Reviews for Angel Island Zone
areeta9 chapter 6 . 12/27/2013
Dang... That was deep. And when I say deep I mean center of the earth deep. You perfectly described how Knuckles got tricked and that he wasn't stupid or a blockhead but in a way naive. Eggman and what he brought to the island was genuinely new to him so he didn't realize who was really the bad guy. Then, the fight scene. Oh the fight scene, it was brutal. You could really imagine it being like that. You could see the actual damage that everything did to the characters. You showed a different side of Tails. The story very engaging. Unlike most stories I read on here I went through it in one day.
Grizzmon chapter 6 . 3/14/2013
The last one of his kind...
Grizzmon chapter 5 . 3/14/2013
Again, poor, poor Knuckles...
Grizzmon chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
And we finally get to the start of the game!
Grizzmon chapter 3 . 3/14/2013
I like the story so far...
Grizzmon chapter 2 . 3/14/2013
Poor, poor Knuckles...
Grizzmon chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
COMMAND PRIORITY: ALPHA GAMMA: NOT SAVE Hedgehog? Hahaha...
Pie Badger chapter 4 . 10/17/2011
I will briefly suspend my awe to ask, considering that I'm entirely oblivious to anything pre- Adventure: is that the part where Knuckles punches out Super Sonic, or is that the part where he hits him with a rock? I've heard both events happen, but couldn't identify which one was which.
Pie Badger chapter 3 . 10/17/2011
I have realized, with great alarm, that my computer does not have anything that can serve as a camera. As such, I must resort to the hackneyed fallback of my grasp of the english language to properly relay my reaction.

In minimalistic chatspeak, Mind blown.

Further elaborating, I will say that, indeed, this is a masterpiece, and that I will never attempt to operate Master Emerald controls with my face. The disclaimer only served to solidify the point; the description itself sounded rather painful.

And here I will shut up and resume reading, as if I were to elaborate further I imagine I would never shut up. Suffice to say, after reading this, I will go back and play all of the classic games. All of them. All the way through.
Myst chapter 2 . 4/17/2011
I just love Knuckles and Robotnik's reactions to each other's eating habits.

I always imagined that anthros would have different eating habits, compared to both humans and non-anthro animals.

Though humans would eat anything from whales to crickets, so whatever eating habits you give your anthro characters you couldn't exactly say it isn't human-appropriate.
HeartSmack chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Wow. This is probably the best example of how Knux and Robo first met that I've ever read or imagined existed. I notice in your earlier writing that you prefer Ivo as your viewpoint character, and though this doesn't bother me ( Your characterization, as usual, is flawless.), I do find myself

sympathizing with him(ugh). To reference Speaker For the Dead, You can't really hate someone once you get to know them, or perhaps you can't get to know someone unless you stop hating them.
Afro7hundr chapter 4 . 6/29/2009
That little introspective monologue of how Sonic feels under the influence of the chaos emeralds was... hell, INTENSE!

Oh, and the reference was to Tails' Adventure, right?
Serenitatis Cove chapter 6 . 6/24/2009
Great. I like this one a lot too. But, I think I like the previous one better. :)
Speedy1236 chapter 6 . 4/27/2009
First of all, I really LOVED this.

Style of writing is amazing. And extremely varied. I really liked the parts with the 'thoughts' of technical devices, never found something like that before. And your formulations got me smirking a few times. I really liked that disclaimer not to use your Master Emerald controls to bang your head against! ;-)

Your charcaterization of Knuckles as the lonely one longing for company and understandably unable to reckon with Robotnik betraying his naive trust shamelessly gets quite to the point I guess things are likely to have happened. And the ending showed very well Knuckles' misery. Really makes me feel sorry for him!

Regarding Robotnik, this story once again contains something you really rarely find. A look inside the villian's mind. And I think you captured his personality (hating nature and animals, his disgust concerning Knuckles and - especially - Sonic, and of course his unscrupulous way of pressing for his personal aims completely ignoring the results his actions will have for others ...)

If I can criticize anything, I would say in the scenes with Sonic and Tails I sometimes wondered for a moment what had been going on before. Don't know if that's my personal problem or if that even was intentional. But I caught up with it and so it isn't a real problem.

Anyway, like this a lot! I guess I could list some more things (positive ones most) here, but I think you got the picture.
Yamadori chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Hey, I'm back sooner this time! :D Anyway... This is a really wonderful chapter. :) Let me see... Oh, you know. I was going to detail how wonderful everything was, but then I'll sound repetitive. :P I guess the thing that stuck out the most was about the bats. I see what you mean now, and after seeing Knuckles thoughts about bats, I think I like Knuxrouge a lot more than I did before. ;) But... Oh, boy. That's a nasty way to find out about what Robotnik has been doing. And speaking of Robotnik... My eyes have already been opened to how insane he really is, but I think the stress of Sonic's approach is finally getting to him. :P Speaking of Sonic's approach... That was a nice strategy with the bat bot. ;) *sigh* Oh, Knuckles... I guess he had to find out some way. :( And since this is the second to last chapter, it was probably going to be soon. But that's what stuck out the most. Since I reviewed this chapter sooner than last time, I'm hoping to get to the other one sooner. In other news... Congragulations on getting up the new story! :D I want to read the last chapter of "Angel Island Zone" and the oneshot "The Other Guardian" before I read it, but if the summary is anything to go by, it should be excellent. ;D