Reviews for Vis à Vis
Vaughn Tyler chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
very nice
xxnarufanxx chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
i like baking sakumo :)
mmh i think obito should have one, but one thats a little silly. like for example how about little pigs wearing bows. they should be able to talk and to transform into bigger ones with fangs so that they actually can be useful in a fight.
awesome chapter by the way :D
Guest chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
Obviously, Obito needs to have access to the awesome power of the Squirrel Boss.
Tsukika chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
This post made my entire week. Thanks for updating!
Guest chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
When I saw this today in my email I was excited!Thank you for this chapter! I love this fic, I love the interactions between father and son. I don't think you are doing anything wrong with this story, so keep writing :)

I feel like the day Naruto finds out about his real mother, Obito may get to see what it
MatsumotoXD chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
Give him foxes. It can be that connection between the kyuubi chakra suppressing abilities and the Uchiha. Also, they can bond with naruto or something.
ims chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
Minatos reaction is a bit strange. He is at the same time to paranoid and not paranoid enough. Stuff like that Hiraishin seal sound really intrusive, but on the other hand, he saw the chakra cloak with this own eyes and did not follow up on it.

Naruto has messed up so much already that at some point he should just come clean to avoid the fallout of all those mistakes.
l'-'jj chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
Hmm, Sakumo in a frilly apron - definitely not something you see every day and though I can't clearly picture it, it's an amusing enough that you should keep at it.
Lots of discussion in this chapter, I was almost hoping for an open confrontation along the lines of 'you're not really my son, are you?' or 'there are these voices in my head: me, the other me and Kyuubi'. I'd really like to see that, but then the story would loose a lot of its alluring lustre, because if you spill the beans too early, all those inner thoughts, sneaking around and suspicions that you can play around can't really spice it up anymore and then you open up the other can of worms... Yup, let them sneak around till it comes to the point of 'he knows that I know he knows but I dunno what to do about it'.

Obito and summons... I don't really think so. True, Itachi had his crows (that one with Shisui's Sharingan that went into 'storage' points out to them being more than genjutsu, though with Itachi one can never know) and Sasuke, after getting rid of his snake fetish had hawks (though how he came across those is another mystery).
In one of the fillers (about Tenten) there was a comment about affinities, predispositions of something like that, indicating that not every ninja has the ability to summon (making it a real pain if you probably can't even use a storage scroll). If you're up on the recent manga, you'd know that Obito certainly has the ability, though those same kind of revelations make me kind of reluctant in having him a summoning contract (he was much nicer character when all we knew about him was that he was a goof-off who died heroically).
I think that it's also explained somewhere that the summoning contracts are quite rare (especially those 'big powerful' summons like those of Sannin, Enma and Hanzo's salamander) and very few ninja ever sign one. And even if they get their hands on one, it's not guaranteed that the summons agree to the contract (once again, referring to the episode with Tenten - Gai's turtle blew her of when she insulted her that it was 'not legendary enough like Tsunade's slugs'), the summoner has to prove themselves - you can't take Naruto as a reference, because that was just Jirayia being Jirayia and the toads were not really likely to refuse Minato's son, even if he was a brat at the time
So, all in all, I don't really think Obito should have a summoning contract. The more valid points would be that the Uchiha probably have some sort of affinity to either avians (the aforementioned crows and hawks) or felines (viz 'Sasuke's paw encyclopaedia') - he'd probably be a cat person (a black cat crossed my path and all that jazz). The cats probably wouldn't get much along with Kakashi's (and Sakumo's, because I really think that he'd have his own pack) dogs. And any summoning contracts that are handed down in the fan-wearing clan might not get it into Obito's hands, him being a cast-out and everything. But you could at least make Obito wery affectionate with the Hatakes' dogs (without the summoning), 'cause he's part of the pack. And I'd like the idea of making Kakashi whining and jealous when Pakkun's pretending to like someone else better.

