Reviews for An Orc of Nargothrond
Luverly!
Borys
awceagle chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Interesting.

Though I half expected the elves to kill the baby outright without regard.

There have been a few who have written about the possiblity of elven-orc offspring. Only the child and her orc clan always considered her to be one of the orc-folk. The only ones who knew otherwise were her mother and her biological father.
Me chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
You forgot one important fact about orcs when writing this story. In the books Tolkien specifically says that orcs are magically transformed, tortured, and hypnotized elves. Though I suppose orcs could still have offspring. Another thing, I love the story and think that you should write more. I like tragic and sad tales more because they are more realistic. Just my views. Jesus loves you!
Torli chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Thats a wonderful idea! I love it quite a lot, to be honest. And it make me smile several times of day, when being in a class was so boring and this popped up in my head again and again:)

Good job!
AC2 chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Returning the compliment: what a great idea! That reviewer who says Tolkien wrote that baby Orcs raised by Elves grew up to be Elves has opened up a realm of possibilities! This is a great little fic, though. Added to my C2, My Favourite Tales. Nice work!

Niggles: There are a few typos here and there, but that's it.
Epilachna chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Interesting. I liked it. But to be honest, I would have had them slaughter the child. I don't know how it would have worked trying to raise an orc in elven lands and the moral dilemma of killing an innocent enemy would have made a more powerful piece.
Ellynn chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
I agree with what your previous reviewers said: I like it, and I want a sequel. *sweet-puppy-look* A long one. And don't worry, it would not be necessarily sad - at least not completely. ;)

And in the end, I cast just one more glance towards you: *sweet-puppy-look*
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
If you should ever reconsider...I would read a continuation of this story, whether it turned out sad or happy. The concept is interesting.

I did wonder how the heck Gelmir and Elris were able to keep the baby alive for two weeks of travel, but I guess a one-year-old Orc could be fed a diet of pulped meat or something?
Henry Plantagenet chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
This was fun to read! But if you took it seriously, it needn't necessarily end up as a sad tale... it has a lot of possiblities that are worth exploring!
Hellga chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Well, considering that Tolkien wrote that Orcish children who are raised by the Elves from the very young age grow up to be regular ordinary Elves, just they cannot resist attacking the Orcs whenever they see them (even when it's stupid, against the orders, etc.)... it will be interesting what you make of this baby.
Dis Thrainsdotter chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I think this fic makes me wonder what the Orcs would do if they found another Orc fighting with the Elves. Probably not anything nice.
OnyxDrake chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Aw, hell... I found this an intriguing concept. It does make me think that not much has been said about orc biology.