Reviews for What's the Distinction?
Twinkel13 chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
it's been like what, 4 years now? and I'm still waiting for the social acceptance fic! XD please do it, if you ever feel into it. I think you'd do a great job especially now with your increased writing skills
Athena Eudialyte Vewlpoer chapter 2 . 6/9/2012
I would like to thank you for writing this. Most people joke around about Bert and Ernie beings gay, but no one actually gets the fact that that could be true. Sesame Street is about learning and it is always changing so I do hope some day it will right a episode like this, but untill that day comes I would like to thank you agian for this story and say I hope you continue it.
Twinkel13 chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
this fic really need another chapter3

I would love to read a "is this alright" sketch

as I and many others has said, you are BRILLIANT when it comes to write in character X3

3333
cy chapter 2 . 2/25/2012
Aww, that's so cute! I was actually so relieved when I read this was a serious take on Bert/Ernie! You kept it innocent, child-like and sweet, just like an actual Sesame Street episode! It'd be wonderful if they actually tried this, I think it's very important to teach kids about acceptance. Very well done. (:
Baby Show Story Writer chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This is sweet, and so Sesame world. Some Bert and Ernie stuff is just... mentally scarring, it really is.

"This is Sesame Street. We need thorough explanations."

That line was so cute. It made me laugh.

This is funny and serious, and I like how you wrote it. If Sesame Street ever had decided to make Bert and Ernie gay, this is how they would have gone about it. I just know it.

Straight to my favorites!
Arsha Clarek chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
I think this is nailed both of them perfectly, and i loved the note about Kermit's show. I could totally see this happening. Muppets are the best!

-Arsha
anonymous chapter 2 . 1/10/2011
Wow, I realize this was written forever ago and I'm really late to the party. BUT!

I just have to say, this is astoundingly perfect.

I was just going through the fics here to see what kind of crazy stuff people would've submitted, but this is honestly just great! Not only does it read like an actual episode (I love the little insert at the end of the first chapter), and handle the concept really well, but I honestly think you've got the characters perfect too. I pay a lot of attention to people's speech and mannerisms, and reading this was like... it was like hearing Jim Henson and Frank Oz in my head. Very true to the way they interacted with each other on those old episodes... and even the little line Bert says about having to have thorough explanations, that totally reads like an ad-lib that they would've done in the old sketches (You know your stuff, so I'm assuming that might have been intentional! )

Anyway... thank you! Wonderful read. : D
HettyBobcat chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Oh that was so very very sweet.

I think that IS the way it would have been handled by Sesame Street if they decided to take that leap and address an issue like that.

I'm not gonna say whether I feel that they are or aren't. I mean, they're characters. They do what ever the script calls for and the level of emotionality is simplified to be more digestible to a pre-schooler.

But whether they are or aren't, I think it's kind of sad and tragic that it is such a sensitive and hotly debated issue that it can't really be addressed on a show like Sesame Street.
Wind Alias chapter 2 . 4/8/2010
I would rather much like a social acceptance sketch :'D
Nellynee chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
I see what you meant by a "serious" fic. Even as a kid, before I even knew what 'gay' was, I didn't think of these two as brothers or family. I thought of them as two guys who lived together and loved each other. I'm really sick of people trying to stick some sick adult twist on such a beautiful relationship.

On that note, they are beautifully in character. I could actually see them on screen in my mind. I've read a lot of your stories, and find that if there is one thing (other than the actual grammatical perfection) that you do well, it's characterization. No matter who you are writing, they are spot on, acting and reacting to every situation as they should, perfectly and wonderfully no matter what they are doing or how unlikely the situation would occur. No matter what, the character is the character, and you are one of the lonely few who can manage to keep them that way to the "t" rather than allowing some slewing the character to your preferences or to fit some cookie cutter situation with the characters acting as every other character in their situation has acted before.

I have no doubt in my mind, that had Jim Hanson been forced to approach the subject in his life, this would have been the exact skit. He was wonderful and understanding and so are you. Never stop, because we need more like you on these sites.
The Happy Monkey of Doom chapter 2 . 11/20/2009
Okay, this must be my favourite thing I have ever read, ever! Your Bert and Ernie voices are beyond perfect... And I can't tell you how much I still hope they will one day deal with such topics on the show. Bert and Ernie are of course the obvious candidates...

I for one would love it if you did a 'social acceptance' bit. For one thing, it's probably something they'd need to deal with on the show if it were ever to go in this direction, and just quietly I'm eager to keep reading the cuteness of your fanfic! 33
dontthinkaboutit chapter 2 . 11/9/2009
Wow, I really liked it! I think that's exactly how they would explain it on Sesame Street. And I think it would be neat if there was a social acceptance chapter, because they would probably discuss that as well.
chuantilly chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Que bonito. Me encantó, muchas garcias por escribir D
pamelana chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Aww, this is really sweet. I don't really think Bert and Ernie are gay for each other but if they were... this is how it would happen. Innocent and simple.
Aydan chapter 2 . 10/3/2009
Social acceptance bit would be nice to read, honestly. However, the piece flows very well without it.