Reviews for Midnight
wschiffler chapter 14 . 19h
Couldn't put this down! You write beautifully, it's easy to visualize the world you've created. I'm looking forward to the next installment!
that-shrinking-violet chapter 1 . 5/25
Hello!
I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Midnight is one of my favourite DHR fanfics, and I love everything about it. From the beginning to the end, your amazing writing skills created a tale that simply is of high quality.
I truly hope that you continue writing this story so that you grace us with your talent. :3
Sincerely, SV
Blue chapter 4 . 5/21
This is so exciting.
poornmiserable chapter 14 . 5/19
awesome, i'm glad that this is still a work in progress. keep it coming, love your writing
Amazing story! Please please finish it! Please!
ThatPatronusKid chapter 1 . 5/14
AHHH! Oh, my god! You've updated! I cannot contain my excitement. I couldn't believe it and when I saw that it was last updated in April, it completely escaped my mind and I ignored it until I thought about it properly. Anyway, I need to re-read the whole story now first before I review properly. Cannot waiiiiit!
somebluenovember chapter 3 . 5/10
I'm reading this for the second round now and actually managing to be polite and stop for reviewing, instead of staying up through the night and reading-reading-reading. Among a thousand other things, it's the Mirror of Erised that I cannot not stop thinking about. If it shows the cost of receiving one's heart's desire, then it's a bit of the future they both saw, right? Is the future something they can change? Or will it inevitably be the same result, the same cost, regardless of whether either of them changes, what decisions they make?

Also, the lonely, haunted Hogwarts in ruin you've created, wow.
somebluenovember chapter 11 . 5/9
This is the best HP fic I've read in a long time and I rea t. Amazed and in awe, really.
M chapter 14 . 5/8
God, I love this story. In so many ways it feels more honest than the published ending to the series.
Well done! this story is really great! You captured the characters really well and I can't predict what would happen next. Your description of the atrocities done by voldemort makes the fiction so powerful, suspenseful and goes beyond my imagination. I never imagined that he would be so terrible. You're really good. I like every bit of this fiction -Draco at the precarious edge of thin ice... Walking the fine line.. His admiration and revulsion of the dark lord.. The dark twist of sleeping beauty.. Well done. Keep it up
Oh, the plot thickens! I absolutely love all your twists and turns.
kitcatscratch chapter 14 . 5/6
I always loved the fact that Hermione in the original books was such a strong character. She was a powerful witch with a brilliant mind. I love that you continue to uphold that part of her instead of turning her into someone weak who is ruled by her emotions. Yet you still show hat she is human and her humanity is what separates her from the monsters. I especially love that everyone sees something different with her. Draco sees her as a means to contacting the order and bringing the war to an end. He sees her as tool who is smart and resourceful but to be used and I suspect he underestimates her by only seeing facets of her instead of the whole. I love that Blaise sees the master manipulator in her (which D didn't seem to pick up on) and he, out of everyone, recognizes and even feels a bit of fear at what she is truly capable of with her intellect. And I love that Potter is in this story what he was in the original story. Someone whose greatest power was that people believed in him and loved him. He served as a figurehead and rallying point. After all, it was H who came up with what to do and how to survive it. The sleeping beauty story though was a bit confusing because the characters and who they seemed to symbolize seemed to shift. Either that or the point you were making was that the seemingly good person did both bad and good and the seemingly bad person was also both bad and good. I don't know. I read it a few times and it seemed to shift where the princess and witch were alternately both Bella and H. I don't know. Still, if nothing else, I still think back to my favorite scene ever early in your story where D & H leave Hogwarts and she kicks him on the shin and he swipes her legs out from under her and holds a knife to her. I love it because it showed that she was not just intellect but action. That D acted on instinct with violence and murder. That she took that moment to mentally calculate who he is, what he was capable of, and how to get what she wanted in the end. LOVED IT. It totally summed them up. Can't wait for more.
rose02 chapter 14 . 5/5
Uhhhhhhh you are back :D :D :D
Sooooo happy you updated
I love your story, even though it is so dark, it is incredibly realistic
I love how you portray the characters, they are so in-character if you know what I mean
Though I must admit this chapter was a little hard for me to follow
I am generally not a big fan of writers adding new characters/creatures to the story but you did it well enough so still, well done :)
I found the story of sleeping beauty incredibly fascinating, however I am not sure if I understand it correctly, or if I made the right assumptions, I guess a one to one translation would be too easy right :D
anyway, I still have a few questions I hope you can answer without spoiling the story
1.) the experiments Grindelwald made and his prison, are they inspired by the Nazis concentration camp? Your story seems to have quite a bit connection to Germany
2.) What is meant by "vessels" in the end? like bodies? English is not my first language so maybe thats why i dont understand that completely
Anyway amazing chapter and please dont let us wait another 2 years for the next update
Episkia chapter 14 . 5/4
I've caught up again and it is absolutely glorious. Yes yes /yes/.
Kyra4 chapter 14 . 5/3
What a bittersweet situation to find myself in, being caught up in a WIP after all these years! Quite a while ago I was fairly involved in fanfic, especially pertaining to my OTP Dramione - but it's been a long time since I was very active. Maybe only 4 or 5 times a year now I come back over here to dabble around a little bit, see what there is to find, and it's been I don't know how long since I found anything much that spoke to me - until this! Your whole story reads like prose and the descriptions and imagery are such that I can "see" the events unfolding in front of me. It's riveting and dramatic without being melodramatic (melodrama being something I was certainly guilty of in my time, lol!) And the relationship between Draco and Hermione is evolving slowly, realistically, and ever so enticingly! So now here I am in a position I haven't been in for years - having to wait for updates! Argh!