Reviews for Lies
sa-brina86 chapter 12 . 4/14/2011
First of all, thanks so much for the review reply! :) Aww, this was such a wonderful story again. What I love the most is how you show their feelings. You're sitting here, reading and are all like 'gosh, say it finally!'. I especially like how they mentally urged each other to say something but weren't able to. And how great it is to see they finally made the step. I also love the concept of this, with their lies. Fantastic story!
Sunshine and Chocolate chapter 12 . 11/19/2009
That was wonderful! I love how you incorporated lines from the movies and how they were always lying! Great job!
Willofthewisp chapter 12 . 4/21/2009
Thank you. Thank goodness someone has also realized that that cheesy wedding would not be valid among a society of Ringling Brothers clowns. First of all, Barbossa is not a captain. Just because he is at the helm does not make it his ship. They're on the Pearl, which is Jack's ship, and since he isn't there, it falls to Elizabeth since she is the freakin' Pirate King. Next, like you said, he's a pirate. No legitimate ship captain would ever consider that a valid marriage, nor would any society. Thank you.

Their reunion is blessedly blunt. They finally know that they will not have what they want until they voice it. And now they can be in each other's arms on their Pearl, their home. This was so beautiful. Well done.
Willofthewisp chapter 10 . 4/21/2009
Gah! What a cliffhanger! This had better have a happy ending. I'm too invested in it now. This is just lovely. Each one of them is begging the other to go first and say they love the other. One of them is going to have to take the lead here and open him/herself up and I'm not sure which one will finally do it. Recalling their goodbye scene in AWE breaks my heart. It's painful to watch. She seems to be at a loss for words and he can barely look up to watch her go. And he wants to row her to shore? Maybe they'll just start making out about halfway in route and forget what they're doing in a longboat in the first place. Please?
Willofthewisp chapter 9 . 4/21/2009
"She's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen." T&T have always stated they felt Elizabeth was the most piratey of their pirates. I love how you insert dialogue from the movies in different context here. There aren't a lot of moments in AWE I consider all that great, but it really is a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Liz when she announces herself to the Brethren Court and drives her sword into the globe. She's so tough there and you can tell even if Jack is still giving her a hard time that he's quite proud of the pirate that she's become. So is Barbossa. I wonder if he will surface at all? Probably not, but oh well. The last part where Jack says he will be watching her walk away from him again is heartbreaking, especially because it is so similar to the "that's the second time I've watched that man sail away in my ship" only now the feelings are so much more intense.
Willofthewisp chapter 8 . 4/21/2009
Oh, dear, no, Jack! You're not supposed to respect her decision here. Just this one time, you're supposed to knock some sense into her. Fight for her! What a wonderful memory, too. I always thought it was shady that Elizabeth never really denied loving Jack, but was more insulted that Will thought she did. There should have been some, "I only love YOU, Will" or "I could never love him the way I love you," but there is not. It's a very moving scene between Will and Elizabeth in and of itself, but the undertones scream out sparrabeth still. Either that, or I am fanatically in denial.
Willofthewisp chapter 6 . 4/21/2009
Wow. What's especially good about what you've done with the middle section is that all the "she wanted" sentences are mostly things that ended up coming true. She can surprise Jack like no one else can. The "other things" was a nice touch, too. Including dancing in there was wonderful since we had just seen them dance earlier in the chapter, and there is no safer sex than dancing if you ask me. It would have been a lot of fun to see them dance onscreen. So we will soon hear the most significant lie she's ever told? It has to be "I'm not sorry," has to be. You're doing such a great job here.
Willofthewisp chapter 5 . 4/21/2009
LOVE how you managed to insert the words "dread pirate" someone in this and play it straight! Jack seems to have an eye for clothing and appearances and we could all tell how floored he was to see her and how "dress or nothing" was a cover up for how turned on he was just to have her there, in his presence, again. So good of you to have seen that and capture his thoughts. I think she looks cute in her pirate clothes, too. But there is something so hot about him imagining her as a bride. It's that very vulnerable side of him we don't get to see too often. And Pintel and Ragetti's little remarks at the end, always commenting on the action taking place around them, HILARIOUS and so in character.
Willofthewisp chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
This is such a blast, such an intimate look at the both of them. I love your writing style. The sentences are short and to the point, but yet they say so much. Every word seems to be a conscious choice that describes the moment perfectly. I really like this chapter, how it's framed, the inner dialogue. I always wanted to know what happened between COTBP and DMC...well, I have my own musings, but I do love Jack slowly, very slowly, realizing that his love for Liz is just as strong as Will's, if not more so, that it is just as valid and important.
Nala162024 chapter 12 . 12/11/2008
Aww the ending was so cute and I loved how Jack just wanted to shot the chest that held Will's heart. LOL.
royalpinkdogs chapter 12 . 7/20/2008
perfectly lovely!

I jsut discovered this story-a hot, tropical afternoon in Kentucky spent in air-condotioned hiding from the heat-and I'm allowing myself to drift away to the Caribbean in the wonderous fables of Jack Sparrow.

This one is perfect. All the depth of emotion and reluctance to make oneself vulnerable-to admit ones feelings-and then to find your love is reciprocated-and it's Jack...ah
Rae Nightling chapter 12 . 7/20/2008
it is good a very nice ending to a web of lies. i like it a lot. i hope you write more great stories
Florencia7 chapter 12 . 7/20/2008
The ending couldn't have been more perfect! It was BEAUTIFUL. And so was this story:) It was so craftily, so wonderfully written. I absolutely LOVED it! Amazing work:)
Shvon chapter 12 . 7/20/2008
Aah, that was such a cute ending! I was worried for a little bit, but I knew it had to work out, and it did, and it was perfect.
JustAnotherAuthorDurping chapter 12 . 7/20/2008
So I totally loved the ending. xD

Seriously, this was so sweet and just... perfect. But before I get on to the details, but favorite line was;

"I told William I liked his hat. An’ that wasn’t a lie, it was a very fine hat, Barbossa would ‘ave been envious."

LOL, that was so Jack-like and perfect. -snickers- Oh dear.

Anyway, so the actually J/E itself was just... Squee. You could really feel how torn both characters were in the beginning. But then at the end, they couldn't deny it any longer! :D A great ending love, though I am sad to see this is over. You're a brilliant writer, and I'd love to see more from you soon!

Great fic! :D