Reviews for Their Separate Paths
Alpha Wolfie chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Fen-Wolf

I'm loving the flow of this story and the gritty feel that it has. It's a different take on the universe, and I find it refreshing.

Please tell me that you're planning on submitting more chapters for this story. I'm already happily awaiting the next bit of this saga, and while I am usually not much of a fan of Fan Crafted Characters, I have a feeling you'll be able to handle adding in a few extra faces without detracting from the theme of the Road Rovers story.

I look forward to it.
One Lucky Unicorn chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
This was quite well-written. The only thing that I noticed was a few punctuation errors and run-on sentences like this one: “They both started to struggle, kicking and squirming against the large canine but it was useless, his vice-like grip easily keeping a hold onto them, their feet and hands just hitting off him seemingly harmlessly.” I think you could use a period between “useless” and “his“.

Some of the wording looked a little odd as well (“slowing her descent as she turned to be vertical”, for example; I know what you were trying to say, but it just looks off).

Speaking of that scene, you have a very nice grasp on writing action, as well as the Rovers’ characters. I especially like how you had Blitz and Shag look good when they apprehended the culprits (btw, I totally didn’t see that twist coming) compared to how they’re normally handled in stories. I hope to see everyone developed further while still being kept true to their roots. Hopefully the less-explored Rovers (Blitz, Shag, Muzzle, Hubert, and to an extent, Exile) will get more of an opportunity to shine as well.

I’m very curious to see how you handle these new Rovers. Many RR OCs are annoying Mary Sues or Gary Stus who end up pushing the canon cast into the background and creating silly drama, and I admit that the Master’s line about them being more powerful then the original Rovers worries me a bit. Just avoid making the new guys take over everything completely, warp canon, and give them real weaknesses, and you should be good. Frankly, I’m more interested in seeing how the senior Rovers interact with them, and hoping to see some platonic friendships created and furthered (including among the original team) explored, since stuff like that is a rarity in this fandom (compared with all of the cloying romance junk). Tho with the story blurb, I’m expecting something ominous to occur with these rookies, or at least some or one of them…

On a final note, I’m hoping that this won’t be one of those fics where the Rovers go out of their way to save/or avoid killing bad guys (though I have a feeling that it won‘t be, what with your warning in the beginning), as I don’t find those sorts of fics to be very believable, but that’s more of a personal thing rather then a critique.
JohnnyWolf chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Hi. Like it so far, looking forwrd to an update.

Can my character be one of the recruits? He's a black wolf with super strength and speed and fighting called JohnnyWolf.
Lycans Are Gods Gift To Furrys chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Nice story.

Kinda like that new show on TV "Total Drama Island"

So the 22 gonna be all boys? Or we got some sexy girls for Blitz to flirt with? LOL I'm so full of it
Mr. Forder chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Well I've got to say I'm liking what I've seen so far, you seem have got a good idea of just the right amount of description you need for the reader, not too pointlessly long and not lacking in the least, great first chapter, I look forward to seeing the updates!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Very nice start! Excellent description of the missions.

For the new recruits... if I can make suggestions, maybe you can have a Boxer (fighting skills and stamina), a Saint Bernard (strength and super resistance), a Pointer (agility and good smell-sense), a Cocker Spaniel (again, good smell sense plus swimming capacity) and/or a German Shepherd (those are good at almost anything).

cicilicious