Reviews for Beside the Water
woo chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Okay people zutara is gaaay. And yes zuko loves mai. Its kinda obvious, idiots. Just like its obvious that sang and katara love eachother. People that were supposed to end up together, did. Mai is my favourite character and maiko is my favourite couple. Maiko ftw bitches!
Shadowhawke chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Beautiful. I love the realistic-ness of this... much more likely to happen given the characters and the story than what we got. :)
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
It's not a Maiko fic, I agree with your previous reviewer.

What I do not agree with, however, is the somewhat hostile wording in her review.

While, especially in view of the events portrayed in the 'Boiling Rock', I recognize that Mai is indeed in love with Zuko, I never felt that the feeling was entirely mutual from his part, nor I ever believed that they were sharing the same ideals and priorities or that they had what's called a healthy relationship.

He felt affection for her and enjoyed her company and her admiration, that was obvious, but being in love with her? No, I don't see that.

The "Inexplicably Are Not In Love Anymore" theory makes no sense to me, because they never were - in love, that is.

So why the flame? It was totally uncalled for.

I actually liked your story, that's why that rude review upset me so much.

It was sweet, well written, and it did justice to a character that we all came to understand a bit more and respect - other than bringing closure to the "Suddenly Being Together With No Reason In Book Three" whatever-thing (sorry if I sound bitter about that, but I am; it sucked)

glamaphonic chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
In answer to your question: Mai And Zuko Inexplicably Don't Love Each Other Anymore, Pre-Zutara fic does not count as Mai/Zuko.

It's more what we tend to call anti-Mai/Zuko fic.