Reviews for Vis à Vis
Guest chapter 22 . 7/4/2012
Nice to see you back!

I thought the fight scene was very comprehensive, and I especially liked Itachi and the Fourth's musings about all the different styles and the specifics you went into. I've read DNT as well and I can certainly see the difference - improvement - in your style of writing.

Naruto's excitement post-fire-cyclone was cute as well. Also, I'd like to say the Japanese/English jutsu name-dropping method you've decided on is a good idea. I always think any kind of colon said aloud sounds strange cause you have to insert an awkward pause, but the shouting in battle pretty much nullifies that. Using English would also give the readers a chance to heard the translations for the Japanese in the story rather than reading them all at the end (you wouldn't even have to put them at the end if you mentioned them in English).

The last point I think I'd like to make to you is that I find you go into a lot of contemplation/explanation, and while this adds depth to the story and is ultimately good for it, I find whenever I'm writing that kind of thing it slows me down. Make sure to sort out what you really want to write about in your plot and indulge yourself, 'cause if you do that instead of inserting details and explanations for the reader you're going to enjoy writing more and therefore put chapters out a lot quicker.

Of course that's just what I've found; if it's different for you, that's cool as well. Maybe it was just real-life stuff that was slowing down your writing, etc.

Anyway thanks for the update, looking forward to secrets being revealed pretty soon! All the little clues for Arashi to inspect is fun but I'm aching to see the big revelations! Good luck in all your writing, Reaper Nanashi.

Maddy
Guest chapter 18 . 7/3/2012
Hi, hi!

...so, somewhere along the line I stopped reviewing this and for that I am greatly sorry. When the latest chapter came I started to read it and realised I had missed too much and so I went back and read from the start!

I don't know why but for some reason I like VàV a lot more this time around. In a fault of my own, I think last time I read this I kept comparing this to DNT but this time I read it on it's own and as it's own story and I'm really enjoying it! I think I'm more open to it this time. Loving it!

So, now, this chapter.

I loved Arashi's entry into the Uchiha house. That man has no sense of manners! "Do as I say, not as I do". Ha ha, that's Arashi to a t. At least Naruto has more brains and is actually using manners. His dad could take lessons. XD

Those cloaked people. Ugh. I didn't like them before and I still don't like them. They're just creepy. I was really eager to see how Naruto would handle the situation and then Arashi turned up so, yay! I think he handled that pretty well. :)

And hmm, I found it quite interesting that no one had heard of Yamato. Huh, makes me wonder where he is...or not is.

So now, onwards for me! -
Random Flyer chapter 22 . 7/2/2012
I'm really loving this story! You have a great grasp of your characters as they appear in this context and I really like how build on things as the story devlopes. Some of the writing can get a little narrative heavy as things are explained, but I can't really complain since I've done the same thing. Plus, I really do appreciate them explanations since the parallel universes are not the same and the "cannon" universe extends beyond where cannon is right now.

At first I wasn't sure about having the ages of the two narutos off, but the idea has really grown on me and I think you're working with it very well. I also like that you have two Kyuubis in this story with the personalities being as different as any of the human characters. The only real inconsistency I've noticed is that at the beginning of the story, it's implied that Naruto didn't know who his father was, but if he's learned the sage arts and fought Pain then he has already talked with Minato in the Cannon. (That is, of course, you want to tweak that, which is totally within your rights as the author.)
Usually I don't like wicked long author's notes at the end or beginning of a story, but I really appreciate the notes you've put in explaining various comments or things in the chapter. I especially like the linguistic notes detailing aspects of Japanese language and culture that you have mentioned. I'm a sucker for stuff like that so Thank you!
I really should have been commenting on the other chapters as well, since there were things I wanted to say earlier and it wouldn't make a general review at the end of a chapter sooo very long, but I didn't, so it is.
ANYWAY. LOVING the story! Don't listen to anyone with unreasonable criticism, you're doing a great job! I really hope Arashi figures out about the parallel universe thing, it would make life so much easier for everyone involved...maybe. Really looking forward to the next chapter so update soon!
PS I'm relatively new to Naruto fanfics since I only just got back into the show recently, but I've seen the name Arashi pop up for Minato in other stories as well. I understand that this is a different universe/dimension and have no problem with using a different name for Naruto's father. I was just wondering where the name Arashi came from since I don't remember hearing about it in the cannon. I appologize if you already addressed this in one of your notes.
kenni no. 1 chapter 22 . 7/2/2012
wow, just wow. love it!
Exalted chapter 22 . 7/2/2012
Glad to see that you're still alive! I was beginning to worry there :P. I liked this chapter, kind of felt a bit different in the sense that the fight between Naruto and Sasuke was kind of going on in the background while most of the focus was on Minato and Itachi and kind of their thought process while watching the fight.

