Reviews for Sluagh
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 9 . 10/2/2009
Yay Neville! Cut your hair... odd that that's such a big thing. Great chapter!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 8 . 9/30/2009
I like this, the lack of Harry-centric-ness of these stories. They ould always call in the Weasleys... Oh well, I'm sure it turns out well-ish with only many more deaths and Neville alive to tell the tale with Hannah, Ron and HErmione at least beside him.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 7 . 9/30/2009
Oh God, that was most definitely not the best idea they've ever had... God poor Seamus, that'll only break for real this time.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 6 . 9/30/2009
What the shit... Does that make Seamus innocent? God I hope so... Either that or he's just one of many...
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 5 . 9/29/2009
Oh my oh my oh my, and I rather liked him I did. As much as I knew he wasn't a good guy by any stretch of the term, but at least he's able enough to realize that he's better off with Neville alive then dead...
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 4 . 9/29/2009
Oh God Neville, fighting with the wrong sort but for all the right reasons, and protecting them from people that you don't even understand. Gosh, great chapter, just brilliant!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 3 . 9/29/2009
Oh my oh my Neville my good man, that's a risky move for sure. Great chapter.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
Damnit! I had so hoped he would be right! Urgh... Well yay for Ron and Hermione time! I really quite love them... I like this lack of Harry, it's invigorating :D
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Oh gosh, I really do hate to read this... Seamus, you poor poor broken soul. I love and hate the story already, which is really a very good sign for you.
liebedance chapter 26 . 8/25/2009
You are insane. And twisted. And mad.

And I pretty much love you. Just saying.

Oh... and good chapter. Powerful, as always.
liebedance chapter 9 . 8/23/2009
LOVE this chapter. Mention of Terry and Mike was love. But I'm starting to think that you have a personal vendetta against Ravenclaws, since they all seem to die.

I'm glad Neville's planning on leaving the Aurors! And the convo between him and Seamus during their sentry was moving.
ThreeTimesInTheCastle chapter 28 . 8/19/2009
I will admit, you almost lost me on this one.

See, I don't read fanfiction, as a rule. But Dumbledore's Army was highly recommended, and the premise really did grab me, and after reading it I was so impressed with how you managed to develop the minor characters from the books into fully fleshed-out people, how you managed to go so far beyond canon while not contradicting canon, that I decided to go ahead and read Sluagh.

And as of Druim Cett, you'd lost me. Because, well, canon showed that several of the characters who'd died were ABSOLUTELY alive and well 10 years or so down the road, but canon also stated that there was no way, none, fuhgeddaboutit, to raise people from the dead. Dead is dead. (I would also like to point out, incidentally, that my spellchecker apparently doesn't recognize "fanfiction" as a word, but has no problem with "fuhgeddaboutit." Make of that what you will. Anyway.) It looked like you had written yourself into a corner, where there was no way out except to break an implicit promise to the reader. Now, at this point I was already caught up in the emotional and moral drama of Seamus and Neville, so not reading any further was not an option... but I wasn't happy about it, and felt a little betrayed.

I should never have doubted you, sir. My sincerest apologies.

The resolution was so perfect, so CELTIC - man, as soon as Seamus said the bit about wagering "victory", I got so excited, I knew EXACTLY what he was doing - because it's all in the wording, isn't it? In all the old stories, the old myths, your pledge is your bond and you'd better be damned careful what words you choose. It was such a brilliant illustration of the themes you'd already been hammering home, and as I watched it play out I felt equal parts admiration for you and embarrassment for not having seen it sooner.

In short, this is an amazing story, and thank you for writing it.

(Also, in Sluagh you curbed the tendency to have characters spontaneously psychoanalyze themselves out loud, which did tend to crop up in the earlier book. This is a good thing. Also also, and apart from anything else - man, Hermione went out like a champ. If I were ever kidnapped and gang-raped in a hideous perversion of Beltain rites by an insane evil wizard, I want to respond EXACTLY like her. Just sayin'.)
NiDubhchair chapter 28 . 7/24/2009
Well, huzzah for you, you gave me all my favorite characters back :-) (well, can't say all - Ernie and Michael and Terry are still gone, but I admit.. that would've been taking the whole 'lets-just-roll-back-time-and-see-what-happens" thing a BIT far . . .)

Truth be told, I'm not sure I bought the whole "everybody's alive again" twist. I mean, I was glad when it happened, but I don't get WHY/HOW it happened. And you can't just say "It's Magic!" Even Rowling gave us a whole damn chapter to explain why Voldemort's killing curse in DH didn't take. That's my one complaint - glad that everything's okay again, but it just seemed a little too easy. (I mean, if killing the DD was enough erase the past, why couldn't killing Voldie bring the whole D.A. back?)

Other than that, a brilliant and creative fic that I thoroughly enjoyed getting nothing else done for the sake of :-) Now you really should go do a library search for Lars Walker and his novels ("Blood and Judgment" is another good one besides "Year of the Warrior.") Dominus tecum!
NiDubhchair chapter 19 . 7/23/2009
Wow, we get ancient Celtic legends AND Arthurian heroes! Fun!

Though, I must admit, I'm getting kinda bored with just Neville and Seamus around. I miss the group dynamics of the D.A. I'm sitting here waiting for you to bring them all back to life, right? RIGHT?

I think it's really cool and interesting how you're portraying the clash of the old pagan world with the modern and medieval worlds. Have you ever read "The Year of the Warrior" by Lars Walker? If not, I REALLY recommend it. It's all about a 10th century Irishman who gets kidnapped by Vikings and has to pretend to be a priest in order to escape slavery. Reminds me of your stuff, especially this fic. You get alot about the struggle between Christianity and the ancient Pagan religions. Fascinating.

Anyway, I'm gonna hold on to this story for a while. I KNOW THEY'RE ALL COMING BACK! Right? OF COURSE RIGHT? *gives Thanfiction a glare worthy of a Celtic goddess, and signs off*
NiDubhchair chapter 4 . 7/22/2009
Nice so far, though I admit I'm having trouble following the Irish dialects.

One minor correction on this chapter: I doubt Neville measures speed/distance in miles-per-hour ;-) KPH, mate ;-P
352 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »