Reviews for The Boys You Grow Into, & The Boys You Grow Out Of
KissingKoi chapter 5 . 7/15
I know it's been a really long time since you've finished this book and you probably won't see this, but I just want to say that your fanfiction inspired me to read GWTW myself! (I became obsessively taken to it now.) Even though Lily and James aren't how I usually picture them, I love the way you pieced them together around Scarlett and Rhett-it was a great mixture. Reading this book made me feel a lot for my favourite couple (like I don't do an unhealthy amount of that already) and the whole story was just wonderfully written. I usually don't really leave reviews, but I just wanted to congratulate you on a job well done (:
Cheers!
Vivss chapter 5 . 2/23
Ahh I can't believe the story ends here! I really wish we could have seen them being a couple for real, in the open. Also to see Lily understand the whole 'doe' thing.
Anyways it was a great story! I loved your James, though he still continues to be a mystery for me. It'd have been interesting to have a bit of his pov.
Vivss chapter 1 . 2/21
Great first chapter! It had everything I hope for a James story hehe.
Harriettlovesbooks chapter 5 . 7/23/2013
Love it! The raw emotions and confusion were expertly done! Cheers - H
FourthIsland chapter 5 . 6/16/2013
That was so lovely!
I've never read a fanfiction like this. I love how you avoided steriotyping anyone, especially Petunia. I've always loved the Lily-Petunia relationship, like how they love each other so much cos they're sisters, but there's so much resent.
Naww it was just so sweet!
Headbands chapter 4 . 6/15/2013
AHH that ending shocked me so much!
Seriously what are you doing? But I love it anyway :)
And also, I think you might be the only other person whos noticed that brooms aren't just for quidditch. They could be flying to classes and up stairs and everywhere.
Cassie 3 chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
Ah this is so exciting!
I actually love this fanfic. I was really bored with the cliche story line that most fanfics follow, but this one is so different. I hate how Lily is usually the stereotypical perfectly imperfect girl, like she eats heaps but still has a good body, and how she somehow has everyone in love with her despite posessing no charm. But this story is so lovely and different :)
And I hate how usualy James is a cross between Chuck Bass and a 2-year-old.
And I especially hate how Lily always has some friends who shhe can totally trust and they are like made for each other or something, and they never encounter any problems like actually being frenemies (which I kind of feel like all of my friends are, so it's nice to have a character I can relate to).
Anyway, everything I said I hate isn't in this fanfiction, and everything I love is in it!
BallerinaInLilac chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Dear Jellyjulie,
I'm so proud of you for combining Gone With A Wind and Lily/James. GWTW is one of my favorite classics, but they way you changed the lugubrious ending (Rhett leaving Scarlett) into a truly beautiful masterpiece is pure genius! It was a bit of a stretch for the timeless Lily as a Head Girl/Perfectionist/Extremely Rational caricature, but I love Scarlett all the same. For those of you reading this breathtaking fanfiction, the story has so much more depth to it if you have read GWTW. I absolutely loved Travis Vance as Ashley, and James Potter as Rhett could not be more fitting. My only criticism to your otherwise flawless piece is that GWTW is a tad more conservative, due to the old southern nature of Tara. Otherwise, you have a natural instinct for dramatic, detailed writing. Overall, you are such a talented writer and hope you can create more quintessentially incredible fanfiction stories!

A final word - The story is complete as it is; your adding another chapter would be overdoing it. I apologize for this lengthy review. Your story inspired me too much:)

j.a.m.i.z chapter 5 . 12/3/2012
So cute! It's a little weird with peter not in the group, the marauders not pulling the pranks, lily not being studious and her being so rich, but the story itself was remarkably well written. I loved it!
Bellanu421 chapter 5 . 11/29/2012
Woohoo! I like it! it had such charged chapters! though I would have loved it if it was longer :)
Guest chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
This is so good!
Captain Libeka chapter 5 . 10/8/2012
amazingly written and a perfect length :)
Siriusly in Lurve chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
I quite like this. I have lots of thoughts, but I am sick and can't make much sense of them. I'll try anyway. I was apprehensive about the characterization at first, but I grew to really enjoy it. It certainly was a refreshing change. James was brilliant. I perhaps would have liked to see a bit more of growth in either, but I suppose in the end it was just as it should have been, if that makes sense. The resolution clicked with the rest of the story, in a good way. I would like to congratulate you on being the only person ever to end a story with "For real this time" and have it be one of the most epic endings ever. Great work.
Kristina713 chapter 5 . 9/18/2012
That was beyond amazing. I loved it. Different to all the Jily fanfics I've read. Purly amazing.
inquirewithin chapter 5 . 6/26/2012
Absolutely excellent characterization, and a refreshing take on the Lily/James dynamic - well done.