Reviews for Top Hats
hello.yuri chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Lol I like your explanation for Takeru and his horrible hats.

The Takaishis actually still lived relatively close to the Ishidas. Takaishis lived in Shibuya and the Ishidas still lived in Odaiba.

I haven't run across any stories of Ishida Hiroaki being a bad (thank goodness) cuz he's one of my favorite digi parents :)

It shows greatly that he loves his two sons very much. He even bought them a new computer when Takeru asked him x)

This was a cute one shot
ARCtheElite chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Wow, I can't believe I'm reviewing a seven-year old story, but I like it so much I just have to say something:

1) I like everyone's portrayal in this story. If nothing else, it's not as farfetched as some of the other stories.

2) It's not a cheesy love story. Not that I have something against them, but more often than not they're cliched.

3) It's quite close-knit. It's got a really warm? feeling, a sense of family, albeit a divorced family.

Great story!

sakura's conscience chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
Don't be embarrsed. It was a really cute story.
Sir Brass of the Pen chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Embarassed! heh, you shouldn't be! That was good! And who says the gilligan hat is awful! Till I *coughlostcough* mine, I wore that hat everywhere! Heh, it's stylish in a way, and worth catching the "gilligan" comments for. Now the 01 hat . . . now THAT was awful! Even worse than Tomoki's in Frontier, even.

~James (Sir Brass of the Pen)
Lin-Dul chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
very cool! im not sure if you have done it yet, but maybe you should do one about matt's harmonica! or koushiro's pineapple laptop? taichi's mini telecope?
Starlight chapter 1 . 7/23/2002
Aw..this is so sweet! I like your idea to explain Takeru's hats. Reasonable. Have you read 'My Brother's Keeper' by Ella J.W? In that fic, there's also explanation about Takeru's hats. I think that's reasonable too. Matt gave Takeru those hats. I like both your idea!
archforge chapter 1 . 6/6/2002
Love this story

Keep Up the Great Writing!
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 5/20/2002
I happen to like the hat TK wears in 02. I'm wearing one just like it as I type this. This is a good fic. I like it.
darkmongoose chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
I was bored so I decided to look up the title "hats" and this one caught my attention. I was quite suprised to discover such a good fic. I always imagined Matt's dad as a kind parent. That was awesome!
SatAM chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
Im glad to read a story where Mr. Ishida is not the 'abusive' father which he is in most fic I read that has him in it.

I loved T.K.'s hats! Both of them! D
Hopeful Writer chapter 1 . 4/6/2002
As a major fan of TK's hats, especially that green one, I loved that story. I also really like your writing style. You use a lot of good adjectives and such. Hmm, did you ever notice adjective is a noun? So is verb! Okay, sorry, small detour there. But the story was really good. §LaTa§ - hW
Destiny Star chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
That was a good explanation, except for one thing about that freakin' bucket hat of T.K.'s. He has seven of them.
Cracker chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
aww...great story. Not many family stories about TK, and this is very, very well written. You give the relationship between the family a very realistic and mundane feel. Great job! Good luck in the future :)

Wolfie2 chapter 1 . 12/20/2001
I totally agree, those hats needed a really good reason for being, and you got some real good ones!

Yay for Mr Ishida, that sound more like him then an abusive parent _
Bandit chapter 1 . 11/24/2001
Kawaii! Mr. Ishida gets a bad rap; I like him! I'm glad to see a story that shows the Ishida-Takaishi family with some realism. You've found the fine line between cutesy and negative!

(And yes, I think I saw something like Hallmark at the supa in if they don't have the specific brand, they probably have some sort of imitation. M_~ Sorry I didn't get a closer look, I was usually busy trying to convince Okaasan to buy salmon and not shrimp.)

I love the hats! My brother and I are in conflict over the 02 one; he says it looks like a lampshade, and I say a popcorn bucket. My friend Dustin insists it's a mixing bowl, but I think that's a stretch. M_~

It's a pity there aren't favorites anymore, or you'd definitely be on mine! Nice work! O_o