Reviews for Sluagh
SWaddict1986 chapter 5 . 8/18/2008
"I’d have actually been relieved if he’d been able to give me any, any proof that there was really another dark wizard out there stirring up problems. But he couldn’t, and sir, that’s not just a lack of time."

Well damn, that really sucks.

What also sucks is that I have a feeling Diabhal Dubhis isn't going to be a myth and they're all going to be screwed without the help of Seamus in the end.

"The sensation of impending magic, he had become overwhelmingly aware of it as he had taught his fellow students how to fight non-verbally, how to know what was coming next in time to block."

I never really understood how one would be able to block a nonverbal spell, but that makes a whole lot of sense, being able to, well, sense if magic is being directed towards you (or near you)

And o, I like how he was 'wired.'

"I want him to think he’s done it, see if he’ll drop his guard a little.”"

great idea :D

And I like how Hermione figures how to get everything done in a convincing matter. LOL

"“They need to do that in their bleeding bedroom if they’re gonna give me a key to the flat,” Ron muttered, and Neville chuckled.

“Okay, won’t mention She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Shagged.”"

*giggles insanely*

Meh. I want to agree but...FLOO OR SOMETHING BEFORE YOU GO OVER! hahahaha Ah, poor Ron

"“’Course I am,” Ron nodded breezily. “Finnigan’s deranged. Voldemort’s just decomposed. Tell me what bothers you more.”"

hehe guy's got a point.
SWaddict1986 chapter 4 . 8/17/2008
"The destruction of the letter made sense: the Auror was almost as paranoid as old Moody had been, and now that he thought of it, Mad-Eye had been Irish as well"

hahahaha. Crazy Irish wizards and their insanities :P

"“Am I, now?” He looked up, calling across the room to another cloaked wizard. “Pat, darlin’, do ya recall hearin’ me say a single blessed word about bein’ that lovely lad what’s callin’ himself the Sluagh?”

The hood was pushed back, and he should have been more surprised to see the dark curls and reddened cheeks of Brian Callahan as the Auror shook his head with an expression of matching innocence. “Not a word, Pat.”"

Ah, well, this is turning out to be a fun change in events.

Wasn't too surprised Seamus was there though. I find it funny everyone's Pat or Mary.

"He wanted to protest again, wanted to insist that there was no way they would ever, ever allow another Voldemort to rise, but the slogans died in his throat. His own body was crossed with too many reminders that it had in fact happened once – twice if you considered that he had come back again – and there had been in hindsight hundreds of chances to keep it from happening at all. Neville’s eyes narrowed, his lips pressed together tightly before he responded. “Explain…who is this Diabhal Dubh, and what is he – or has he – been doing?”"

Heh. I'm glad Neville's using his brain ;)

"He’s been raisin’ the old magic, the lost magic from before the Saxons and the Romans came, and he’s been offerin’ it to the Death Eaters and their lot as a way to have revenge for what Voldemort lost, and to the fringe o’ the Troubles what’re still mutterin’ in corners and lickin’ their grudges as an Ireland united beyond politics with taste o’ power that the likes o’ us take for granted, but what Muggle’s sell their Grannies for.”"

:O that's crazy.

I don't blame Seamus in the slightest for wanting to stop this guy.

This is going to get nuts.

Awesome :D
SWaddict1986 chapter 3 . 8/16/2008
"“Because it ain’t none o’ your business, and ya won’t be talkin’ to no witnesses, neither, Johnny Bull.” Callahan retorted curtly. “You don’t know how things are here.”"

Wonderful pain in the ass. I'm glad the Commander in Neville came through and showed him that he's not going to be bossed around like cow dung.

What was found at the scene is horrific. Somewhat nauseating too; I need to remember not to eat anything while reading this.

And well, at least it's only the bad guys being targeted. I know, no excuse, but still...

“I can’t.” The statement was a ragged whisper to an empty room, and Neville sagged to his knees, his head heavy in his hands. “But oh, Merlin, Seamus, where are the lines drawn this time?”"

