Reviews for Sluagh
Little Bassoonist chapter 15 . 12/6/2015
I don't normally review chapters mid-way through a fic, but here I am.

You got me hooked with DAYD (ate up about five days of my life), and naturally, I wanted to try this fic, too. In DAYD, I knew it was canon-compliant. Anyone who died there either died in the book or was not specified to be alive.

But now? You gave us that epilogue with Neville and Hannah and their five babies. Are we supposed to still be in the world of JK's epilogue, too? I'm not sure how you're going to reconcile this story with canon, if you intend to at all. I understand if your point is that "it's war; people die," but you've got be quite confused.

Anyway, love the writing, love the detail and research you put into this. Just *please* don't let Ginny be *actually* dead. I'm hoping to see some crazy ancient Gaelic magic save her (and everyone else).
Ning chapter 28 . 11/4/2015
I came here straight from 'Year of Darkness', and this story really gripped me through all the pain and the horror...and yet at the end all I felt was giddiness because SEAMUS FOUND LOVE and SUSAN MOVED ON!

Yes. I've grown to really love Seamus' character through following his journey, and it's to your credit as the writer that he's been so full of life and so vivid, along with all the other characters in this story. The plot has been so fascinating and filled with twists that I have never yet managed to predict what will happen next!

I can't wait to read A Peccatis, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing such an intricate, magical world with us.

-A Reader from Malaysia -
Kiratt chapter 28 . 6/18/2015
It has taken me a good couple years to get around to reading this sequel, and it's just as brilliant as I could ever have hoped. I haven't really got words past that, but I think I may have sold my heart to this 'verse just as surely as I've sold it to the canon. There were certainly parts that were far darker and rough than I could have imagined, but the writing was spectacular throughout and kept me going when I too upset with what had happened to Seamus, Hermione, Ron, and all of them. Thank you for the brilliant read.
liam2455 chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Look i'm going to be honest with you, I love DAYD it's one of if not my favourite fic of all time and I consider it borderline canon.

This is awful. I'm actually Irish and I know damn well you aren't because this story is full of shit regarding my country. The language is wrong down to the name, the paramilitary details are wrong in so many ways, you've got locations wrong, history wrong...

Do you know how many people are in the RIRA atm? Estimate is 12. 12. Not the fucking army you've got and everyone in the country fucking hates them. They're drug dealers and scum now, not even the terrorists of the 70's or the freedom fighters of the 20's.

Seriously this was painful to read. I though Seamus' speech about Belfast in DAYD was bad for being completely wrong but this was just terrible.
akirakurosawa chapter 26 . 3/2/2015
I... I can't.

I'm going to read the epilogue now and then you will get a review, but now, I just can't.
poetrywoman chapter 28 . 1/12/2015
Your stories are really well done, and I can't stop reading them even though I hate the gory bits. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Does anyone know if someone has made an audiobook out of this one like DAYD? Thanks!
Guest chapter 11 . 8/13/2014
I've found this story intriguing so far, but my one criticism here is that I highly doubt that Harry wouldn't have any better counterarguments than "I was a baby" when Neville's railing on him. Because that is exactly what he isn't like.
I realize that in this 'verse some DA are bitter because they feel Harry abandoned them but to have literally everyone, even Ginny, agree that he should not be a part of a fight to save his best friends (for which Neville and Seamus themselves are partially to blame btw) because he "doesn't understand battle" (I'm pretty sure he's picked up a few things from being an Auror...) just further feeds my suspicion that this DAYDverse as a whole is Harry-bashing, despite one of thanfiction's blog posts claiming that it isn't.
Not to say that Harry-bashing or any bashing is a cardinal sin (the author may dislike Harry and that's fine) but in a story as character-driven as this, it seems just lazy to fashion these complex and truly amazing personalities for Neville and the others while simultaneously belittling Harry's character because he didn't have his back flogged or face cut open.
I guess the short version is that, to me, your Harry (and Ginny at times) feels very one-dimensional in a very detailed world of 3D characters.
(Then again this is only the first chapter he appears and something may change further on...)
asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf chapter 28 . 7/23/2014
Thank you for this one too.
me chapter 20 . 7/9/2014
This story got really weird really quickly.
larry chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Outstanding beginning!
Donal O Cribin chapter 28 . 5/4/2014
Really, this is brilliant, but you kind of spoiled the everybody lives ending at the end of DAYD. Not a good surprise, is all I'm saying.
TrisanaChandler13 chapter 28 . 3/22/2014
I loved this fic! While being about as far from this reality as a fic can get, it had an element of truth and something in it that was relatable to and realistic. I am curious as to WHO chose Harry if Voldemort didn't choose him.
sarah chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Belfast person here. Mega excited at the thought of Seamus on the Donegal Road.
owlfactory chapter 28 . 2/26/2014
Hi there,

So, first of all, I loved this story. It's gripping and had me hooked from the get go. I don't think I've ever seen anyone portray Neville so well. I LOVED Year of Darkness and this didn't disappoint.

But here's what I loved about your story the most: the fact that it's all set in Belfast. I'm from Belfast and I can't tell you how exciting it is to read a Harry Potter Fanfiction set in my own city. You've obviously done a lot of research on the city and the Troubles; I was impressed that you included little details like the use of flags to mark out territory, even including the ownership of the Isreali flag by loyalists. I don't know if you're from Belfast or have visited, but you write like you've walked our streets and drank our beer!

If I had to pick out one thing that I didn't like about the story I would have to say that I found your Belfast characters a bit stereotypical. It seems to be unwritten rule in fiction that any character from Belfast must be a part of the conflict or be tainted by it. Nontheless, they were all fantastically well written characters and I loved the use of the word 'shitehawk'. Genius.

You're a fantastic writer and I can't wait to start the next novel :)