Reviews for Sluagh
larry chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Outstanding beginning!
Donal O Cribin chapter 28 . 5/4/2014
Really, this is brilliant, but you kind of spoiled the everybody lives ending at the end of DAYD. Not a good surprise, is all I'm saying.
TrisanaChandler13 chapter 28 . 3/22/2014
I loved this fic! While being about as far from this reality as a fic can get, it had an element of truth and something in it that was relatable to and realistic. I am curious as to WHO chose Harry if Voldemort didn't choose him.
sarah chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Belfast person here. Mega excited at the thought of Seamus on the Donegal Road.
owlfactory chapter 28 . 2/26/2014
Hi there,

So, first of all, I loved this story. It's gripping and had me hooked from the get go. I don't think I've ever seen anyone portray Neville so well. I LOVED Year of Darkness and this didn't disappoint.

But here's what I loved about your story the most: the fact that it's all set in Belfast. I'm from Belfast and I can't tell you how exciting it is to read a Harry Potter Fanfiction set in my own city. You've obviously done a lot of research on the city and the Troubles; I was impressed that you included little details like the use of flags to mark out territory, even including the ownership of the Isreali flag by loyalists. I don't know if you're from Belfast or have visited, but you write like you've walked our streets and drank our beer!

If I had to pick out one thing that I didn't like about the story I would have to say that I found your Belfast characters a bit stereotypical. It seems to be unwritten rule in fiction that any character from Belfast must be a part of the conflict or be tainted by it. Nontheless, they were all fantastically well written characters and I loved the use of the word 'shitehawk'. Genius.

You're a fantastic writer and I can't wait to start the next novel :)
Hisforhagrid chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Two things.
1. There is no such language in Ireland as "gaelic", it's simply known as Irish. Such as the native tongue of our neighbours is known as English.
2. When the authorities tried to speak to Mrs Finnigan there would be no need for a "gaelic interpreter" as most Irish people speak Irish to a level of near fluency, especially those in law enforcement as there are areas in the country where Irish is the first spoken language. Also the fact abiding that Irish is mandatory in schools up until the completion of secondary level education, after a minimum of thirteen years in which Irish is learned on a daily basis therefore communication with Mrs. Finnigan would be no less difficult than asking about the weather.
Guest chapter 28 . 10/29/2013
Thank you for this great story.
PseudonymousPersona chapter 28 . 10/22/2013
This story was good. It wasn't fantastic like the Year of Darkness, but it was still well written.
I think I just don't have enough understanding of Britain and Ireland to enjoy the intricacies of this story.
I really enjoyed the development of Seamus's character in this story, and am coming around to the idea of Susan/Seamus now.
Thankyou for another fabulous piece of literary genius.
Adventfather chapter 28 . 8/13/2013
This was nothing I imagined it to be, yet everything I needed in a great read. It was interesting to see two characters with such interesting back stories stand out on their own in your tale. I must say that I'll not look at them the same with any other story, as your Neville and Seamus were the best written I've seen bar none.

Congratulations on writing a brilliant story and I'll be sure to delve into your other works with as much fervor as I have with this one. Cheers!
Sarah chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Hi, just wanted to comment on the accents you've written for everyone from Belfast etc in this story. You seem to have given everyone a southern Irish accent which is extremely different from the Northern one (being a different country and all). In comparison, it would be like writing an English Character with a Scottish accent.
Being a protestant living quite near Belfast, I find it quite funny to read your protestant paramilitary characters seemingly having a southern accent, which I imagine they would find quite offensive if reading your story.

However, I really enjoy reading your work, and really enjoyed your first story in this series.
amandamxym chapter 28 . 7/16/2013
Thank you for this, and for DAYD. It's a terrifically impressive body of work - each character so carefully drawn, the story itself adeptly plotted.
The Ravenclaw chapter 4 . 7/9/2013
Great story.
inactive profile please delete chapter 28 . 5/31/2013
brilliant story! very unusual but i loved it, it made me think. loved ur characterisation and your plot was fantastic. but i didnt understand the last bit, who chose him?!
Jerden chapter 28 . 4/8/2013
A very good fanfiction - confusing at times, but very well written and it all made sense by the end. A good exploration of Irish myth and history as well.
Jerden chapter 27 . 4/8/2013
A good ending. Happy but still exploring the consequences. Very well written.
354 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »