Reviews for A Rival's Counsel
pixeljam chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Wow, I really liked this! Great job on pulling in Seto and Mokuba's relationship and comparing it to Joey and Serenity's. This was very well written and I could totally see how Seto could help Joey in the situation. All in all, very good job, and keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
i know this is from 3 yrs ago but geeze j. friends are so nosy did they have to follow him everywhere. if it was me i would say god back off let me breathe. whats wrong with them hanging back and waiting for j. to tell what happen with k. nosy if i was k. i would have told them to get out. i can see them making a connection but do the others have to but in?
dancing elf chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
interesting
John Smith chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Haha I actually enjoyed this story a lot! It's kinda silly, but it really works out well and feels believable because you write the characters SO WELL. Super cute! I really like how it connects Kaiba and Joey on such a negative topic in such a positive way when nothing else brings them together. Can we say irony or what! xD insta-fave!
Lightest'Ink chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
X3 Aww!
DarkestInk chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Aw! Great story! I loved it and you got down the characters' personailties swell!
Pfefferminztea chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Hm.

We knew all along that those two have something in common, but you proved it. :)

I really liked that story, especially that that moment of which I dont know how to call it in English - in German Id call it the Aha-Effekt :D - where Mokuba realizes Setos advice about making a sacrifice is not just some theoretical talking.

Sehr schön! :D
KiraraGlitter chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
aw... (right now I'm THIS close to crying) so sweet! Kaiba has a good side. Sometimes, I don't see why Joey and Kaiba hate each other. I mean, they have completely different personalities, but in a way they're very similar.

-they both have family troubles (or a lack of a family in Kaiba's case) and bad fathers

-they both only have one thing that they truly care about: their younger sibling.

-they both went to the duelist kingdom in order to save their siblings.

i wish that they would realize that. great story, keep on writing!
ml101 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Wow, this was a cool one-shot! Sorry for the late review. Student Council Elections were this week and it was pretty hectic.
Kukki Boo chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
-wipes tear and claps for friendship story that's just friendship- Makes sense that they could get along on that kind of subject

Gotta feel a little bad for Mokuba getting the picture, though.
sherabo chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Super, but you know its the title that really empressed me the most "A Rival's Counsel" I think its is so cool. Joey needing Seto for something other that sex is nice. Seto acting so unconcerned but listening with a sharp ear all the time. You've nailed their personalities on a different level and it works very well. Write more about good times together, you can do a great job. Good things come in small packages and this is a good thing. Thanks for a good read. **
Yokai Hebitori chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
This was a good story...it's just too bad it's completed. (Personally, I like Joey and Kaiba together, it's like their complete opposites, like Yin-and-Yang; and usually when their together...it's just funny, like how Joey was whistling a tune from Oklahoma that got on Kaiba's nerves.) Plus, it was nice that Kaiba gave advise to Joey (esp. since he really needed it.)

You did a great job, and you should have more stories with Joey and Kaiba in the future.

(_)

Yokai Summoner
journey maker chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
I really hope that Joey can get his father to realize that he needs help and that he can keep Serenity safe.. Great Story..
Ozymandius chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
good story. This is about the only way I could see Kaiba and Joey connecting is if it had something to do with their younger siblings. Any other subject and they wouldn't even have a civilized conversation
ONIX-21 chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
hey this is cool!

a very interesting read :D

nice of him to actually give advice lol :D