Reviews for Empty Inbetween
Carottal chapter 1 . 6/26
I'm glad I read this through, now I know I'm amazing! That's about all I have to say actually. I liked the fic, read it all (thus proving my amazingness if that is a world). I had one thought during the first half of the fic : Mello couldn't have the one thing he truly wanted so he got all the others, but Matt gave up all the other things he wanted to have the one thing he truly did. Well, but then you had to go and deprive him of Mello's love... So I guess he still gets to live with Mello... That's something, right?

Matt and Mello have a way of worming themselves into our pairings without notice. You just spot them in the corner of a fic focussed on L and Light, and the next thing you know, you're paying more attention to them than to the main characters. They have a wonderful kind of dynamic. You can create a twisted relationship, as you did, because it's hard to imagine Mello caring for someone, because he is not so affectionate towards Matt; and you can have a fluffy one because Matt is the only one Mello needs to say he's sorry to, and someone he must have known in his childhood. They have their mystery, and this strange kind of charisma. One I must say I can't help but love, can't help but crave. One I must say I can't escape.

Well, that being said, I'm not sure you'll be reading this, I don't think you got to this extent into this pairing, and I'm not sure you're still on this website. But in case you see this, I have to thank you. First for making it known I'm amazing. Second, because I think you're one of the reasons I got into this fandom (you or RobinRocks, or the both of you). Without you, I may never have gone from Teen Titans to Death Note. Although I've still not read Poison Apple. Third, for writing this. Speeches fly, texts remain. Thank you for writing this and the good time I had reading it :)
mxmsupporter chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
It's so sad that Mello... Wanted to feel loved but thought of it as a weakness. And this way he hurt both of them. I really liked the way you'd written this piece, sure, the lemon was great but I could see something deeper here. Some kind of interpretation and a longer thought. Amazing job.
Galaxy The Element Girl chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Okay, I usually don't-EVER- review stories that are complete, even less those that are over a year old, but there's some exceptions. Just like this story. This smutty story was very well written and had a lot of very good descriptions, and a lot of smut in it. I was genuinely surprised when the gun-up-the-ass scenario happened, and was excited to see what would happen next. But, as the genre says, it contained a lot of angst too. I'm still sad about the fact that Mello himself admitted he loved Matt, but in the end stopped. He didn't want to acknowledge it and so continued on with his life. That was the fact that almost made me cry, and trust me, it takes a lot to make me cry. I believe you have true potential and that you'd make a fine MxM writer!
Interesting chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Gah I left a review for this before, and I'm pissed that FF net decided to act like a retard and not process it correctly. Anyways I'm going to try again to leave one, because I really want to XD. This story just really 'moved' me haha. My comment may come out a bit broken in words, but that's not a bad thing of course, it's just this story had got me really speechless...It was just soo amazing! And it was totally different too, the gun thing and all double 'wow' 0_0. I ADORED how you made Mello and Matt on here as well, the writing, the intense lemon...Just awesomeness! I don't really know what else to say haha, but just know this story was marvelous! You did such a wonderful job! I loved it! 3

*favs*
foreverunloved chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
OMG I LOVED IT! *fan girl scream* It was so well writen... and and... I liked the whole thing XD

' can't think of more compliments... cuz it's 2:30 in the moreing... ' and i'm tired... XD well like I said... great fan fic~ *glomp*
kakkujapojat chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Oh wow :D That was epic! I love the way you wrote it, and the characters!~~ Mello was so IC, and wonderfully written. I'm sad that he didn't end up giving into his feelings for Matt, but then he wouldn't be "Mello" ; I feel sorry for them in this fic, but I loved it so much.

Wonderful writing as always!~
IHoldWithThoseWhoFavorFire.HM chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This story is just amazing for so many reasons. The sex is great and I want to know just how you make it seem both sexy as hell and disturbing at the same time (the gun, oh god the gun!). Absolutely brilliant, as always!
Amadoni chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Holy shit, that was bad ass.
ChocoCoatedLemons chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Oh My God.

