Reviews for Family Matters
sd4ianto chapter 10 . 10/23/2012
Jack, Ianto, Kam, Roan...I haven't read Gary yet, but I still have several of your stories to read. This is one of the best that I have read, this whole series of reincarnation for Ianto. Always coming back to him. Thank you!
sd4ianto chapter 8 . 10/23/2012
Great story. Can't wait to find out how it ends. Thank you! Keep writing.
fullmoonmidget chapter 10 . 4/12/2010
oh jeez. I still still smile when I think of Roan. You created a really amazing character with just a few mentionings and a single chapter. And a really sweet side story. And really sad. I'm kinda halfway to crying right now that was so bittersweet.
Village-Mystic chapter 10 . 11/7/2009
four to five hanky epilog... reincarnation, only Jack hadn't fallen in love with him yet... amazing. This one is set 2500 years after the other reincarnation story that you're telling? That one is only 500 years in the future?
Village-Mystic chapter 7 . 11/7/2009
This really is an amazing story twist. And a likely one - at least for the mother to be tricked by some time agents to come back and get Grey, possibly even knowing that Jack was from their time.
Village-Mystic chapter 6 . 11/7/2009
Good moments. I like Jack's "hippy" scientist mom.
Village-Mystic chapter 5 . 11/7/2009
Yeah on more heart-mature Ianto having his say, even if in his own quiet way - privately at first.
Village-Mystic chapter 2 . 11/7/2009
No, I'm not sure if Ianto should understand. But he does love Jack, and you've drawn him respecting Jack's past to be in his past.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Oh!
Tracyann45 chapter 10 . 10/11/2009
wow, i loved every bit of this.

thank you for writing it.
Orion Lyonesse chapter 10 . 9/23/2009
I think I shall have to bill you for a new box of tissues!

I love the idea of Jack meeting Ianto's soul throughout the ages of his immortality. Just think of the balm to Jack, having realized that in this episode. It should give him some peace.

The other side of this idea, though, is that, as Edgar Casey wrote, our souls are part of a "pod" of connected souls. Those souls aren't just our beloveds, but those we have unfinished business with, and they recur in different forms and in different relationships to us. A hated abusive father could return as a son or lover. A lover comes back as a daughter or close friend. Sexes mean nothing. Souls return to learn what they need to learn.

So, perhaps, if Jack has identified his lover returning, someone else will also recur, someone with whom he has unfinished business, say, John Hart? Grey? (Oh, frozen when last we say, but did his body/soul survive the destruction of the Hub? Of did John Hart do him in secretly sometime?) Estelle? Gwen? Hm, plot bunnies!

This epilogue was beautiful. Another for my favorites list.

Keep writing!
HuckingHarkness chapter 10 . 9/9/2009
I don't think I've ever cried so much at the end of a story. Of course it may have something to do with listening to a song called 'Our Farewell' at the time but not entirely. That was so sad, but so beautiful and ironic that Roan was in Jack's history, before he became a better man and met Ianto.

I loved it, every up and down moment- I started out just skim-reading it to find out who Jason was, but I was drawn in from the start and ended up reading the whole thing! Now I'll go back to 'Short Stories' ch39! lol.

ta for a great story! Carrie; )
vivelabookworm chapter 10 . 6/27/2009
AW! I'm not going to lie. When Jack's mom showed up wanting to get Grey, my heart lept into my throat. Poor Jack was probably going to absolute pieces inside. I'm glad they were able to work things out though. ) Ahh and Roan calling Jack "Cariad!" I think I almost died. It's reincarnation someway or another. Weird timelines and all that make my head go loopy so I try not to make sense of them. Just accept them as they are. Another absolutely amazing installment! D
2rats4writes chapter 10 . 5/29/2009
Oh my God! Am I right in thinking who Roan is? I don't want to spoil it for other readers, but Oh My God! This story was amazing!
miss itsuki chapter 10 . 5/20/2009
It's a wonderful story! I can't make a review for every story you write in this UA, but it's just amazing, and this chapter make me cry so much!

It's the first time I cry for a original characters.

thanks for this story!