Reviews for The Norm for a Scoundrel
Nonezumi chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Excellent. The depth of emotion is felt in the simplest of words. You are a great writer!
Charis77 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
I love this! Atton's thoughts to a tee. Well done!
Emalin chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Oh, wow! This fic went straight to Atton's heart, *and* mine. (sniffle) I always love a good Attonfic! (blows nose)

I must say, I adore your characterization of the exile. It's so unique, and it makes her into something... scarred. And broken. In other words, something far more real than the usual feisty character we see in fanfic. I kinda cringed at the description of her having a "man-jaw", but hey, that's life. I'll get over it, lol.

You did an excellent job speaking in Atton's voice, and not only that, but in bringing out his inner struggles. The last three paragraphs are sheer perfection, particularly the last line. It made tears start to my eyes.

Great work on this. Going to favorites! :)
Sandra Evans chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
So often, Atton comes off as a rather shallow and crass individual. However, several comments that he made throughout the game prove that he really does have a depth to his character. I believe that you have portrayed this aspect of personality rather well. Kudos!
TrueWinolo chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
First of all, I just wanted to say how inteesting your take on the exile is, especially since a lot of people tend to write her as beautiful and open. But the quiet grace she has in this story is fascinating. This is a really great story, because it shows the many different sides of Atton, which most people forget about. You show us he was selfish, yet selfless. Ruthless, yet caring. Angry and hurt, yet he still managed to fall in love. This story's tone was nostalgic, rather then pained or furious, and I thorougly enjoyed reading it.
qt3.14159 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Nice piece. I really like your characterization of Atton here and his relationship with the Exile. I also like the characterization of the Exile as flat and monotonous, no life in her eyes. It's very a nice take on her.