Reviews for It's Just a Game
NorthernMage chapter 3 . 2/15
I'm guessing that you're not coming back to this, seeing how long it's been since an update? I actually found out about this through TV Tropes, and I was looking forward to it.
Dee chapter 3 . 6/20/2014
Cool reminds me of that anime that I stopped watching. So when are you going to continue. Lol.

Also wow, Light a noob not knowing anything is funny. Is Ryuk a real person or a shinigami in this. Also will L play the game.
theunhappytwins chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
BRILLIANCE!
I'm waiting for the potato chips.
X59 chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
So the Death Note characters are in a .hack setting...

That sounds pretty cool.

Hope you continue this.
Moon6Shadow chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
Interesting concept using a game, I really look forward to seeing/reading where this goes.
HG131 chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
I can only hope you've set it up so that you get an email every time you get a review. That said, write more. Please. You have perfectly blended WoW, Second Life, The Elder Scrolls and Death Note into the most awesome AU I've read in a long time. I have no idea if you even know about the Second Life and Elder Scrolls aspects here, but I feel like they're there. The more realistic buildings and grounds remind me of TES, as do the limitations on character creation. You have the whole interaction and no killing each other (though, I imagine greifing would quickly become popular) of Second Life, and the general MMORPG open world that can quickly become boring of WoW (at least, in the TES games, it's all you). Hell, even the name reminds me of Second Life and WoW. The New World. I feel like you've nailed the characters, and the general feelings of everyone is done quite well. As usual Ryuk is basically a troll (his motivations in this and in Death Note itself are that of a troll, that is to say, cause havoc for the lulz), and it transferred quite well. I normally don't write such long reviews, but the shortness of this combined with how awesome it is has really left me wanting to leave a long review to get you to just post more chapters. So, I have even subscribed to the story and added it to my favorites. Seriously, this is one of the best fanfics I've read in a long time, including many of my all time favorites. Though, I must ask, how will Light use this to try to better The New World? I can see the becoming a god part, but I don't see how he can better it.
Tobi chapter 3 . 7/30/2011
You have no idea of my anguish when I discovered no 'next' arrow after chapter three. You are writing an amazing crossover here. .hack and death note are both character driven stories and you are meshing the two perfectly. Please don't let this sit unfinished!
inactiveaccount100000 chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
Fun game! This'll be so much fun
pokemaster101 chapter 3 . 6/16/2011
I thought Ryuk was L at first. XD Them both being friends is new and cool.

You've matched their personalities PERFECTLY! Especially Light, L, and Ryuk. 8DDDDD
TrisakAminawn chapter 3 . 6/10/2011
You have convincingly pitched the most boring virtual reality game ever. (Also, you had Mikami explaining things that he shouldn't have thought he needed to. And made Light really stupid. That was annoying.)

But I like human Ryuk, and the fact that the storyline is shaping up to be a duel between L and Ryuk, with Light as a pawn.
Nagasha chapter 3 . 4/29/2011
I hope you're still continuing this! I have been a fan of Death Note for a long time, but have continuiously been wary of the fanfiction section for fear of endless plotless Yaoi (yaoi with PLOT, now that's a different story...)
Ranger24 chapter 2 . 11/25/2010
Sounds like world of warcraft... before the questing got good.
icywarm chapter 3 . 11/16/2010
Dude. That's a good idea. This will be so fun to read when you continue.
LuckyRosepetal chapter 3 . 3/20/2010
I really like this story. I don't really know what else to say but I just wanted to let you know that.
amycakes chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
This is amazing so far! A very original idea, I hope you continue it :)