Reviews for A Vent Comes to Haunt
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 8 . 11/22
I'm rereading this fic over again, feeling a bit out of place with your writing style. It feels... eerily familiar yet not. I'm unsure if this is a good thing or bad, but whatever the case, I do proclaim this as one of the few HP/DP fics that did it well.
Risayume chapter 41 . 11/17
I can really see (or should I say read) your passion for literature. You’re a wonderful writer with a vivid imagination! I’m sure you’ve been told this a million times but you really merged the worlds of Danny Phantom and Harry Potter beautifully. Logic is applied to every chapter and I’m impressed with how you managed to keep track of all the conflicts, introducing, wrapping up, and overlapping constantly through this work. And of course, while there were many good things about this fanfic, it also has it’s share of not-as-good things. Like most reviews mentioned it was out of character. Not as much in your descriptions (all characters had a similar thought process though) but in the dialogue. All the characters talked similarly except for Fleur (usually) with the similar sentences and large vocabulary. Such a way of speaking is rather unnatural unless the character was extremely intellectual. It didn’t bother me enough to give up on this, but the two characters that bothered me the most were Snape and Clockwork. Snape...is an extremely secretive man. One who isn’t much for talking and never opens up or becomes close to anyone except for Dumbledore, and even there he isn’t that expressive. Almost every sentence he spoke I couldn’t imagine him saying in that cold nasally voice of his. Vlad is the kind of character that is capable of loving (ahaha, ex. maddie) but I doubt Snape is (at least, capable of expressing love through words and such) And then Clockwork. Not much to say with him but if there’s one thing I know it’s that he NEVER chooses to interact with ghosts or humans unless the Observants make him. (Or when Danny goes TO him) but, that’s it, really. I am enjoying reading this and in some places the out of character-ness is oddly satisfying. Great job, keep up the good work!
Ya dont say chapter 2 . 10/30
mmmmyES
Ya dont say chapter 1 . 10/30
o YO THIS IS GREAT
GIMME ANGST AHHH

I GOT NO SLEEP LAST NIGHT AND AM RUNNING PURELY ON CAFFEINE WHOOP WHOOP
Huggles. HUGGLES EVERYWHEEREEE
0-0

Waaayy to be inconspicuous Danny.
HAMILTON
snufflesss.
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 42 . 7/9
Never liked Pansy anyway.
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 38 . 7/8
LIES! DANNY KILLED GHOST CLONES OF HIMSELF AND A FEW OF NOCTURNE'S SLEEPWALKERS!
lum chapter 54 . 6/18
the story was honestly so damn slow paced I gave up reading. you literally took out ALL the things that made Danny Phantom, Danny Phantom. the only thing left was his powers. Vlad did a whole 180 change and its unrealistic. it's super cringy to see Vlad and Danny being so lovey-ish and father/son. no hate here, you're a dedicated writer but I think you need to work on developing your ideas out a bit more. I like how your plot doesn't contradict with what you wrote before and you have good grammar, spelling and punctuation. the only thing I fault is your plot.
MerciLani chapter 55 . 5/24
I just finished reading for my 2nd time, and found it to be just as fabulous as the first time I read this, if not more! I'm not usually a fan of crossovers, as I find it confusing and irritating on the clash of two different worlds. But this, my word, this, had a wonderful plotline and was interesting to the very end. The chapters weren't short at all, the characters were deliciously OOC (there is a difference between annoyingly OOC and deliciously OOC). The vocabulary was interesting (I had to use my dictionary quite a bit lol) and it was clear that you understood the differences between the HP world and the DP world and how to blend them seamlessly. How both Vlad and Danny change the dynamic of the Harry Potter world was rather refreshing. The witty banter was also enjoyable. Overall, this fanfic was rather wonderful to read. Bravo! ~MerciLani
DPTTrocks chapter 55 . 5/21
I can think of only one word to describe this story: wow. The story is well-paced and the cbaracter development is very good.
Fanofgr8writeing chapter 55 . 5/19
Your crossover was fresh, interesting, and had a great plot. All of the characters had solid motivations and focuses and none that were focused on we're two dimensional. Your humor was quick witted a and funny, and successfully carries over into any media. You used all three types of irony correctly and I can tell you had great fun doing so. I would take a career as a writer being a viable option for you.
Gwntan12 chapter 30 . 5/15
'Did she weigh the same as a duck?' I then suffered death by laughter before coming back. That was a reference, wasn't it?
1,358 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »