Reviews for The Black March
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
This was okay. It should probably be labeled as just Lelouch since Kallen's role was rather small and most of this was Lelouch being introspective. I would call it out for being too dramatic, but drama is its genre. Lelouch needed confidence. If he had confidence in himself, he wouldn't have been half as indecisive or prone to mistakes that cost him so much in the anime.
Simplywaters chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
An interesting piece, though I find myself wishing you had written at least a few more chapters. Your writing is good and the idea behind the fic is very good for a 'What if'.

Hope to see more )

~SimplyWaters~
Satiah chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I love your stories. Each is so well-written, and you have a beautiful way of crafting words and imagery so they reach out and grab at the reader’s emotions.

This was an amazing alternate ending fic. The tone shifts were subtle and smooth, the story very well crafted, and everyone was wonderfully in-character. I especially loved the way you handled Lelouch. Even despite his breakdown, his mind raced; he still manipulated the world and it's pawns with the skill of a genuine master player. This was a wonderful story to read.
notcroaker chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
I don't see it as 'getting over' Nunnaly's loss. He's putting his grief for her, and for Suzaku, to the side for now...

Really, the way I read it, he's having a bit of a mental 'break'. He's deciding and fixing in his mind that Suzaku, Nunnally, and /Lelouche/ are in fact dead, and he has to be Zero now in order to make it work.

From this point on, he is Zero, who occasionally pretends to be the deceased Lelouche Lamperrouge vi Britannia.
DarkJackel chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Other than getting over Nunnally's disapperance quickly this was pretty good. I esspeccially liked Lelouch's killing Suzaku. Part of me hopes that you will make a full story out of this.

Thanks for the fic.

-_-Me-_-
Darth Lelouch chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I love your story. I waiting impatiently the next.
DuQaine chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Hey! This is really good!

Extremely well written

Keep it up!
J Plash chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Brilliant alt ending fic. As you mentioned, the one major flaw was that Lelouch seemed to just kind of 'get over' Nunnally, but you .sort. of justified that with him being slightly mad and all...and it was great other than that, so it's forgivable ;D I didn't have a problem with your characterisation of Kallen. Thoroughly enjoyed, brilliant alt ending to R1. The end was particularly good, actually; the statement of Zero, 'a thing without a past or a future', the chess analogy, and the idea of fighting for the people he's killed to get there, which becomes so massively important after the end of R1.

That was a kind of muddled review, but great fic ;D

J
Garowyn chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Excellent work.
Velshard chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
This was a perfect oneshot story I quite frankly don't think they get much better than this fine example you've and on that note I have nothing whatsoever to complain about though I would have to say making a continuation of this story is definitely enticing.
sliver of time chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
hmmh... i think you should keep writing. it would be intresting to see how lleouch would keep on fighting without CC and his sister. I think you got the characters thoughts and actions pretty well. anyways ill be looking forward to a continuation of this if you decide to do it.

sliver
Wing Zero Alpha chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Hm. Interesting concept you have here. Personally I find it better than the canon version, and it does open up a whole new possibility for the Code Geass storyline. Other than that, I liked the Lelouch x Kallen exchange: without making it outright romantic (although I do admit I am a fan for the two together) you pretty much brought out their relationship and reliance on each other. That's pretty good. And on the subject of Nunally, I don't think Lelouch would abandon her like that either; here though, he's focusing on the moment and what he has to do now so that he can focus on finding her tomorrow.

Finally, I am curious what Lelouch would do with the Lancelot. Perhaps paint it black and take it as his replacement for the Gawain with a Druid System attached? Would be an interesting switch, especially if he brushed up on his piloting skills for it (anything's possible).
Yoruichi 'Ino chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
lelouch is right

kallen is always there for him!

;D nice story
AiAi2011 chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
This is Great, if you can please continue to write in an AU direction! Truth to be told, I really didn't like how Lelouch was defeated by Suzaku too at the end of season 1
Archaic chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
I'd be interested to see where you could take this. Code Geass was scheduled to go down this kind of route, if they didn't get approval for a 2nd season and had to close with an OVA, so I've always wondered exactly how it might have turned out.