I like that sneak preview of the next chapter, when we could see some sort of action from the other side and 'the wimpy jerk' as I started referring to him during the course of this chapter. The Sasuke tormenting also makes ma giddy in anticipation, though it's kind of sad that you don't have it down then a mere few paragraphs. The upcoming D-ranks sound interesting too, because even if it's more for the progression of the background plot, you have to write even the mundane before you get to the 'real' action.
That chakra sensing ability of the Hiraishin seal totally sucks for Naruto, because now he can't practice any of his special moves without Minato freaking out and he can't pull some of his tricks in official practice because that would lead to a lot of questions...

There wouldn't be a C-rank situated in wave, would there? I know it might be terribly cliché and that timeline-wise it's probably past the point or would be too soon for Minato even considering letting Naruto out of the village walls, but I'd be interested in what kind of twist you could come up with that'd fit in this universe (if there is a Gato at all, or a Zabuza on the run...). Hmm, interesting thoughts what about Yagura and Sanbi, Kiri and bloodline purges... Yep, another nest of horns that might be probably better left un-poked.
But I'd be happy even with an omake or a one-shot, if it lets you restore your muse...
Underwater Dreaming chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
Obito, holder of the contract of the ninja cats!
DarkRavie chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
This chapter was great. I'm so enjoying this story, it's great and you are doing an awesome job writing it. I can't wait to read what happens next.
Shadenight123 chapter 23 . 9/13/2012
In regards to Obito's summons: Concerning Uchiha's, I think they have hawks as summons (looking at Sasuke) or even "Cats" considering Itachi and Sasuke going to the Neko-something.
That said, awesome story! (Long time reader, first time reviewer) keep it up!
Prosthetic Forehead chapter 22 . 9/8/2012
I suspect you've grown weary of writing this? Well, an okay chapter at least.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 22 . 9/3/2012
Nice
moonymonster chapter 22 . 9/3/2012
Just finished reading this...it feels like this and DNT are two completely different stories! In a good way, though. I think DNT had more 'Fan awwwww' moments in it, but the plot seems to know where it's going in this one (though I do think you summarize a bit too much when you write; it's not often, but there have been a few times where I just skipped a few paragraphs and found I hadn't missed much). I'd suggest cutting up the internal monologue and in-story explanations a bit, make it a bit less wall 'o' text and infuse a little more dialogue or action scenes to liven it up. Even having Arashi pace back and forth in his office while he muses gives you something to cut to when you've had him do too much thinking.

Naruto and Kyuubi are my favorites in here so far, though-the Fox is hilarious. I'm missing that confrontation scene between the two Kyuubis though! The action scene here was written very nicely. I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. I think you've got a good grasp of grammar and punctuation, so now it's just ironing out the kinks in your style to worry about, and you've progressed quite a lot since I started reading DNT. Just watch out for explaining too much!

I'm looking forward to your next chapter!
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 22 . 8/3/2012
This is so totally awesome! Please update soon!

First found this from reading DNT and then discovered the rewrite - it's crazy the amount of plot holes that can happen that you aren't aware of until they build up like something crazy. (Sorry, rambling.) But I loved the character interaction in DNT.

This fic is so cool! Although I worry for Arashi's sanity - he seems part way off his rocker - then again, he IS a ninja. The plot's a lot easier to follow this time round but the whole Minato thing and what happened with Kushina's death is leaving me confused although I hope I understand by future chapters :D

Sasuke babysitting of Parallel!Naruto is interesting although a bit stagnant so far, and inflicting that on Sasuke is amusing but it'd be intriguing to see him interact with others in the canonverse.

I'm looking forward to Naruto meeting Parallel!Kyuubi - should be entertaining. And more interaction with Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Obito and the lot.

...And training! :P Oh! Is Team Seven gonna pop up again? (Well, not really again 'cause it hasn't happened that universe yet.) How will Sakura and Ino be introduced?

Can't think of much else to say excepted that I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
1,398 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »