Reviews for The Rushing Wind
Kit Spooner chapter 24 . 4/26/2010
Oh, I love, love, LOVE this story. I only stumbled upon your fics by accident while searching to give me a Mao/Kurtz fix. But now I feel ever so lucky I did. Thanks for the ride!
Teslar chapter 24 . 4/4/2010
great story couldn't take my eye's away from it. a sequal would be good
CameoRuby chapter 24 . 2/16/2010
Awesome story! I was kind of hoping for a sequel, but I reckon that the story ended on a good note anyway :D

I love how you captured Sousuke's personality...and Kaname's...And Mao's...And Weber's...

Ah, in conclusion, I LOVED YOUR STORY! It was perfect! Love it!
P.P.V.V chapter 4 . 1/21/2010
wow, that was a rather quick decision on Kaname's part.

It's too bad that Wraith was taken out of business, if you will.

Looks like Kaname's stuck going to a school she never thought to attend in the first place.

Don't you need certain military credentials for it?

Oh well, it will be interesting.

What rank would she be given, I wonder?

Okay, that's it for tonight.

Until your next chapter,

P.P.V.V chapter 3 . 1/21/2010
The Mao/Weber pairing is just great. I like the way you write it. This is the first FMP fanfiction I've read, so I am really happy that you've done a great job at it.

You've captured their personalities so well.

oh, before I forget: isn't WRAITH a girl?

Or did I just miss something in the show?

I guess I'll have to re-watch it...

Okay, onto the next chapter,

P.P.V.V chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
oh, he's leaving her!

Sorry my reviews are so short. I was reading the chapters on my iPhone and I didn't have a chance to review them there.

I will aim to review each and every chapter though, so excuse the fact that they're rather short for now.

Awesome character depiction.

P.P.V.V chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Aw, I like the Mao/Weber pairing! :D

It was so cute ~ Weber is adorable.

And that was an awesome way to make an excuse to kiss.

Anyway, onto the next chapter!

alitablake chapter 24 . 12/28/2009
This was absolutely wonderful. One of the best fanfictions I have ever read.

You have captured all the characters so well and how they would progress though each scenario. I loved the action and the romance, everything was just so well written.

Wonderful author! Thank you for a great story.
Maggiepie34 chapter 24 . 12/20/2009
Amazing Story!

I loved the entire thing, a great start to my winter break!

:D
dragonshit chapter 24 . 12/3/2009
Amazing. This being a fanfic totally slipped my mind throughout the duration. Looking forward to reading your other work!
jazzpha chapter 24 . 11/8/2009
Wow. Just... wow.

Damn you for making me lose a whole night's sleep and not regret it one bit. I literally could not stop reading this story, and it certainly paid back every minute spent pouring over it tenfold in sheer fantastic. I've lost count of the number of times I smiled, grinned like an idiot, laughed out of sheer, quasi-manic joy or just felt all warm and fuzzy. And considering that this is coming from someone running on zero sleep and being propped up solely by this awesome piece of prose and ass-kicking movie scores, I'd say that's quite an achievement on your end. Brava, maestra. Well done.

I'd enumerate all of the moments that stuck out to me as being particularly affecting, but then I'd practically be re-writing the last few chapters wholesale, and you already know what they say, so I'll try to restrain myself.

I'll start by saying that one of the things that impressed me most about this story was how you treated each and every one of your characters like real, organic people. So often in fanfiction I've seen people refuse to develop characters beyond the strict bounds of what's been dictated by whatever canon they happen to be drawn from for fear of seeming OoC, but you chucked that Sisyphean burden to the wind and came out all the better for it. The development of each and every relationship, and particularly that of Tessa and Yang, was so well-constructed and paced that the word 'crack' never once entered so much as the periphery of my thoughts while I was reading this story.

Another thing I feel compelled to mention is the resolution of the relationship between Chidori and Sousuke, and the only word I can really think of that would be an appropriate label would be 'glorious.' I honestly felt elated when all of the walls between them finally came tumbling down, and all of the pent-up emotion found a way to be expressed sublimely without words, in the only way it could have been.

But here I am, running out of superlatives, and skirting dangerously close to sounding outright saccharine and sycophantic. So before I embarrass myself too badly by drowning you in a flood of purple praise, I'll just say that it was a joy to follow this story from its beginning all the way to the bittersweet, yet wholly-satisfying ending. Thanks again for sharing this tale!

All the best,

JP
jazzpha chapter 10 . 11/7/2009
First off, I feel like I should apologize for waiting this long to review. But it was so well-paced, and so goddamn compelling, that I couldn't bring myself to stop until now, the point at which this 'arc' is coming to a close. At the risk of dolling out praise to the point where it sounds like sugar-coated hyperbole, I think the story so far has been fantastic. You've managed to move seamlessly between so many different angles of FMP!'s universe without missing a beat, and the character interaction so far between everyone, old faces and new alike, has been top-notch.

You really got me caring for those raw recruits within just a few chapters, and Auntie in particular was an incredibly deft piece of characterization on your part: Gunnery Sergeant Hartman given some estrogen and a wicked, paper-thin smile to lull in the prey before their heads get bitten off and their necks spat down. The only parallel I can draw to how I felt reading this training camp stretch is that it reminded me of Ender's Game, and while I can't really think of a way to elaborate on that, I assume the title drop speaks enough on its own.

In short, this is a damn awesome story so far, and I haven't even gotten to the halfway-mark yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing where things go from here, and thank you for sharing this story. Also, before I forget, awesome integration of the softer moments between Sousuke and Chidori within the harsher environment of the boot camp; they were organic and heartfelt without feeling forced, so good stuff there. Also, the Kurz and Mao rapport has been really entertaining to read so far, and I hope they can come around to a happy conclusion. But I guess I'll have to just read on and see on that front.

All the best,

JP
funkmasterjo chapter 24 . 10/27/2009
Exciting, refreshing, and... should i say perfect approach towards chidori x sousuke. I mean, it just fits.

Everything.

Good Job.
gaojo chapter 24 . 10/1/2009
Beautifully written. Of all of the original stories and outcomes that i have allowed myself to indulge in, I feel the best after reading this. The character interpretations, the scenarios, and even the outcomes...all of it was perfect.
Meatzman2 chapter 24 . 9/26/2009
"There's the knowledge that, even just last night, someone decided to marathon-read this crazy epic that came out of my head and loved it."

It's 5:18 AM, I have two essays due on Monday, I stumbled across this fic at 10pm or so and I can't find a better way to put it.

I'm not an FMP shipper particularly, I like the manga and the anime and haven't really had a proper look at the fandom, nevertheless I really, really enjoyed this fic.

Honestly I don't really pay attention to single lines that often, Kurz's "they even stocked the bar for us" had me chortling though.

I thank you most heartily for a wonderful night and bid you adieu as I retire to my bed to get up in a measly three and a half hours for work.
285 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »