Reviews for Castles in the Sand
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
I tried to review this yesterday but ffn wouldn't let me, so I'll try to remember what I wrote then and make another attempt to post a review. I just realized I'm listening to the soundtrack of PotC3 at this moment so hopefully that's a good sign.

First of all I want to say again that I love the title of your story; it suits both the first drabble and the story in general very well.

I tried to mention in my review yesterday that I'm still not sure whether I just like Norrington or that I really like him, but when I read your story I think he totally made his way into my list of favorite PotC characters. I tend to forgot that he is (in my opinion) like the only admirable character in the entire third movie, for the simple reason that I can't bear to watch that movie for the general lack of appreciation I have for about anything that happens in that third part.

The drabbles you wrote describe a lot of different moments in his life, both that we actually saw in the movie or other things that could've been, and although they're placed in a random (?) order and aren't really connected to each other, I still had the feeling that they totally belonged to each other, because they all described possible moments in his life so very well. It feels a little as if you see his actual life and “what could have been” in just one fic. And it really made me wish that there had been more Norrington in the trilogy and that he wouldn't have had to have such a (in my opinion) pointless death in part three.
Idril Ar-Feiniel chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
This is really good Robynne! :)
Hubert24601 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Loverly, very Loverly drabble!
AHealingRenaissance chapter 1 . 7/9/2008