Reviews for chRONicles: The Great One Half
Skyogenic chapter 6 . 2/4/2009
An absolutely wonderful ending to an absolutely wonderful fic! Loved it. (It kinda reminded me of the movie Like Mike for some reason...) :D

Keep up the great work, SC!

~Karen
Skyogenic chapter 5 . 11/12/2008
DUN,DUN,DUN! Talk about an unfair cliffhanger! Luckily, I get to head straight into the next chapter without having to wait. Great chapter, SC!

Skyogenic chapter 3 . 11/12/2008
Very interesting (and amusing) game! I enjoyed this chapter very much. Your writing style is clear and descriptive, making it that much better and easier to read than many other fics I know.

Hmm... I'd like to read your deleted scene! :D

Thanks for sharing this chapter with us!

Skyogenic chapter 2 . 11/12/2008
Another great chapter. So, Ron's found the perfect equipment from the attic that was signed by a famous hockey player... Cool! I wonder what'll happen...?

On to the next chapter! Keep up the great writing, and I'll keep up my great reviewing, deal? XD

Skyogenic chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
A great first chapter. I'm wonder how this will all play out with Ron in ice hockey... I can also see how this fic keeps making references to the past chRONicles stories, well done!

~Karen
Donteatacowman chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Cute ending. Thanks for another great story in the chRONicles!

Francis…Scott…Keyes… The one who wrote the national anthem? :)
Kwebs chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Great end to this story SCB! I loved how you end this. Kim really can be oblivious. LOL Thank You for taking the time to write this story SCB, I hope your break is short.
kaiokkenyahoo.com chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
"She's NOT my girlfriend!"

I was actually waiting to see if he'd say it again HAHAHA!

Real nice man... as I said you keep a personal touch to it.

Dude, don't get yourself riled with what negatives people have to say...

People will tell you all sorts of stuff that don't benefit you. Others will tell you as is to help you improve. Those are the ones you listen to...

So take your time and do your thing. Let jealousy and ill will spread their wings but YOU be blind and deaf to it. You know like the line of prayes "as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil?" well See no evil, hear no evin, READ no evil.

nuff said.

Kaiokken
whitem chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Great ending! I really enjoyed this...

Too bad though that Ron wasn't able to gleen even a small bit of talent from the equipment. It was almost as if the stuff had to do that one last thing, and then leave... Which I sincerely hope YOU do not do.

Hopefully talk to ya later... (I'll PM you)
screaming phoenix chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Magical equipment huh or at least ‘charmed’ a bit? Hey maybe Ron’s wrong about that.

Maybe it’s his failure to believe in himself and his innate laziness that keeps him from doing well. The one overriding theme of your stories in this arc (if you will allow me to call the cRONicles a story arc) is the theme of Ron doing things that are just a little off from normal. His ‘never be normal’ attitude is on full display with no apologies from anybody. It’s a nice slice of Ron’s life that was unexplored until you ventured into unknown territory armed with only your imagination. I thank you for that.

I do like the foreshadowing of the great Kim and Ron romance that will happen too far in the future for these two kids to contemplate right now. I bet Kim would be utterly embarrassed if someone were to point out her reaction to that kiss from Ron. It would also explain Anne Possible’s sanguine attitude toward Kim and Ron dating when they get older (The pained look she gets when Eric picks her up for the prom and she glances at all the old photographs of Kim and Ron on the wall)

Finally, the options of the un-informed are worthless and should be discounted as the mental droppings of the ignorant. Do what you do when you want to do it. As Admiral Farragut once said, “Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!”

Hope your respite will be a short one and you come back recharged and ready to go again!
Captain IT chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Let me guess. The play on the chalkboard for Francis..Scott..Keyes was the old " oh say can you see" play.

great story.

Keep it KP real

Captain IT
CajunBear73 chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Well the mystique of Ron's gear came to an end, but not before helping him in a triumph he'll never forget.

Kimmie looked well down a road she hadn't realized she was treading just yet. But the moms know..

