Reviews for The Next Five Years
YaleAceBella12 chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Please write more...
Marble Rose chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Awww. Pining Derek is my favorite, and you wrote him beautifully.
Halle Alexis chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Aww, this was amazing! I really liked the style you wrote in and the way you used an under-used plot choice with Casey and Derek drifting apart in college instead of getting closer.
Murphy AT chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
This is brilliant. It's incredibly realistic, and yes, I love the style. I also love the dialogue. Not too long and dramatic. Just...poignant.
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I absolutely find the ending in Derek's bedroom to be so sweet and romantic! The dialogue was just perfect and Derek's words just make me go 'awwwww'!

"No, you have a wedding planned in three days. Getting married isn't exactly a requirement." - that is so true and that was a great way to put it!

Wonderful!

Fantastic one shot and the writing was awesome!
canvasghost chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This is quite simply one of the most wonderful things I have ever encountered on Fanfiction. You touch that emotional level while still leaving everything agonizingly (and I only say that because I totally agonized along with Derek) real.

Five stars, my dear. Five stars.
ponderer chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
In the end, I was oddly hoping that she wouldn't have said yes.

Mind, I loved that she did. But should she have? No. Because really, real life doesn't happen like that.

But I suppose this isn't real anyways. I'm just rambling.

It was good, really good.
Solard chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I've come to the conclusion, after having read "The Next Five Years" about four times, that it is my favorite story in this fandom. I think it's absolutely sublime. The characterizations are spot on, and the story so seamlessly flows from one perfect scenario to another until it ends in a hushed, perfect tone. It's what reading was made for.

~Solard
LizDarcy1 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Oh golly, this is lovely. You're a great writer.
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
So, wow.

Holy shit.

I can't believe I've not read this after all this time has elapsed. Because this was ninety-six kinds of fantastic.

All the near-misses ached SO GOOD -it was painful at so very many points, and several times I found myself wondering if this was going to work out in the end after all, or if you were gonna pull a Daphne Ballon and blow our brains out with an ending that left my heart bleeding all over the new carpet. (?)

Meanwhile.

Seriously?

Resolved perfectly -and all the build-up was very, very delicious. And angsty, certainly. But GLORIOUSLY so.

I heart you, missus.
mayfair22 chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
why have i not been reading your stories is beyond me...perhaps the fact that iam new to this site maybe a reason...but anyway i have read so many fics, i can't belelive i missed this one...it was great...i loved every single word of it...the angst was perfect...absolutely not over the top...just the right amount of it...and i love the fact that u didnt have to show how derek builds up his feelings for casey..they always have been there...like when Vicky asks him "since when do you care about Casey?"... and he replies "since ever."...with such a mater of the fact tone...That's exactly how it was...off to read your other stories...
awesometastic9 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I was SOBBING so hard reading this. IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY! I love your writing! *continues sobbing*
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Can I starightaway go to the marriage proposal, or should I wait long enough to introduce myself. Because this...this is sheer fabulousness. This is the exact style that I completely love and haven't been able to write in myself. I think you captured Derek's thoughts so perfectly, the parentheticals were, again, very honest, and you caught the dynamic of their non-relationship so well, again. Even though he was interested in her from the beginning, the whole denial thing made is so...heartbreakingly perfect?

(And by the way, now I'll have to physically restrain myself from not stealing lines, ughh, WHY do I have to read all these wonderfully angsty fics with emotionally perfect lines?)

I LOVED the poker reference, and Derek's reaction to Matt. I loved how Casey is oblivious-but-not-really.

And the end. '"I would make you ecstatic," he whispers, tracing her chin with his finger.' I just...umm...seriously, I don't know how to put it, but it made me feel really good, till it almost hurt.

(So about that proposal... :)
dainty character chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I love it. *tears up* Ive just read all your stories in quick session, and I love them all. I'm meant to have had a shower and been in bed, but I failed cos' I was reading your stories. Your officially on my favorites now. LJ x
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 3/19/2009