Reviews for Voo Ess Jolly
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Michael and Terry and Anthony. I love the Ravenclaws, they're brilliant. Even if one of them can't speak French (not that I know if Stephen can or not).

It's nice to see them a few years before everything just going through a completely normal life.
Nao K. Kawasaki chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I love how your portray Micheal and Terry. They're great...
xhpduhx chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
ahh! i love them. they were my fave fave FAVE characters in dayd. and this is great. they are awesome. hehe. poor anthony, couldn't learn french.
lynxzpanther chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Okay, you actually speak french, don't you? Because you never make a single mistake that I've found yet, and I still don't understand half because the level's so far above me... it's relieving and annoying at the same time. :P Sorry, that's my inner Ravenclaw going mad there. ) I'll hijack the Hufflepuff back to fangirl. :D

Okay, though being obsessed with Mike and Terry, I've learned to totally adore Tony as well. He's adorable! Poor boy, trying to learn to speak french... I learned long ago to just give up on people who slaughter the pronunciation, because the more I explain the worse it gets. . Love that the boys just sent her a poem instead- how sweet! They're such good friends, even if they fail as teachers. And Tony was happy. ) Everything works out in the end.

Adorable fluff. :D

Lynx
SilverCyanide chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
I do ever so love this one and come back to read it every so often. It always makes me laugh, the way he's trying but he just can't get it, because I know the feeling. My only peeve is that in 94, Gabrielle is about eight or so. Other than that, lovely as always.

SC
WeatherWatch chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Haha excellent. I've tried to explain the French language before...I understand their pain P

Nice story ]
Shadows-of-Realm chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
LOL! That was great!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Awe I love it, their deaths were so hard to read about in DAYD I loved them. Great job.
The One And Only Lobster chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
It's a cute little ficlet, no doubt, but, uh, you don't speak French, do you? *giggles*
Castigat Ridendo Mores chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
I liked this a lot, foreign language exposure is always nice to see, only I just have one little think I have to point out.

"Mon nom est..." would usually be "Je m'appelle"... but if you did want to say "My name is," you would use "Mon prenom est..." because a 'nom' refers to the surname/last-name, and 'prenom' is your first name.

Ah, but otherwise this was quite funny.
jnglkat chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
I love your mike/terry stories even if most of the time I have to use google translate for them, haha.

Nice job, and keep writing!
Meltalviel chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
:P Ah, non! Michel n'est pas Cyrano; je suis sûre que son nez est très jolie. En addition, Fleur n'est pas une Roxane; elle est trop altière, du moins, elle était comme ça en le quatrième roman.

I do love your DAYD universe so, so much, it's ridiculous.
brknhalo241 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I give up! My good friend in England who speaks French is away with his boyfriend so I have no clue what the phrases are saying...yes, I can research it...but something could get lost in the translation, it always does. Help me, Andy!

BTW...sweet story and a perfect scheme for these two. And nobody was killed or tortured. Well...except for the young man trying to learn French...he seemed a bit tortured. Ah...French...makes a girl melt...as does this story.
obfuscate chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Aw, that was cute! If I may point out one problem, though: The French never say "Mon nom est." It's always "Je m'appelle." It's just a custom. Translated literally, it means, "I call myself." Anyone saying "Mon nom est," would be looked at like they were speaking gibberish.
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
This was nice. I liked it especially as I'm French :D and English guys have such a cute accent when they speak French!

Nice reference to Cyranon, too; good job!

- Gaby