Reviews for A Vent Comes to Haunt
liketolaugh chapter 55 . 3/24
Hi! I've just finished reading this fic for- maybe the fourth or fifth time, so I thought I'd leave a review.

I first read this fic more than five years ago, only a few chapters before you finished it, and it's still one of the best Danny Phantom fics I've ever read. The character arcs that you set up and carried out are memorable (though it's been two or three years since I last touched this fic, I still remembered that Vlad pushed Danny too far in October) and extremely well done, with a believable pace and dynamic. (This fic also put me on a Severitus bend that I didn't leave behind for at least a year.) All of the compare-and-contrasts of the different relationships were well thought out, and so were the criticisms of the Wizarding World - all the better because in many cases characters took action to fix what they saw wrong.

There were also a lot of scenes that were just plain fun - before I set off to reread this fic properly, I went around to pick out some old favorites and reread just those. (The scene where Snape oversaw Danny's training session, for example, and when Danny and Vlad went to the Far Frozen.) I'd forgotten a lot too - most of the second half, for one, including the Pansy Parkinson incident. That gave me a spook!

It's not perfect - your inexperience shows - but it's /wonderful,/ and worth every hour it took to read it (again, and again, and again.) No matter how you've improved since then, you deserve to still be proud of this one!

Thank you for writing, and I'll see you around! I want to see what additions you've made since I last read Continuing to Vent, and maybe reread the Lord of the Rings crossover as well.
miss mysteri chapter 35 . 2/24
everyone is Danny's friends. hehe poor danny. too many people love him and fight over him. so cute
miss mysteri chapter 30 . 2/24
oh gosh! haha! there are too many people fighting over Danny!
miss mysteri chapter 23 . 2/24
oh gosh. i am imagining vlad as danny's father and severus as danny's mother!those two adults like a quarelling husband and wife!
Skittliepop chapter 21 . 1/1
I like how Snape can confide in both Danny and Vlad, acting as a diplomat between them I like the way you portrayed the argument as well. Vlad would do exactly that, and anyone who says that he is OOC is lying and needs to reread the book.
Skittliepop chapter 19 . 1/1
I ship it
kitkatklan chapter 27 . 1/1
I love the story so far but I'm confused on the numbers at the end of most of the chapters why are they there?
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 8 . 11/22/2017
I'm rereading this fic over again, feeling a bit out of place with your writing style. It feels... eerily familiar yet not. I'm unsure if this is a good thing or bad, but whatever the case, I do proclaim this as one of the few HP/DP fics that did it well.
Risayume chapter 41 . 11/17/2017
I can really see (or should I say read) your passion for literature. You’re a wonderful writer with a vivid imagination! I’m sure you’ve been told this a million times but you really merged the worlds of Danny Phantom and Harry Potter beautifully. Logic is applied to every chapter and I’m impressed with how you managed to keep track of all the conflicts, introducing, wrapping up, and overlapping constantly through this work. And of course, while there were many good things about this fanfic, it also has it’s share of not-as-good things. Like most reviews mentioned it was out of character. Not as much in your descriptions (all characters had a similar thought process though) but in the dialogue. All the characters talked similarly except for Fleur (usually) with the similar sentences and large vocabulary. Such a way of speaking is rather unnatural unless the character was extremely intellectual. It didn’t bother me enough to give up on this, but the two characters that bothered me the most were Snape and Clockwork. Snape...is an extremely secretive man. One who isn’t much for talking and never opens up or becomes close to anyone except for Dumbledore, and even there he isn’t that expressive. Almost every sentence he spoke I couldn’t imagine him saying in that cold nasally voice of his. Vlad is the kind of character that is capable of loving (ahaha, ex. maddie) but I doubt Snape is (at least, capable of expressing love through words and such) And then Clockwork. Not much to say with him but if there’s one thing I know it’s that he NEVER chooses to interact with ghosts or humans unless the Observants make him. (Or when Danny goes TO him) but, that’s it, really. I am enjoying reading this and in some places the out of character-ness is oddly satisfying. Great job, keep up the good work!
Ya dont say chapter 2 . 10/30/2017

Guest chapter 31 . 8/28/2017
Huggles. HUGGLES EVERYWHEEREEE
Guest chapter 28 . 8/28/2017
0-0

Waaayy to be inconspicuous Danny.
Guest chapter 19 . 8/28/2017