Reviews for Superwomen of Eva: Lilith's Herald
Fan of Fanfics21 chapter 5 . 6/12/2012
Stan Lee made his well known cameo appearnce in Marvel, and he's done it again in this chapter!
Zoro50 chapter 15 . 5/18/2012
The Good: Unfortunatley the only thing I really liked about this chapter was how well it waas written. Every scene was weel staged and well written...

The Bad: Unfortunatley that was the only thing I really liked. I really felt you were dumping on the cast as a whole. It didn't really feel suspenseful like with a cliffhanger, just kinda depressing. I suppose after such a long wait I was hoping for something a bit lighter, and not Gendo poens everyone and all the characters but Gendo dumping on Asuka. Maybe if this was a penultimate chapter and the end was in sight then it wwould have gained that "The world is ending,the lights are dimming, but hold on to your hats, its not over yet" feeling. Perhaps it needed a glimmer of hope.

The Other: Glad you're back to writing. I hope we get to see more of your other works updated soon.
IncandescentOne chapter 15 . 5/16/2012
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this story so far, it comes off as really patiently and well written, I'm v impressed.

I especially liked the mentions of the hulk, but that there's been no full hulk yet, it adds some depth and realism. Rather than introducing something and it being the focus straight away, you've written it with leevls.

Also like the slow approach to the rei/shinji, with the way their characters are/you've written them it fits perfectly :)
bissek chapter 15 . 5/8/2012
If it wasn't for the fact that I know that Gendo doesn't care about the long-term viability of NERV, I'd consider what he did a supreme act of incompetence. He just undermined Misato's authority, potentially made Asuka's issues worse, and now the pilots can worry about potentially being locked up for going against policies that didn't exist when they acted.

That last bit is actually illegal. NERV is a UN organization, and the UN passed a resolution banning ex post facto regulations back in the forties. Shinji cannot be legally punished for an act that wasn't a crime when he did it, and Asuka cannot be legally exonerated for crimes because they were legalized after she committed them. Funny how Gendo has just declared that his pilots are not entitled to protections that his nominal superiors have defined as basic human rights. That could be awkward if it gets out.

Though even if Asuka does get more arrogant because she got away with her reckless and (strongly) arguably criminal behavior, I doubt anyone she knows socially is going to take her side on the matter, especially since she just shot at several of them.
Jayelwillow chapter 15 . 5/6/2012
Nice... Wonder if the Herald will visit Shinji in prison. Would be sweet and she does have the power to (able to turn invisible and insubstantial, IIRC). ;)
nequam-tenshi chapter 15 . 5/6/2012
I am surprised at the turn of events! Shinji should not be placed in solitary confinement! Does Shinji find out that Rei is the Silver Surfer anytime soon?
Jayelwillow chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Xenriel chapter 15 . 5/5/2012
I really, really should have saw that coming, but for reasons unknown to me, I didn’t (I must be getting old). Seriously, it’s like Gendo just looks for ways to be evil (must be a hobby of his). This action, I take it, won’t be without consequence, that’s for sure.

PS - Chiron again? That guy needs a quick-kick.
Mike313 chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
It's good to see you updating again. At the risk of reopening our endless debate about Asuka, though, I have to say that I think you went too far by making her so openly, unapologetically murderous. Asuka's prideful, often nasty, and very screwed up...but she's not a monster.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
Oh man...Asuka is going to be absolutely INSUFFERABLE when she learns that Gendo is SUPPORTING her!

I get the idea that she's going to develop a smugness that only equals Shinn Asuka from Gundam SEED Destiny. If she does, it'd be ironic because they share a name!

Please update this story again soon!
Quathis chapter 15 . 5/2/2012
And thus we see why Gendo is titled "The Bastard". Really strong emotions throughout the chapter, and it looks like it isn't over, especially with Asuka getting Gendo's favor here and Shinji getting the shaft. Had to pace a few times to get myself under control. Really good job here.

As for the omake - I was laughing from when Kensuke complained about no women. I figured it would be Gladiator's turn to show up. Love the irony there.

Until next time.
Kage Bijuu chapter 15 . 5/2/2012
All I got to say Rebuild verison of Askua is much nicer then this one that for sure and less crazy as well except rebuild verison plays with a doll which in on it self is very creepy. Also I got to say Gendo is a extreme bastard for what he did to Shinji. Also I wonder how Hikari can handle with Asuka obivous homicidal behavoir toward her superhero and Re superhero alter ego.
animefan29 chapter 15 . 5/2/2012
Talk about a cruel ending for Shinji. I wonder how Rei will take it.

Now when I first heard that Gendo had artifacts my first thought was that he would eventually use them to make his own team of empowered humans to counter the Silver Surfer and the others. But as I thought about it I really wondered if that was the route you would take and now I just don't know.
gunman chapter 15 . 5/2/2012
Yes, I can definitely see where this chapter is headed, and to be honest, it doesn't surprise me.

Gendo and the SEELE Committee have their own agendas, and they are using the Angels as scapegoats to continue their own evil agendas, and no one is aware of that.

Shinji is being locked up, Asuka is going to be set free, Misato is going to get repremanded, and the only ones who can do anything about this are classified as 'threats to mankind'.

Worse, Asuka has learned nothing about her actions.

She's still all ego and bitchy. Worse, she is using NERV's mission to cover up her own insecurities so that she can get as much glory and attention as possible.

It would be hilarious and rather righteous if Iruel's arrival was to change all of this.

It would solve so many problems all at the same time.

If Iruel hacked the MAGI, and exposed all of NERV's secrets to the world, then the entire planet would turn against them and both Shinji and Misato would be vindicated of any crime that they were being accused of.

Asuka would be

And I loved how Misato angrily railed against Asuka for her actions, which were all correct in the sense that what she did was try to eliminate someone who was trying to do the right thing, and she was trying to kill them because they were unintentionally taking her glory away. They were doing waht she was supposed to be doing, and she was upset that they were doing it better than she was.

And Misato is right. She tried to kill potential allies, not considering that even with their Angelic natures they were fighting against the Angels.

Gendo's attempt to use this 'gray area' to make the heroines seem like threats to mankind was well played, because he is the villain hiding behind his official authority of trying to save the world, when in fact he is out to destroy it as well as SEELE is.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but didn't SOMEONE, ANYONE figure that Gendo was the wrong kind of person to try and save the world?

It's gonna be hell for Misato and Shinji now, and I wonder just how Rei is going to take this whole thing? She has to do something! It might be time for Rei to finally put Gendo in his place, but it could be a very messy process.

Which is why I suggested that Iruel really screw things up by hacking the MAGI.

(I'm actually serious about this. If you only take one suggestion that I make, please make it Iruel hacking the MAGI and screwing up NERV's and Gendo's plans)

And the omake at the end was nice. Toji railing about how Kensuke needs to become a 'stronger kind of man that the ladies will like'. Well, I guess they don't come much stronger than Gladiator, now do they?

Look forward to more later.

Write on!
Blitzstrahl chapter 14 . 3/20/2012
chapter 15 please or i gonna killz ya hard!
284 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »