Reviews for But In The End It Didn't Really Matter
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
The worst part of this story is that John did not go to the boys, he sent them on wild goose chases and hid for most of a year.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Wow. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side. chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
That was awesome, great sequel! Could so imagine John ignoring all the phone calls and then listening to the voicemail messages, getting more and more worried as he heard each one! And the final one from Dean, realising that his harsh words to send Sammy to Stanford had not kept him safe!
IndigoNightandRayneStorm chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Aw, so sad! But beautiful as always :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
This is great. This could be JUST the way it happened. Poor John ... a nice take on this moment in their lives.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
RedDragen chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I would love to see if John goes their and looks at Dean and Sam to see if they are really okay
HollyGer chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
aw i loved it!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Awesome oneshot Gill.

I think you was right on target with John's point of view withe the events leading up to Jess's death, from ignoring Caleb's calls telling him to pick up the damn phone to the point where Dean call's him and tells him that he got Sammy out but Jess was killed the same way as their mom!

I loved the vivid desription with John knees giving out and his body crashing to the floor-the tears flowing. I can so picture that scene in my mind! It gave me goosebumps just reading it
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Very sad, very fitting. Seeing things from John's perspective, makes them look even more sad. He was trying to prevent this and in the end failed. How much more devastated can he be? Really liked this. Hugs, Vonnie
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I loved this. It was a very well written one shot.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I read your title and I thought it was going to be a Songfic for In The End by Linkin Park, because that is a lyrics from the song, but alas it wasn't. This was really sad! Poor John, saying the things he did, and in the end his son was still hurt. Really great!
aj chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
'verbose' means wordy or using too many words

"The insistently ringing cell phone resonated harshly around the otherwise verbose space." doesn't really make any sense. Are you refering to the articles tacked to the wall? To John talking to himself? What? This is confusing. It sounds like you meant to say something else and chose the wrong word.
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
John certainly strikes me as the type of person who could lose himself in thought to the detriment to those around him. How sad that the one thing he was hunting was possibly within in his graps and by missing the opportunity to pursue it, he hurt his youngest son yet again.

I usually want more than a one shot but this seems to be the perfect place to end it.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I can see it happening just as you wrote it. So, yeah, you did ok. :)