This was so unbelievably good, I can't BELIEVE i haven't read this before! It was such a good mixture of sex, lust, angst and emotion that you left me sitting there for a minute trying to collect the pieces of my brain.

I loved the whole thing, I think this is a very accurate portrail of how Mello would think in a situation like this. It was so heart-wrenching, the way they both kinda knew this could turn into something incredible, and Mello couldn't admit that he could ever love Matt. I was sitting there like 'Holy shit, this is so GOOD... No, wait, SAD! No..."

You managed to confuse and enlighten me all at once.

I'm adding this to my favourites
Cat In My Fridge chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
...Oo...

...O_O...

*half an hour later*

Oh. My. Fucking...

...

...GOD!

This was... so, so...so hot!

...

Okay, I've composed myself now! *deep breathing*

Wow, that was spectacularly hot, and so well-written! I love how you weave poetry into a smutty lemon and you have such a gift for writing, I'm about to stomp my feet like a petulant child and complain that it's not fair. All these beautiful metaphors and the whole story just tore me into many directions all at once. It made me horny, made me sad, made me ache for Matt, made me mad at Mello... the whole works. One thing I also noticed is that, girl, you really know your anatomy! It was obvious that this wasn't written by a 14-year-old fanbrat like most stories on this side, and it was mostly just little things, like mentioning which bone on Matt's face Mello hit, the "thin bone segregating his temple from his eye socket" and other anatomical details like this. It was also incredibly hot when Mello rode Matt and was so completely dominant despite being the one who takes it up the ass - that's exactly how I see Mello as well, a sadistic and demanding... bottom. He just seems like the kind of guy who'd love it up the ass. :D

As for the gun-up-the-ass thing, it was very shocking indeed, and made me gasp out loud. I found it interesting, though - I've never read that before.

Well, there was other things I liked (mostly great word play and metaphors - RR picked out a few noteworthy ones already) and yeah, it was all the things good fiction should be - hot, thought-provoking, well-written, shocking and original.
Hikari Daeron chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
This is LOVE~ I mean the PA yaoi scenes are monsters in and of themselves. So having this little side bit equates amazingness! (And even though you say you've never really cared about M&M, the fact that this is about them means a total and utter win.) So! It's lovely. It's love. I love. Yes... yes.

-Kari

PS: Just thought I'd mention that I'm in the midwest meself, and Obama is a winner indeed. *refrains from ranting about Sarah Palin*
Nihil Forem chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
This is pretty much awesome... Gun up the ass, I hadn't thought of that... Even with all the other kinky S and M stuff fueling in my brain, gotta hand it to you. Sadistically creative.

Oh and please don't torture us all with too long of a Poison Apple wait... Please?

By the way, I am also planning to major in either Psychology or Sociology... Do you have a preference for which one you enjoy more or believe is more competent? I will be going to college next year, and advice form someone experienced in these matters would be highly appreciated.
Serria chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
I know you're probably sick of me and my reviewing of this story, considering I did beta and all, but I thought I'd take a peek at the final product. The ending is wonderful! I love how it all concludes, it leaves the reader with a rather hollow pit in their stomach, and the desire to smack some sense into Mello. Again, great writing. :-)
nuttx chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Why must you write all these beautiful tragedies?

There's a lot of angst and denial mixed into the story, and I lovelovelove your second paragraph. I'm a short-story-whore, so the length put me off a little, but then I went back and read it for the second time and was sort of blown away. )

Mello's somewhat psychotic here, but that's okay. You write it much more realistically than most other writers can or do.

But it's a very sharp take on MelloxMatt. They're such a trainwreck couple, and that comes across very well here. )
Scripta Lexicona chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
I never cared much about Mello/Matt either, but damn, that was something else. Matt's a better person than I-I'd've started hitting back ages ago. :)