Reviews for The Thing About Veela is
agentinfinity chapter 4 . 6/8
Most excellent!
Bronze chapter 1 . 12/30/2016
Yeah know, one of these days some author is going to have Harry stand up and ask all those morons in the Order of the Burned Squab point blank " For how many years have all of you kept me in prison? " Of course they'll deny it loudly as they refuse to acknowledge that under Bumblemore that was exactly what they were doing. Then should Harry point out that every single one of them pointedly ignored the beatings, starvation and mental abuse he suffered at the hands of all three Dursley's, they'd turn right around and deny that as well. Though it may not seem so, this does have barring on this story. For sixteen years Bumblemore has had absolute control of Harry Potter's life. So as I see it, Harry escaping their control and taking it back for himself is just too damn bad for the Burned Squabs. Though, you can be sure when Harry, Hermione and Gabrielle return for Bill and Fleur's wedding they will tell Harry where he's to live, when and where he can go and how many Order members MUST go with him. I wonder what the plan is for after Harry kills the Dork Load? They still plan to dictate Harry's life for him?
Runecutter chapter 2 . 8/27/2016
Chevalier is a knight (or horseman, rider). A Prince would be "prince" or "dauphin(e)". I haven't found encercle in the dictionary instead it says just cercle and de le is conflated to du, so it should read "Le cercle du prince" or "Le cercle des princes" as you have not used the apostrophe to show if you mean "the prince's circle" or " the princes' circle", French uses similar capitalization rules as English so there appears only one caps in the whole name.

Weeeelll... I kind of like the descriptions of Harry and Hermione growing, healing and coming to terms with the situation. What i not like is the whole Veeland setting. Too smooth, flawless, cutesy... feminine. It seems and reads unbalanced and clumsy.
There is for example NO explanation why a normal human being would even be ABLE to learn "Veela-Magic". after all they are a pretty special branch of humanity with their fairy and draconic heritage... and why is it only described as more perfect and beautiful than canon magic? That's boring and unrealistic.

Right now the only real problem is that Harry is the meat in a soon to come veela orgy-feast and a lot of stunningly attractive girls want him to put a bun in their oven... other than that and a few painful moments with the correction potions nothing happens that hinders or slows them down, no obstacles to surpass, nobody taking offense at their presence on Amazon Paradise... that does not a story make.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 8/27/2016
A bit much love of the sillier fandom tropes like "filthy rich" and "veela princesses" but an entertaining, amusing and very readable fic. I also thing the girls are a bit too accepting right away, actually Ginny's "I would never want to share" seems the most honest and natural response to the bomb they've just thrown between these kids... And i don't quite get Fleur having her partake in the preparations for Harry's harem later on... wasn't she flashythinged to forget she wants to be one of Harry's girls (or rather the only girl of his)?

The reaction to Tonks trying to bully him into obedience otoh was glorious and that she turns around and accepts his logic and retells his points to the order of the headless chickens was great too. All in all a very promissing start into this fic.

Only must you use the word banish that way? I do not know why fanfics so often get it wrong, in the Potter books there is a clear difference... Banish is definitely the official name for a "shoving" spell (IIRC there is no canon incantation but some fics used "depulso", might come from the video games or be fanlore, IDK) as in "the opposite of summoning" ("accio"), if you want to let waste disappear the word is "vanishing" it.
Tavaril chapter 4 . 8/17/2016
Fun story, very good to read. I like it. I don't know that a sequel is needed, though if you wrote one I would read it for sure, perhaps an epilogue set a year or two later to see how things work out for the Potter-Black menage? that would be nice.
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
When Thick-As-A-Brick steps in it he really steps in it! Since Harry was 1 1/2 years old the old goat molester has been playing with his life. Now that Harry is considered an adult in the magical world the old fraud is loosing control. This is so against what he has planned that he'll have to do whatever he has to to get it back. Knowing this was likely to happen was why Mr. Thick-As-A-Brick set up that phony will reading. Another very likely reason was that he was working very hard behind the scenes to get both inheritances for himself. After all, IT IS FOR THE GREATER GOOD you know. Anything Mr. Thick does is for his concept of the Greater Good. Even including creating the worst dark lord ever seen. And by Greater Good think Pure Blood Supremacy. That is and always will be his ultimate goal. And that also means no advancement of the magical world beyond what has already occurred. Why else would those in the British Isles magical world still be in the dark ages while most of the rest of the world is in the twentieth to twenty first century? Mr. Thick-As-A-Brick likes it that way. It's comforting in that it is the era into which he was born and grew to adulthood in.
charcoal11 chapter 4 . 11/5/2015
it needs an epilogue, what happens in the future, does ginny join them or not
desireejones99 chapter 4 . 9/12/2015
Another fun and very entertaining story, happy Harmiony stories are my favorite
Nate chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
Fuck no - put that little fucker Ron in prison not a fucking psych ward.

Ugh - can't continue reading this shit.
DragonMistressOfRedemption888 chapter 4 . 8/15/2015
"The thing about veela is . . . a secret."
Priceless.

One thing is, I am rather sure that Dumbledore's distaste for violence does not extend to a distaste for justice. Heck, Dumbledore is the one who imprisoned Gellert Grindewald in Nurmengard after defeating him in single combat. I think that Dumbledore would've been rather thrilled with the expedient way that Tom was dealt with, and the Death Eaters were neutralized.
Eldersprig chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
"five foot three" Radcliffe short, Harry tall.
Brian1972 chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
Fleur explicitly stated that the hair in her Wand is veela and from her grandmother. Thus canon did in fact confirm that she is part veela.
WyrdeDragon chapter 4 . 2/4/2015
Well, I must agree that this fits my image of veela. Since the mythology only ever refers to female veela, I've never understood the concept of half- or quarter-veela. Would be interesting to see how many of those other rings get used and who they go to, Especially to see just how many there really are, sunce the box refilled itself.

Overall, though, it was a nice story. Yes, the death of Riddle was almost on afterthought, but that makes it rather amusing, in its own way.

Poor Harry though, I suppose he'll really need to stock up on stamina potions, given how long the list on the scroll Lille showed to Mr. Abbot. Poor guy, his luck just never changes, does it?
Oogies4u chapter 4 . 2/1/2015
awesome story..
Bronze chapter 4 . 1/26/2015
If you do an Epilogue I WILL READ IT! This was a truly great story and is on par with the reat of your writing. I, as yet, haven't finished Return of the Valkyrie but i am going to! Please I'm asking you as a fan of your writing to please restart. your humor in these stories is something I miss in other author's stories. It has been alost seven years sinc you posted a stoey to this site and I know I just stumbled up[on you stories but I like them! Should you wish to contact me :