Reviews for Sorrow Shared
filly8 chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Sorry I know I have reviewed like four of your stories in the past hour or something but I don't review much and one time I do is when I cry.

I had stopped the tears finally from the other fic and then I read this one. The writing, emotion, and generAl ICness of the characters is wonderful like your other fics. But te souta Kagome interaction is beautiful! I have an older brother and I just wanna go hug him next time I see him (or now if I could), it makes me want to better out relationship an think back to the times before we grew up and apart. Thank you for that, now if only I can get him on board ( and stop crying good god!).

Write a book. No really, write a book and I'll read it I don't care if it's about a boy who is an accountant and likes to solve math problems in his spare time. I'll read it.
Ding chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Bitter-sweet, I believe that's the term to use for this story. It's sad to think about how Kagome's family will never see Inuyasha again, but I suppose it was bound to happen. Thanks and chow.
FollowThisRhythm chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
(Cont.)

If there's anything I've learned from reading the few fics from you that I have, it's that you are incredibly talented and you have a grasp - not only when it comes to writing itself, but you understand people and you understand emotions and you know how to express them, and (like I've already said) this is so admirable.

Anyway, I've already rambled on enough (and I accidentally sent that unfinished review just now, which I'm taking as a sign to call it quits) so I'll end this here. But yet again, thank you. I'm really happy to have been lucky enough to come across your work. :)
x
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
To be honest, I'm kind of at a loss for words at the moment (because I don't want to sound repetitive and say the same things that I already have) but wow. Just wow. I positively adored this, from beginning to end, the same as I have the couple other pieces I've read from you.

There was so much emotion in this (and its companion piece, for that matter) that the words made me physically ache as I read, and as can probably already be assumed, I was in tears for the majority of this fic ― although, unlike in Grief, Divided, I laughed too, and that's probably what made me all the more emotional with Sorrow Shared than the former. I don't exactly know how to describe it, but there's just something easier (not better, just easier) to settle into with sadness that is only sadness rather than sadness that runs parallel to laughter/nostalgia/etc., as it does in this fic. There's just so much *more* grief added when what's being portrayed isn't simply grief alone, if that makes sense, and the happy memories mixed with all of the heartbreak ― not only Kagome's but Souta's and her mother's and grandfather's and Inuyasha's, everyone's, even those who weren't present in this fic but were just in some way affected in the series ― made this so much more painful than I'd expected. And it's not that Grief, Divided was lacking when it came to emotional variety, because it wasn't, but I just felt a wider scope from this fic, and I don't know. Like I said, I'm not sure how to express this in a way for anyone other than myself to understand, but my most basic point is that you somehow managed to write something even more heart-wrenching than Grief, Divided and I really admire that you were able to inspire such substantial emotions in me as I was reading.

On a related note: I love, love, love the interaction between Kagome and Souta. I love how deeply you fleshed out not only their relationship, but their characters. I love how you were able to write something as consuming as you have and at the same time keep everyone perfectly in-character, both in the present and in their memories with Inuyasha (which were hilarious and believable and made my throat constrict because of the story's atmosphere, by the way). On top of all of that, I love how Souta was able to comfort Kagome and I love how they bonded, not only as siblings but as two people who had lost someone very important to them ― again (and I say "again" because I'm thinking of their father). I mean, I've always loved the dynamic in Kagome's family and all of the unconditional affection/trust/support portrayed between them, as well as how seamlessly they all just seem to work/mesh together, and this is another thing I just can't figure out how to coherently say, but that you could capture in them what I've seen all along (or that I could see in your portrayal what I've seen all along) is basically just incredible to me.

When they laughed I laughed, and when they cried I cried, and I think that if a writer is able to bring upon that kind of reaction in a reader, they're doing something very, very right, so amazing job.
redstring2703 chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Have you noticed that every story I read by now was added to my favorites list? I actually cried this time...I can't believe that after over a year of reading on I FINALLY found someone who writes exactly to my liking :D I mean,sure there are some really good writers out here, but you seem to read my mind

;-) The emotions in your stories are incredible,and none of the charakters are OOC. Okay,enough for now,I'm off to read more of your masterpieces :D. Ja ne!
Rory4 chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
This was so, so eloquent and beautiful. You wrote Kagome's grief so vividly. I was crying from pretty much the very beginning, lol. I FELT her pain; I felt everyone's pain. It was so bittersweet, with the sweet memories and the bitter pain of a loss she's afraid is permanent. "Kagome couldn't seem to answer, because she couldn't believe yes, and she couldn't bear to think no." - That was a perfect line; I think it epitomized the whole situation in those few words. I really think this is how it would have been, right after the well closed. Everything you described, I'd bet anything that's how Kagome really felt. It's so realistic. It was amazing how you wrote everyone's grief along with hers over Inuyasha. It made everything feel so...connected. Intertwined...linked. It was so great the way she and Inuyasha both weren't alone in these one-shots. Stroke of brilliance.

I don't even have words for how much I loved this. You're an amazing writer. This one shot right to my heart.

-Rory4
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Aww! That was so sweet! I love Souta... He's actually one of my favorite characters. And the inclusion of Cats just made my day. I'm not sure if you figured it out, but my penname is taken from another Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, The Phantom of the Opera. And as much as I love his shows, Cats is bizarre, even for me. So it's funny to imagine what InuYasha would think of it:) Adding to my favorites!

WanderingChild96
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Aiy...the angst..so well done, and so depressing. Dx

Characterization was fabulous, as it apparently always is.

Their memories of Inu-Yasha were too funny. xD

For some reason I really liked the way Souta sounded like Inu-Yasha when Kagome started crying.

Nice work.
One More Thing chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Very sweet and very touching! I loved the Souta and Kagome interaction! It was also nice to see Kagome and her brother bonding over such an sad moment. Usually we see Kagome's mom comforting Kagome, but this time it was Souta. I thought that concept was very special and adorable. And the emotions both of them conveyed were very realistic. Nice job!
Mayu28 chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
We all sometimes forget how much our siblings care... This was so beautiful, thanks for the great story! I never really thought of Kagome's family hurting after the well sealed.
knittingknots chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
This piece has been nominated at the Feudal Association!

Founded in 2005 by author/artist, Dark Avenger, and currently owned by authors/artist, Inuyashaloverr and KnittingKnots, the Feudal Association consists of writers, artists, and enthusiasts of the InuYasha fandom. But aside from that, we are also proud to say that we are an awards guild that recognizes fan-fiction and artwork. Several times a year we nominate, vote, and hand out honors to some of the best creations in the fandom.

Our official website can be found here:

/fa/

The current nominations pages are here:

(Fiction)

(Fanart)

Check them out to see what you were nominated for!

Our Yahoo Group, where the nominations and voting occurs, can be found here:

groups./group/FeudalAssociation/

Inuyashaloverr & KnittingKnots

Owners/Administrators of the Feudal Association

*Please Note: You may receive this notice more than once if you've been nominated for several awards. They will appear as reviews on your nominated works.
Alastor Vega chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Sweet. Dont see that many family fics here and reading one is always worth reading it. The sumo part was funny to.
usamamo chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I love it, you made me laugh and cry. Nicely done.
loretta537 chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
so sad
pokiepal chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
this is really good. made me cry big tears! i usually don't read one shots but that was really touching good job