Reviews for Hark! the dogs howl!
dristi chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
hi, the story is very interesting so far (but the chapters are too short ;))...pls update soon
BLAHBLOT chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
YAY! I loved it. Silly Remus and his apprehension; doesn't he realize that they probably already know he's hiding something...if they really cared, they would have found out already.

I love the Marauders! Thanks for writing of them so wonderfully!
Silver Hunteress chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
Always a sucker for angsty Remus. Always an even bigger sucker for canine love between Padfoot and Moony. Very good story hope to see more of it soon.
dreamdustmama chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
Ooh, really good! Wow at the forshadowing! The full moon on Halloween and James, Sirius, and Peter knowing about it; borrowing Fang from Hagrid...they'd have to tell him why, and I can see him getting indignant for Remus's sake thinking they're being inconsiderate and letting something slip by while chastising them. Of course, this is just my own imaginings...Remus's real howling added to Fang's. As much as Remus hates his werewolf half and is trying to hide it, I kind of wish he'd been a little more "the werewolf would win." It would have added to the others' suspicions. I maintain that vampire!Sirius with werewolf!Remus would be explosive...in a good way, of course. ;) I can't wait until the next update!
starmaninthesky chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
I have to say it depends on the vampire. Some say werewolves always have super-strength though... hard to decide...

And if you're looking for guilty pleasure vampire-wise, read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. She's the best. It's just too bad she hates fan fiction.
Katie-1369 chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
o:

This is really good. I can't wait for more. Update soon?
Annie chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
I don't have much time, but I want to say that I'm really enjoying your story so far! And I'm looking foward to know what will happen next... I have a feeling Halloween might be a little hectic... Remus and Sirius are well writen, they feel "real" if that make sense! Oh, and I did read Twilight and enjoy it! As you said, maybe not so perfectly writen, but good story!

Hope to read more soon (like, tomorrow!),

Annie

P.S.: I would say, concerning vampire vs werewolf... What about a truce? :)
remuslives23 chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
I sense a revelation ahead. Fantastic chapter - I enjoyed Remus' introspective and look forward to Halloween.

A few people have recommended Twilight. I might check it out. :-)
BLAHBLOT chapter 2 . 7/16/2008
I love it! I think it's fresh that it has taken the boys so long to realize about Remus, but I guess boys can be rather dense. Anyway...I love how Sirius acts all angry, but he really just needs somebody. I LOVE IT.

Hagrid is awesome. He's so supportive; I could see him helping out a nice little werewolf. Hagrid would be helpful to me if I were a werewolf.

Being a werewolf would be kind of horrible...but I suppose the enhanced senses. And you could strike fear into the hearts of men! Yeah, that'd be sweet.

And I think a vampire would win. Superspeed and strength and all...
dreamdustmama chapter 2 . 7/16/2008
I'm really enjoying this story, you're a talented writer! Ok, let's see:

What do you think of Hagrid's intervention? I thought it was right on target for his character, and will have some effect on Remus and the way he sees himself. It seems like they will become good friends. With Hagrid's tendency to say things he shouldn't, and the fact that he is also friends with James and Sirius, I could see him letting something slip to them about Remus's condition.

What do you think is the most awesome aspect of being a werewolf? Well, if being a werewolf included heightened senses and strength, I think that would be pretty cool.

Who would win in a fight: vampire or werewolf? I'm going to say werewolf, because I love Remus so much! :D Vampires are becoming overrated and old news.
tehfanglyfish chapter 2 . 7/16/2008
First, I enjoyed the update and looking forward to more (hint, hint). I kind of really like the fics where Remus's furry little problem is first discovered.

Second, I liked what you did with Hagrid. I've not seen anyone use that before in a fic. It was unexpected, but very believable.

Third, I don't really know what the most awesome aspect of being a werewolf is.

Fourth, a werewolf would most definitely win against a vampire. This largely has to do with the fact that many vampires are incredibly emo. As they can only come out at night (unless they're Twilight vampires), they use all their valuable fighting time angsting away about their eternal dark existence or some other crap like that. Therefore, as werewolves are better adjusted (it's only occasional angst) they could just sneak up on the moping vampire and totally win.

Thank you.
LoquitorLatinae chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
This is really good so far! Your characterization is awesome and I already feel sorry for poor, beaten-up Remus. So sad. And James and Lily are either really good friends to Remus and know when to drop subjects or else they might actually have some suspicion that he is a werewolf.

I hope you update soon, I'd love to keep reading!
remuslives23 chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
What a great start! This was a fantastic start to what is promising to be an interesting fic. I loved the banter between the Marauders and the insight into Remus' background.

"What could be better for the soul than friends and chocolate? Friends in chocolate?" - laughed out loud at this. Great combination of drama and humour, and I look forward to reading more.
poppyjml chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
oh poor remus (
dreamdustmama chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Very well written, I enjoyed this very much! I can't wait to see the next chapter!
570 | « Prev Page 1 .. 28 35 36 37 38