Reviews for A King's Curse
Tissue Face chapter 5 . 10/12/2009
The confusion of the Goblin King is wonderful. This is a good place for mercy if you have already seen nothing but vicious cruelty before. Again I believe he needs no mercy in the first part because it weakens the impact of the act of mercy now. You should really have built in the expectation that this money grubbing Goblin is going to his doom or worse. I don't know what's worse. The fact that this act of mercy wasn't intentional mercy but the interruption of inner wrestling. Some of the expectations aren't set up well. You need something more because many people lash out more as the result of inner wrestling rather than closing in to think.

Before you asked me not to be anonymous so I am trying to fulfill your wishes. The effect of doing this anonymously was more fun.
Tissue Face chapter 4 . 10/12/2009
This is wonderful sexy yet clean. Rich but not overdone so your imagination can fill in the blanks. No you are right I am still in King's Curse and the song is perfect. Nicole is a wonder foil for Sarah's character. Sarah is much more authentic than the original movie. I am totally thankful to the Jareth character and can see only the good in this part. I still think that the audience should be wary of his guile but this is beautiful and romantic and Sarah looks like an absolute princess.
Tissue Face chapter 3 . 10/12/2009
I like this in this position because it seems to translate from the Beauty and the Beast line in the chapter before but is it just reflected or did they directly mention it. The cat figure seems to pale because the images of the father, daughter and the interaction between the Jareth and Sarah are so strong. The captivation dress is very riveting. There is a problem of places and continuity here. I had to read twice to get the part where she moves from walk to the dream like state of meeting Jareth. The paper filled room is so fascinating but you seemed to drop it and not do anything good with it. I was thinking of him trying to transform himself into the beast but only getting the outward appearance and missing the inward beauty. Something! Why is his room so filled with papers at this point?
Tissue Face chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I found this story harder to follow. I found myself drifting off.

I love the Norman Character and the connection between his blurting and Jareth. I think the hardest part for me to get my head around is the mercy to his followers. I am not sure that fits Jareth's character.
Tissue Face chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I didn't read the original such that it stayed with me. I like this rewrite it flows well. You really got into the main characters head in a way that make sense but you still have the edge that I think I didn't see clearly before that makes you uncertain about trusting him. I think the rewrite was excellent.
Emma Corrin chapter 14 . 10/2/2009
This story was very well written!

I've never read the original, but have seen the movie, and love what you did with it :3

Can't wait to read the other stories you've written! 33

Keep up the good work ;D
Trickstaanne chapter 14 . 8/9/2009
I feel sad D: but a dark Jareth seems strangely sexy. XDD

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've been sorta looking for a prequel fic for Labyrinth for a while lol. Sorta new to the fandom and I was wondering why nobody really did a prequel of Labyrinth lol. Since Jareth was there in the beginning and stuff.
Stacy Vorosco chapter 14 . 5/31/2009
OMG! I don't know whether to be excited or saddened at the thought of dark Jareth

Guess I'll just have to go read what you have for the sequel and see, huh?

I'm off!
Stacy Vorosco chapter 8 . 5/31/2009
OMG that was so cool! Matt is Hoggle!

lol sorry. I got a kick out of that

gonna keep reading now. great job so far
Kaidou chapter 14 . 4/13/2009
Awsomeness! Loved it!
lollie-rox-my-sox chapter 12 . 2/7/2009
You didn't put in my favorite line Dx

Ah well. It was a very good read, loved the story and how it wasn't just Labyrinth re-written!

Nothing? Nothing Tra-la-la!
bunniko chapter 14 . 12/26/2008
Wow, I really loved your explanations for Jareth's behaviors! Really interesting. I also like this idea of the Dark Jareth replacing the insecure, self-loathing Jareth. Thanks for such an engaging read. Sorry for the really short review, but my brain is fried from too much partying last night. But I promised to let you know how I liked it by the end. :)

~B
bunniko chapter 7 . 12/25/2008
I am, it is fair to say, terrible about writing reviews. Despite how much I enjoy getting them. Well, actually, I often enjoy seeing that they are there and then am terribly disappointed when I open them and all they say is: MORE! I suppose that is flattering . . . but it cancels out my drive to write. So, I can understand your position, wanting to know what we think of your re-writes and only getting silence until you complain.

As for the story, so far, chapter 7 is my favorite. I really do love how you are fleshing Jareth out. I despise Nicole. But I do love the way you have set him up for such pain. I can just imagine myself in his shoes, ready to show myself to this person who has overtaken my every thought and then WHAM! I love even more that he plots to punish Matt for attracting Sarah's attention.

I did not have the opportunity to read your original work, but I am quite inspired by the joy you are finding in improving your story. I have intentions to do that to one of mine, but when I sit down to work on it, I get bored or anxious. I discovered you through your friend BK I got it's profile after reading all of her ST work posted so far. Which reminds me that I really need to leave her a review as well.

Anyway, you probably won't hear from me every chapter, but I will be sure to leave you at least a review at the end. Take care!

~B
J Luc Pitard chapter 14 . 11/25/2008
Wow! I really enjoyed that look at the way Jareth allowed his boredom to morph into obsession. Now he has a dark twin? I've always wanted an evil twin myself...

Looking forward to more from you!

JLP
Regnig-oftheblackforest chapter 14 . 9/8/2008
Dark Jareth! Cue horror movie violin screech!

Awesome story, can't wait to read the sequal!
158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »