Reviews for It's not death if you accept it
Sarela Jade chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Wow. This story rocked! You did such an excellent job portraying Eric as he was in the comic. So dark and morbid, yet heartbreakingly beautiful all the same.

You have a way with words, and it felt like I was reading poetry. Very O'Barr-like, I might add. It's not too often that you find an author that writes so closely to the style that was depicted in the comics.

Again, great job!
Caleigho chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Bueatifully written. I love the line about the blank faces of the snow angels, especially.
Arani92 chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
I really like this. It was creative, descriptive, and had a nice poetic feel to it. I very much enjoyed reading it.
Aoife129 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
incredibly powerful-great work! it fits well the the novel, and i'm glad to see that someone else also appreciates the ending as it is instead of trying to make it all sunshine and happiness. wonderful imagery too! keep it up; i'd love to read more from you.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Wow, this is an excellent story. You have a poetic writing style. The words in this piece flow smoothly together as if reciting a poem. You have much talent with description being that you describe with metaphors and by using each of the senses, making it sound much prettier. My favorite line is "The wind playing over his much-scarred skin recalls a ghost of the warmth that he felt with her." That line touches on many emotions (sadness, lonliness, even happiness) all at once. Nice work with making the cold, dark setting match the tone of the story. I especially like how the last paragraph sums up the story in those two sentences. It is a very powerful ending.
AC2 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
The lyrical beauty of this fic is the perfect complement to the inevitable ending of Eric's life. The idea of the clouds being like a pregnant belly is potent - there is a whisper of a promise of a rebirth, perhaps into the afterlife. There is some hope, which lifts the story out of depression and shows us that death can be a friend.

Added to my favourites.

Eric is tired and the cold eats into his core, [singeing] seeping into the threnody[,] that courses through his body, that eternal undying ache that screams in his veins.

I really do like this. Great work!
Epilachna chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Even not having read the graphic novel this piece has a real power to it. It's a great one-shot. I would suggest removing the first 'to him' since you repeat it in the next sentance

The words engraved on the markers don’t mean a thing [to him].It’s what they represent that means the world to him.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I am not familiar with the original this is based on, but I think this is a very powerful piece of writing. You manage to create an evocative atmosphere of dispair and inevitability. I liked the contrast of white snow - black crows. Is the snow-laden sky supposed to represent some idea of rebirth?