspeakables' who are paranoid about secrecy and security.

Question: Wouldn't the Gringotts Goblins having been the unintended recipients of the flock of Hogwarts Acceptance letters directed at Harry Potter, at least check his mail for spells? Harry Potter is a very rich client whom the Goblins have met and know lives with a muggle guardian. The Managers of Gringots Bank also have years of evidence that Albus Dumbledore has been dunning (read: looting) the HJP trust account with huge invoices for false or imaginary expenditures: Dursleys guardians (who are actually in muggle prison), emotional counseling from the Weasley Family (whom Harry has neither met nor visited), costly public schooling (The Giblins have physical surveillance of Harry being privately tutored by a muggle in the public library as well as invoices for her services and teaching materials and invoices and test results for numerous on-line IMO Magic classes), ad nosium. By 1991, the Gringotts Goblins would be inherently suspicious of any correspondance even indirectly from the self-proclaimed "Leader of the Light". Finally, the famed wards protecting Gringotts Bank could not have missed the magic woven into the Acceptance letter, especially since Harry mistakenly received dozens upon dozens of duplicate invitations which the goblins opened & destroyed.

P.S. I love that Bellatrix Lestrange intercepted and ate the Post Owl & letter directed at Sirius Black, Harry Potter's only legal Magical Guardian. Ha!
FotoDi chapter 8 . 2/25
Hello! Dumbledore is a thief and a liar!
He's so very annoying, manipulative, and self-serving.
The Goblins should go after the Embezzling fraud!

I love the story you created about Pythia Lovegood's Magical accident and having her survive in this AU story because Harry was educated as a muggle and an international wizard: crossing cultural skills, logical, practical, and taking initiative.
(1) Pythia has a potentially fatal potions accident at home with only young Luna in attendance. Panic!

(a) Luna floo-calling Harry
(b) Harry floo'd to her home & performed First Aid
(c) Harry advised Luna to floo-call St. Mungo's.
(d) St Mungo's sent 2 medi-wizards to investigate: one brought Pythia to the Hospital while the second stayed with the children, discussed the event & their actions, praised them, and then contacted family.

Seeing her wounded mother, Luna was in shock, scared, & unclear what to do. Adult wizards solve problems w/Magic. Since young witches, Wizards, & squibs can't use magic, they are powerless. British magical society is not set up for non-magicsl solutions.

It is revealing that Luna couldn't/didn't try to contact her out-of-work father Xenophelius. (How fast is an owl if one was even in residence?!) Neither did Luna contact Mrs. Weasley, the nearest neighbor and her former teacher! Instead, traumatized Luna contacted her friend and class-mate Harry Potter, an orphan who lives in non-magical house with his 20-something muggle guardian. This is a very critical plot development - children help each other and take charge using a blend of magical and mundane knowledge. Hallelujah! We're seeing social evolution!

I hope you continue with this fun story. The potential for revolution, chaos, and upheaval is infinite! Forget the clich├ęd "golden trio", I support the "The Techno Trio" of Harry, Luna, and Neville, educated by Miss Emily, Nikki, and the IWO on-line.
Larenars chapter 9 . 2/12
Really interesting story.
jeanette9a chapter 9 . 12/30/2014
i love this story, more please? ;3
readingaccount chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
Such an interesting story! Loving it.
amymcthorn chapter 9 . 9/29/2014
Please, please return to this story. I've been waiting a long time. :(
blinddivinity chapter 9 . 9/3/2014
I hope Harry doesn't go to Hogwarts.
Great chapter.
Love your Harry, Luna, and Neville-they're adorable.
kjhg chapter 9 . 7/8/2014
great story, please continue, i hope that harry, luna and nevil go to another school when they find out about hogwards standards, meaybe in australia? will sirius be free? please continue
August Mayhem chapter 3 . 5/28/2014
My only problem, aside from very few (2) spelling errors, is that Google wasn't around in 1990/91. It came out around ten years later... But so far it's interesting; I like Miss Emily.
SchwarzShifter chapter 9 . 4/2/2014
Whaaaaaaaat ;0 this was updated, like, death ago! It's such a wonderful interesting engaging story and now it looks like it'll never be updated again?! Notttcoollllll x_x please write more /:
Anariel Phoenix Blade chapter 9 . 3/30/2014
Great story. I cant wait to read more. Please update soon.