Poor Neville. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for him, knowing he might have to be the one betraying his old friend.
SWaddict1986 chapter 2 . 8/16/2008
"I mean, a proper Auror would have had you on the record and drilled you this afternoon, and here I am thinking that those peas in the stew must have been locally grown, and wondering how it was done so early in the season.”"

LOL I can totally see Neville saying/thinking that. That's awesome of him.

And it makes her warm up to him even more :)

"even if he didn’t have a reputation for seven years as the biggest mama’s boy in Gryffindor. If you honestly hadn’t heard anything, anything from him in years…you wouldn’t be trying to get rid of us. You’d be breaking down the door of every aut"

HAHAHA that he did.

"“Kate, don’t make me search your house for that Galleon.”"

Yes, they chose the right guy for the job.

"He’d come home all bloody-nosed and beamin’ about it like the sun itself, but he’d cry himself sick if he saw a wee bird lyin’ dead on the sidewalk. Seamus were ready to die for ya without a moment’s fear, but whatever he saw that night were things he couldn’t….”"

Very understandable. and that war was more than enough to drive a person crazy.

"“But if you’ve lied to me, lad, if you betray me son, your last hours’ll be spent wishin’ you’d never been born to this cold world.”"

Heh, I'd believe it. Seamus was sometimes scary enough; I can't imagine how bad his mother would be.

Pit her against Mrs. Weasley :P
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
"Lee goes through girlfriends like Ron through breakfast.""

hahaha I believe that

""It's only three more years. Then they'll have more people who want to do this, and they'll be able to let me and Ron and a bunch of the other ones go who just agreed to play stopgap after the veterans had been pretty much wiped out.""

Ah, I like that! It's definitely believable and it makes a lot of sense.

Aw, Seamus :(

With the way he behaved in OOTP, even with the change he made and how he stuck by the DA in your story especially, it doesn't come as too much of a shock to me.

Still sad though
clothesoverbros23 chapter 15 . 8/13/2008
Please keep writing! It is so good. I fell in love with your writing after the Year of Darkness (which was the best fanfiction I have ever read) and this is just as good. PLEASE continue it!
Gryffindor777 chapter 15 . 8/4/2008
Good stuff... I especially enjoyed the cigarette-smoke digression, and I enjoyed the discussion about the old religion, even though I didn't really understand any of it... last chapter was good, too... i'm still a bit curious about how Seamus found out about the Diabhul Dubh and went from leaving his house looking for some kind of purpose in life and actually finding an enemy... hopefully you'll explain this in a later chapter... but... mostly, i just hope you update again soon!
mugglemom08 chapter 15 . 8/2/2008
Wow. This is a wonderful follow-up to "Dumbledore's Army." I can't wait for the next chapter.
maritinkerbell chapter 15 . 7/29/2008
Oh, suspense! Please UPDATE SOON with more! I'm really liking this story, and I want to know how the big showdown turns out!
yellow 14 chapter 15 . 7/29/2008
You continue to write a good yarn, but in terms of firepower I would argue that muggle firearms are equal if not superior to wands.
sylphides chapter 15 . 7/29/2008
If I were Harry, I would be furious at being left out!
afterallthistimealways chapter 15 . 7/28/2008
loved the ending dialogue in this last chapter! update soon!
L.A.H.H chapter 15 . 7/28/2008
Nice last line. An amazing chapter, as always. You write the differnet opinions, and vocies very well, and I don't know how you come up with such complex yet perfect plots. Can't wait for the next chapter.
L.A.H.H chapter 14 . 7/28/2008
It's been ages since an update! Thanks for this one, I'm already dying to read the next part.
Chocoholic1516 chapter 15 . 7/28/2008
Wow, this is getting so intense, a long wait for these two chapters, but it was well woth it. I kinda laughed to myself when they left Harry out ( I was imagining his reaction) but I hope they can use him at least a little in the end, I mean he is the head of the Auror office. Also, I am amazed at yoour ability to write in Irish accent so well! Great Job
354 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »