Reviews for The Real One
Heart4Wolves chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Aww 3
Genesis Chi chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Wow, *wipes away tears* I loved the comment about humans knowing there should be two hearts; it's brilliant, amazing and very throught-provoking.
SilkStars chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Oh, this was so lovely I could hardly believe it. I love to read the versions of Rose/TenToo with a not so perfect beginning but the resolution really working and just- ah. It relieves some of the pain of their arc. Thank you so much. Favourited, and looking forward to reading more of your work!
rosetenforevere chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I've got to admit, when i first started this I was uncertain, but as it got on it got better and better and better. It made me say "Awww" at least half a dozen times :)
Marionette chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
i always thought that rose got the short end of the stick-it never occurred to me that ten II would feel so lost. you captured something really brilliant here. thank you for writing.
From the End of Heaven chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Awww! This is the first story with Rose and Other10 that I have really liked. It's well constructed and not too wordy, just the right amount of everything.

Thank you for writing it and sharing with us.
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Well, it looks like things will go well with the human Doctor :)
Fogwood chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Oh, fiddlywiddly. That was lovely. Cheers.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
oh wow that was so splendidly the very begining to the last line.

Later she will learn that it’s because he knows his voice still has a lot of Donna in it, and he’s making a conscious effort to sound more like himself again. aw. man, i just feel for those two, rose and the human doctor.

“I’m not the one you wanted,” he says, looking sadly into her eyes. ... After all, she spent years in this universe pretending she was fine. She can keep on pretending a little longer. Maybe forever, if she needs to. :(

No, she wants to say, you got me instead of everything else you ever had. That’s not a better deal. That’s paying a price. That’s settling. Even in her own head, she won’t let herself add, Just like I’m settling for you.

Making him look at her like she’s the greatest treasure in the universe, because all the other treasures he had are gone.

“I know, sweetheart,” says Jackie. “Don’t you think I know? Don’t you remember how long it took with your father? He wasn’t the same either. But we made it work.” i really like the conversation with jackie. cause yes you do forget about pete and jackie but she is right.

“But it’s supposed to be just you and me, isn’t it?”...He balks visibly. “I’m a Time Lord,” he says sourly, as if this answers everything. this bit here was just so well done. how panic was so mixed in to the other emotions. and then to try and make it up he cleans himself up tries over and over again to cook but then gets pizza.

“The other you can still love her,” says Rose gently. “He had to let me go so you could have me.”

When he looks up at her, the alcohol has stripped his face naked, and he looks at her with desperate eyes. “He was stronger than me. I couldn’t have done it. I couldn’t have let you go again.”

yes river is such a sore spot to me and my kin too. i like to say a number of things she might be instead of a lover. its only slightly acceptable with stipulations if its been like 300 years or so after rose.

the wanting of two hearts for love was nicely said.

“I love you,” she whispers in his ear, after.

It’s the first time she’s said that to him, to this him, and his eyes shine.

“I’m glad,” he says. “I’m so glad.”

and aw.
SkyHighFan chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
I like it. I know the Doctor didn't approve of what the New Doctor did but it needed to be done. The Daleks were just too much of a threat and there were no Time Lord forces to stop them this time. Just the two Doctors and Donna. Its doubtful anyone would have ever gotten that chance again so its for the best that he took it when he did. The Doctor should have understood: after all he did it once too but with much graver consequnces. I don't like how Rose isn't traveling with him anymore (she's my favorite companion) but at least she did get the Doctor in a way. I think an example of how she changed the Doctor would be on Satalite 5 when he couldn't bring himself to annialte humanity like he did the Time Lords when he destroyed the Daleks the first time
anotherlovesong chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
That was perfect. Really really perfect.

'She remembers that it was this man, right in front of her, who burned up a sun just to have those two minutes with her' Love that line

x
Tez162 chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
I really like this

It feels more real than some of the fanfics i've read.

good job
TheRavenclawNinja chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Perfection. Just perfect.

I needed this.

Thanks.

Nora x
BkWurm1 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I got to the part quoted down below and just about pumped my fist up in the air. YES. This is exactly it. You've identified why Journey's End was a good ending...the only way there could be a good ending.

And it’s the again that makes the tears well up in Rose’s eyes. She remembers that it was this man, right in front of her, who burned up a sun just to have those two minutes with her, the first time they said goodbye. It wasn’t just the other one. It was this one too. He’s the Real One, just as much as the one who let her go."

Ten point five or 10 1/2 or humanDr or altDoc or handDr-whatever a body wants to call him- still has the original inside him. He IS the Doctor.

I can't help but wonder if Davros hadn't taunted the Dr. about taking ordinary people and turning them into weapons if he would not have done the same thing given the chance to the Daleks. He's had to do it before, never because he wanted to, but because it was the only way. Was 10.5 really wrong or was he just a too painfully acurate reflection of who the Dr must at times be -judge, jury and executioner.

Sorry for rambling, but thank you, I enjoyed your tale.
lyin chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
love this! present tense worked wonderfully- gave it a great immediacy; your characterization was dead-on (ten-2 as meek threw me a bit, not the way i read him, but the hiding-the-donna-in-his-voice made sense). and his whole 'do they have beatles in this universe?' speech was just smashing and so very Doctor. and a perfect ending- 'cause he is the Real One too. and the approach to River Song added a lot too. wonderful job, thanks for the read!