Reviews for The City of Lies Affair
alynwa chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
This was truly one of the best stories I have ever read about the MFU! Just wonderful.

I really enjoy reading your stories.
Lothithil chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Excellent! By now, of course, I can expect that... but it bears reapeating. You have a wonderful style and a gift for writing MfU. I love every word.

*rousing applause*

-Loth
geordie grey chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Really exquisite work. Such a great nuanced look at the pair - and how even their deep bond can be tested in the 20th century's most duplicitous city.

Absolutely rewarding. My only complaint is that it doesn't go on for another 10,0 words. Check out the other works by this author - you won't be disappointed.
hoellenwauwau chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Great story, though entirely too realistic, which is very sad if you think about it. But that is mankind for you - completely selfish. I liked your writing style, the plot and your nice descriptions. Combined with Solo's discomfort it all seemed rather bleak, gray and uncomfortable - perfect for your storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed reading!

Since I'm from Germany, I thought I might correct you on your title: it should be Stadt DER L├╝gen. But otherwise - except for some missing letters, which is not a real grammatical problem at all - all your German sentences were correct! :) I hope you don't mind me correcting you.

Again, thanks for posting this wonderful story!
RLS83843 chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
The story would be a lot easier to read if you broke it into a few chapters.
lauren hedgehog chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed this immensly :-)
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
To say I was blown away seems in bad taste with the story ending as it did, but I was. This is without a doubt the best fanfic I've read in this fandom, and one of the best I've read in any fandom. Kudos on setting the mood perfectly, from Solo's cold, his physical and psychological misery and his hatred of the city, through the actual environment descriptions. The plot was deftly handled, believable, real and distressing. All too often stories tell a reader about lies, deceit, betrayal but rarely does a reader live it while reading the story as I did in this one.