Still though I enjoyed it, the parts of the fight that were there seemed well written, definitely looking forward to a more extended fight.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
iregreteverythingieverwrote chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Pretty cool! I think that the opposite Narutos are two separate beings, that just switched conciouses… conciousnessess... Whatever the word is, and whatever it's spelled like.
Windschild8178 chapter 22 . 6/30/2012
Wow... Their really revamping fanfiction huh? Anyways I just wanted to say... I literally squealed with I read Minato had figured it out. I've been following this story since you wrote it the first time and I've got to say that the momment it happened I went a bit fangirlish on you. This entire rewrite really outshines the last one and i have to say I loved the last one. But I see why you had to do it... You kinda wrote yourself into a corner plot wise. The character development concerning Naruto and Arashi is absolutely outstanding and I love how you tied it to canon along with new info despite having written things that would seemingly contradict it. Very impressive. Thank you very much for your hard work!
Wanderingson chapter 22 . 6/30/2012
Interesting to say the least and I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter. As for the explanation to naruto "hiding it", I will make a guess and say that he was reluctant show his true abilities. (shrug)
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 22 . 6/30/2012
I'm still really liking all these hints about what happened. Frustrating, but fun! And so was this chapter! I mean, it didn't feel particularly awkward to me, besides being from Arashi's point of view.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 22 . 6/30/2012
Great characterizations, great plot, great dialogue, and excellent plot. I'm thoroughly intrigued and I love your little explanations and additional notes at the end of each chapter. Keep up the excellent work!
The Flaming Hyperbole chapter 22 . 6/29/2012
I was so excited when I saw that this story had been updated that I actually couldn't sit still at first and just read it. I had to wait for at least five minutes before I could start.

I didn't think the chapter was awkward, but I thought Sasuke's behavior was kind of strange. That could be just because the way I view him as a character might be different from the way you view him as a character, and his character could be very different in the universe you're focusing on.

The only other thing I thought was strange was that Naruto intentionally used a wind technique against a fire technique. Unless he wanted to create a combination technique right then, which would have been dangerous given the circumstances. I didn't think that he would completely forget how the elements interact together, but that could also be something that I just think of differently.

Those two things aside, I was very happy with the update and I am looking forward to the next one.

When Arashi was thinking about what Kushina said, was it something that specifically related to switching between parallel worlds, or was it something else? Also, was what happened with Kushina related to what is happening to Naruto now? Is the story from the first chapter related to either set of events? I guess I will find out in future chapters.

As for the jutsu names, I personally don't think it is confusing. I do know some Japanese, which could make it less confusing for me. I don't know if it would be that confusing in general. I do think that it seems a little out of place in that you are switching between the two at all.

I can't really think of a good way to describe why it seems odd, but I guess I could compare it to the anime. In the English dubbed version of the Naruto anime, they use the English translations for all of the jutsu names except for Rasengan and Chidori (I think. I rarely ever watch the dubbed version, so there could be others.). It really doesn't make sense, in my opinion, for them to use the Japanese names for those two techniques when they use the English for everything else regardless of what context the jutsu names are said in and even though those jutsu names may sound stupid when translated into English, I think it is better to have consistency. So, what I am trying to say is, since you have already established that you are going to write in a style more consistent with what the original Japanese would be - using suffixes and using the Japanese names for jutsu at all - I think it makes more sense to stay consistent with that style instead of switching between the two.

I don't know how to make that sound clear, and if you have questions, I can send you another message to try and explain it a different way. I don't think it is confusing, but it seems kind of out of place. It really won't make any difference to me if you decide to change the way you write the jutsu names, but that is my opinion.

Anyway, sorry for the long review. I am really looking forward to the next chapter especially now that Arashi is starting to figure things out.
danilion chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
Haha, looks like someone's getting a clue about Naruto. :) Wonder if that means a domino-like effect is gonna happen... or maybe Naruto will give up the game himself once he knows that Arashi knows.

Liked this chapter greatly! Cool action, cool deducing, cool characters... what more can you ask for? :P
Guest chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
This is most amazing. Like... wdfghjkl; I don't even know what to say :'D

Ah i am getting SOOOOOO into this again. I had started it a while ago but had to stop and so its been months since I last lay eyes on this fict and WOW it's just as fantastic as I remember it being. Love the story, please update soon!

Normal?Never
Iwantasundaykindoflove chapter 22 . 6/27/2012
Oh, this is so awesome. I can tell you really put some effort into your work, and I love that. There's all too many sucky Naruto fics... I love this one. Pleeeeeeeeeease update soon!
Someone chapter 22 . 6/26/2012
At this point I don't think it's fair for people to complain about Sage Mode spoilers. Sage Mode was covered in both the Manga and the Anime several years ago. There's no viable excuse for both following the core texts enough to be annoyed by spoilers and not already being fully aware of Sage Mode.
1,398 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »