Reviews for The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
RedDragonforce 1 chapter 13 . 9/4/2009
Ya know, I DID kinda expected for that ending to occur, starting with Batman and Nightwing. Mainly because of this:

(First part from Better World)

League: YOU GRABBED POWER!

Lord: AND _WITH_ THAT POWER, WE'VE MADE A WORLD WHERE NO 8-YEAR-OLD BOY WILL _EVER_ LOSE HIS PARENTS, because of some punk with a gun.

(End part)

I'm not sure about you, but when I heard that, I was thinking: He meant more than just Bruce Wayne. He also meant Dick Grayson and Tim Drake, the two Robins he 'fathered' in their time as Super Heroes.

Yeah, it wasn't really a punk with a gun for Dick and Tim, but you would get the imagery of a young boy losing parents in something that might be considered an accident, but really wasn't.

What sent it home for me that the Lord's Batman was expecting Nightwing and Robin was this:

(Second part from Better World)

League: They'd love it here, don't you think?

Lord: Who?

League: Mom and Dad. (with a look of belittling and voice of sarcasm) They'd be _so_ proud of you!

(End Part)

Yep, that was what drove it home. The one thing(rather two people) Batman couldn't stand to displease are his own parents.

Also, it was two years after Lex's death that the episode took place, which would be up to 4-5 years max since Flash's death, not ten.

I would say that the League's world is better 9 times out of 10, because 9 times out of 10 a sacrifice is made to bring about peace. It just so happened to be Flash's sacrifice for the Lord's world.

Great story over all, a bit slow at times (maybe that's just because I stopped and started reading so many times through it)(lol)

Can't wait to look over your other stories.

And yeah: I'd say both. I haven't seen a BB/Jinx story, but I guess I could wait because I'm also interested in what happened to the Justice Lord's world after their return, and with no power to boot.

So, until then...

Later,

RDF1
Anime-StarWars-fan-zach chapter 13 . 5/30/2009
Great ending, though I do see some flaws. One, the incident with the Justice Lords and the Justice League happened ten years after Luthor was killed. Second, I was under the impression (in the episode) that the Lords controlled the entire world. Otherwise, this was really good. Wish we could have been told the Stranger's identity. You should write a sequal.
Anime-StarWars-fan-zach chapter 10 . 5/30/2009
This is pretty good. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few chapters. I do have a theory that the mysterious man could be Question, though I'll find out soon enough.
34567876545678767 chapter 13 . 1/16/2009
Quite nice. I particulary enjoyed your minor humourous moments, somehow all the more satisfying due to the infrequency of it. The story (No I haven't seen this mysterious episode, although I somewhat gather what happened) Very interesting, believable (lets face it, it's not that far of a streach from constant crime-fighting to wanting a final solution).

Well written. And just who was the stranger? Ah well, One question that doesn't need sloving I guess.

The three part ending was a particularly satisfying waay of ending the story. I applaude you.

*Offers a sacrifice of an entire cookie jar*

Keep it up!
Elissar chapter 13 . 8/16/2008
Very nice, I liked the ending, and how you tied it into the cannonical JL show. I'll move on to your next story in a bit :)
lupine-eyes chapter 13 . 8/14/2008
I never saw that episode- but I liked how you tied in the world of the Justice League with this AU. A bit anticlimactic, yes- but everything wrapped up quite nicely.

A sequal would be much appreciated.
G. Login chapter 12 . 8/12/2008
Is this after the league beat them with lexx. that makes sense though if it is the same au as the show.
Kevorkian chapter 13 . 8/12/2008
m. Still seems a little...unfinished, with the "Stranger"; if it were my fic I would have written that he was a figment of Jinx and Nightwing's imaginations, like Tyler Durden in Fight Club. However, if you're planning to write a sequel, there's always more room for explanation there.

Between the two choices, sequel or BBxJinx, I'd personally prefer to see a BBxJinx fic. I don't think I ever have, and it's nice to see pairings outside of the norm (when well written, which you certainly have the capacity for).

-K
GeekGirl2 chapter 13 . 8/12/2008
Heehee. As mentioned earlier review, I saw the episode. ;)

Oh! A sequel in the works already? Yay! *dances happily*

Looking forward to seeing it!
timkhj chapter 13 . 8/12/2008
Very nice tie in with the canon JL story. It took me a minute at the end of the previous chapter to remember what happened, but I'm really pleased with how you integrated the stories! Kudos! Great to see this story from the other universe!
Ketch117 chapter 11 . 8/12/2008
I like your use of the phantom stranger, though in the comics he tends to take a less active role in events. Some of your paragraphs could use more expansion, and I feel tht you need to be less lexically dense. The story is great, and I have no complaints so far (and that's very well done as I'm usually a winey bastard)

Keep up the good work.
ib-insane chapter 12 . 8/11/2008
WTF! Very good but WTF!
ssjEasterBunny chapter 12 . 8/11/2008
Why did Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern suck? All I can think of is that with over a year of no crime and no fights, they weakened. But I don't really buy that because none of them really work out in the first place, and it wouldn't explain the Manhunter's ability to take out Cyborg, Beastboy and Raven.

It was clear that Batman wanted Dick to fight back and ultimately overthrow the Lords. I trust he'll explain what the previous commotion was to which he referred before the fight, and that it will probably have something to do with the lack of powers that I bitched about above.

Lastly, I thought that Superman immitating Luther's dying rant wasn't particularly appropriate. It's out of character for Supes for a number of reasons that I won't nitpick about.

EVEN STILL, 'tis a VERY good storyline and to make it more realistic would require pretty much a whole second plot. I have my own experience with fanfictions on this site and I know how they sometimes don't cooperate with the author.

I'm greatly impressed with every previous chapter, and hopefully the next as well.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 9 . 8/11/2008
Nice fight scene.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 7 . 8/11/2008
You mentioned you had a difficult time... 'extracting' this chapter but I'll say it came out well. The plot moved forward at a good pace; by that, I mean it didn't move forward much in comparison to the previous chapters. This is good cuz it slows things down and lets me absorb the situation.

Hopefully now the next chapter or two will pick up.