Reviews for Fool
Ariel D chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Well done. I second several other of your reviews, especially Arcole and Chi X - good portrayal of Entreri and commentary/insight into Drizzt.
TheFinn chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Wow! More of that, please! :)
Arcole chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
That was just good. Pure good. A very insightful look inside Drizzt's head and very in character Entreri. Everything he said was unwelcome but completely accurate. The truth hurts. And telling the truth sometimes feels so good in such a bad way. Excellent job!
penny4him chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Very well written; the angst is so tangible! "You know nothing!" Drizzt hissed, still voicelessly, eyes glittering with murder bordering onto his battle-rage madness, back in Menzoberranzan, one dark eternity ago. I love the way you were able to express Drizzt's inner emotional turmoil here.
tangledsphere chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I just love these two together. The capital letters and italics comments made me smile. :) What a great idea writing more about this time. I miss Entreri now that I'm reading Siege of Darkness, pout, pout. Thanks for writing.
Linndechir chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
I already told you that I love this scene, but here's finally the detailed review I promised.

First of all, I have to say that I am extremely glad that you showed Drizzt's hatred for Entreri. In most fanfics, and often in RAS' novels, only Entreri's obsessive hatred for Drizzt is shown, and Drizzt is portrayed as the poor victim. Authors tend to forget that Drizzt hates Entreri, too, that he is judging Artemis all the time without knowing anything about him.

"They resented the mere fact the other existed."

Good summary of their view of each other. Again, I like that they both resent each other's existence, not only Artemis Drizzt's.

It has already been said, but "bastard extraordinaire" is such a wonderful description of Artemis. As I told you, it reminds me to emphasise that side of Artemis more often in my own stories.

As for the italics and capital letters - I think they would have been a bit out of place in a perfectly serious story, but in something a bit humourous like this one they are actually quite nice.

I love your intelligent Artemis. I hate it when he's reduced to a foaming monster who can't say/think anything but "Must kill Drizzt." This scene is a good reminder that Artemis was and is one of the few people who saw through Drizzt's self-righteousness and hypocrisy, not only in Starless Night, but in general. Your Entreri is just the intelligent, observant, witty badass we love, not the brain- and soulless idiot Drizzt&friends - and RAS - see in him.

"Entreri's piercing steel-grey eyes"

And now for some mindless fangirling - Entreri's eyes are just incredibly hot, thanks for reminding me of that.

Anyway, before I start to squeal ... Just thank you for this beautiful scene.
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Wow. I AM impressed.

Excellent!

Nuitari Aquarius
aponie chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
o i like this story, always thought there is alot to be told from that trip back that was very undertold! i do think the comments about the capital letters and such kinda break the flow though... anyways ill be waiting for the next chapter :)
Lord Onisyr chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I adore how you captured Entreri in this. Few people dare to fully write out his taunting and snark in great detail. You make him look like the "bastard extraordinaire" he is (and that was an awesome description.) This was a great conversation and the dialogue was intense. I can imagine the trip out of the Underdark was not comfortable at all to say the least, so this conversation probably happened in some form. The only minor critique I would have is I think Drizzt might respond to the taunts more with his own snark and pure rage and maybe less with tears, though he might be a bit more emotionally vulnerable after being tortured. Otherwise an awesome version of how things probably happened.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
That is fantastic. I never even thought of that! You clearly love Entreri dearly. He reminds me of Westley from The Princess Bride here, the brand of sarcasm is so cutting and rich, and he's eviscerating Drizzt with words, like Westley did to Humperdink. It's awe-inspiring. I never put it all together, and never actually gave Drizzt credit enough to know, somewhere behind denial, he was just taking the easy way out.

The dialogue... is just impeccable. Snappy. The narration... I love it. It's not serious, grim narration, it's more like smirking, casual narration, and that gives the scene an entirely different spin it would otherwise. I love it.
headcanonftwAO3 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
hi hi Nari-chan I've already talked to you about this, but I figure having a proper review is always better, right?

You are definitely talented at showing absolute, all-consuming anger and hatred. You also have a way of adding just the tiniest touch of humor (i.e. "bastard extraordinaire"). I know how difficult it was for you to end the story without any man-on-man slashiness, but this was a wonderful story regardless of that. You might even consider writing more stories like this-just and idea!

Luffs,

J-chan
Zolarix Aster chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I think that Entreri would probably be too emotionally confused himself after Menzoberranzan to be very chatty, though the taunts fit, too.

The Capital Letters were Funny.