Enjoyed the tale, as I have all of them, and hope your hiatus won't be too long. Some flack came your way over something? Hope it doesn't keep you out too long. We'll be here for ya.

CajunBear73
Mengsk chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Man, there were some twists I didn't see comming. That slow buildup with all the cracks, then everything exploding and going crazy just when people are the most into it.

I was expecting a more conventional storytelling scenario; going into overtime, Ron having to play without his wonder gear. This scenario was so random as to never be anticipated. An unconventional ending for the man that defies convention with his 'dumb skill'.

Still, as usual it's still the Kim/Ron interactions that were the most appealing. Inventive, witty and cute.

And the final exchange with the coach. Very warm exchange there. Just pulled everything together. Gave the story a greater purpose. Something beyond 'let's have Ron slide on his backside this week'.

Loved the, "I got nothin," admission.

P.S: Should have stuck with the line that you were 'self advertising' with the waffle line. The thought that you would take the piss out of yourself with a such a well concocted, subtle message was kinda amusing. The line loses all hilarity if it was all purely an accident.

Still, watching you franticlly deny has an entertainment value of its own.
Nftnat chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
From looking at the reviews, I am shocked to see that I have not reviewed this fic yet. I will correct that horrendous oversight now, now that you've ended it.

First, I got the Car Alarm line, and I don't know why anyone who calls themself a fan of the show didn't. I knew that it wasn't shameless self-promotion, and I should've said so at the time.

Don't let any negative reactions get you down. What you write may not be everyone's cup of tea - although it is a lot of people's - that's why they're called opinions. I hope you're not discouraged, and I really hope this doesn't mean we won't be seeing more from you in the future. No bout adoubt it, you got the skills, you got the mad writing skills. But you got so much more than that.

I might have been reading KP fics longer than you've been writing them, though admittedly that isn't saying much. I have only recently tried my hand at writing for KP myself, and in that time I have been occasionally overwhelmed at a certain fic or author. There is a term that I have adapted for such works and writers. That term is Ozymandias, because I gaze on such works - like the mortal I am - and despair. I despair of ever being able to write on that level, and from your peer review positive feedback I know your review skills as well. You, with your (almost) perfectly plotted out from-the-beginning stories and your fully realized, fully named, fully brand-named version(s) of the KP-verse, are worthy of the Ozymandias title. In your circa a year of writing, you have secured a place with the greats, and you know the ones I mean. I wish I could fully plot out my writing in advance. I usually put up a chapter every few days, then it peters out to every few weeks, then months, then I'm lucky if I can get out an update once a year. Look at my profile under the non-KP fics and you'll see what I mean. Despite whatever occasionaly mule fritters come your way, you are too talented to keep your light hidden, and I sincerely hope to see more from you in the near future.

Now, a little light housekeeping, in the spirit of constructive feedback:

From the last chapter, I can see Kim wearing Ron's road jersey, but having Mrs. Dr. P wear Mr. Stoppable's old jersey, and not Mrs. Stoppable? I know that you are THE Anne fan (trademarked, probably), but people might talk. Oh, and thanks for introducing me to Where the Columbines Grow; I looked it up on YouTube and played the instrumental to back Jean's singing of it (did I mention broadband rocks, stadium rocks?). Now if I can only find the state song of Arkansas (and I just checked for it on YT)...

What, no resolution of the Magnusson sitch? I know that winning was the best revenge, but no sight of Magnusson, not even in the lined handshake? I didn't really expect for you to have the Ice Kickers gang up on him and collective eventually take him out of the game a la the Mighty Ducks' Bash Brothers from D-3 (though I'd hoped), but still, nothing?

And Kim kissed Ron, and she's much more out of it than he is. What's wrong with this picture?

One more thing, is it too late for me to see that deleted scene? Pretty please with diablo sauce on top?

You know you're already faved and alerted. Please let me here from you soon.
Sentinel103 chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
SCB very good story, the Ronster becomes the hero. His dad is proud so is his mom Mr Mrs Dr P. Kim will come to senses some time. Maybe she will feel something for the Great One Half in the future. Maybe they'll get married or something.

Thanks again,