Reviews for Harry Potter and the World that Waits
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 2 . 4/8/2020
I know it’s probably a bit difficult to find middle ground between an over competent and realistically competent wizard, but I believe this chapter very much displayed a horribly incompetent Harry. Why use a glamour instead of going invisible? Why not simply blow his way out of the facility? When he is getting shot at, why does he simply run? He could’ve teleported at that point (he was out of the facility), even if only a dozen yards at a time. He could’ve shielded himself or cast a charm on himself and the others to nullify physical damage. He could’ve made them all invisible or cast notice me nots. He could’ve transfigured the ground into a shield, blocking line of sight and protecting them. He could’ve confounded one or two to throw them into disarray. There are a million of things he could’ve done. Instead he simply runs and with no protection at that. One stray bullet could’ve taken his life, yet there were limitless options to EASILY avoid danger at all.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/22/2020
:O you know ... There must be limits to a retarded mc but this sh1t just tops everything i have ever read ... Its like reading about someone with mental problems and brain disfunction . Hell you need to be idiot yourself to relate to a mc as stupid as this guess im not .
StoneTheLoner chapter 5 . 2/11/2020
This automatically knocked the story down a point if I had to rate it(Giving up his blood took another, because ffs what an unlikeable thing for not just him, but the readers following along too. You do know that's one of the most hated cliches out there, don't you? What, will the blood on the chain link fence be an important plot point too? I can't help but focus on how none of this would be happening if Harry just opened his mouth and explained himself. Or his mind). Whatever. Hopefully you can make up for it with something else. Touchy feely niceness aside, Harry has to do something that makes him an interesting character again, right? The secret thing was it until now, so it's time to replace it with something else.

... And nope. This chapter killed the story. Mostly for the reasons above, but I also noticed as I continued reading that it feels like you lost sight of the 16yo you introduced for the little first year you wanted him to be. His personality is oddly childish and that makes it all the weirder when he's yoyoing to being kind of impressive. Overall, I'd give this a 3.5 out of 10. And it started as a promising 6 or 7 :/

This chapter definitely felt like a wrong turn. The first 4 chapters were amazing.
StoneTheLoner chapter 4 . 2/11/2020
I hope he still isn't generous with the truth. Lie, lie, and lie a little more. That makes EVERYTHING more compelling to read. The second you give that up you've lost something that kept readers entertained.
StoneTheLoner chapter 2 . 2/11/2020
It's annoying to see Harry failing to consider the possibility that wizards just don't exist. Genuinely annoying. It hasn't made this a more interesting read, if anything it's left me dissatisfied with the main character.
Wayne Rees chapter 1 . 1/23/2020
If I was a writer (and not just a reader) I'd ask if I could steal this first chapter and use it to send Harry to different universes. That was a very well done multi universe crossover intro.
masterdude94 chapter 12 . 1/13/2020
9 years later, but please come back to this! This story is awesome!
Star123Reader chapter 12 . 1/8/2020
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please update this story because it is such a brilliant story and I couldn't stop reading it.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/28/2019
Hope you’re not dead. But if you are; My condolences, the world is at least several good chapters lighter for your passing.
Wolvie26 chapter 12 . 12/5/2019
Love it! Can't wait to see what happens next! Hope you update soon!
nessiesmith2012 chapter 5 . 11/27/2019
Harry lets everyone walk over him and hardly uses his brain. Hey least your just copying canon harry and not canon event... I hope cause canon n ur harry suck. Weak willed and retarted. Trusting so easy after a life of abuse and torture? Yah not plausible. Letting everyone dictate what he can n can not do is getting extremely boring. So this is where i drop out. Harry is gettin by on luck and his past does not match his personality. F in character development.
Seraphy64 chapter 4 . 10/20/2019
Why do authors like the passing out cliche? Harry barely used any magic before thr healing, and the healing shouldn't have taken THAT much out of him. Especially when he seems to be strong enough to utterly destroy voldy on a whim.
DittoVonDegurechaff chapter 9 . 8/30/2019
I . LOVE . YOU
You dealt with the Sirius situation so... WELL
IamKroGan1 chapter 3 . 8/7/2019
What is going on with Britain? You mention the English Military, which is not a thing, English cities passing anti-mutant laws but none of the other UK countries. Honestly trying to pass the law you mention would cause massive disruption and could result in civil war and the end of the UK.
Lord Mortensen chapter 12 . 8/6/2019
cool! please update soon!
2,909 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »