Reviews for Harry Potter and the Host Club
This fic should burn
Why didn't they tell Japan's auror about the Death Eaters on their territory?
ShadowThief126 chapter 39 . 12/19/2020
Great story
Ihaveham chapter 4 . 10/20/2020
i’m not very far in but i do believe that this story should be edited. i think the way that the zuka club and gender identity is handled in this story is very hurtful. i don’t think the source material was this bad when describing drag queens or trans women. though, if you are trying to emulate JK you are doing a fantastic job. i just think you should do better than her. ik this fix is old but still, it keeps taking me out of the moment when i read incredibly hurtful and ignorant things. other than that i do enjoy this writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2020
I think that this is really offensive. I'm sure you'll laugh at somebody being "sensitive" or something, but this needs to be said.
First off, yeah, the source material is all about the goofs of a girl being mistaken for a guy. So of course media derived from it would be a little transphobic, except the way you approach it is just,, disgusting.
Calling someone an "it" because you can't discern gender is wrong. Seeing through a "cross-dresser" isn't great, it's harmful to people who identify differently. Twitching at the sight of a dude wearing a dress? Wtf it's not unusual, especially when Harry came from the wizarding world where everyone made weird fashion choices.
Also, using Harry as this "holier than though" figure is not fun to read. I think hating interactions with the Host Club, constantly having enormous wealth and magic to solve every problem, and dismissing all of the wizarding world as terrible is frankly poor character development.
Lovelesslife chapter 9 . 5/7/2020
Ha, I had a brain fart where my eyes registered 'Independent!Brooding!Isolationist!Harry' as 'Independent!Brooding!Pianist!Harry'.
Thought it was funny and decided to share.
kirsty21 chapter 39 . 3/3/2020
Cool
Dalar Rose chapter 28 . 2/13/2020
Got bored for a sec and figured out the standard form of the problem mentioned in this chapter.
x27x 4
MostMagnificentMe chapter 39 . 1/21/2020
This was amazing, I hope you feel proud of it because you deserve to be. 3
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Definitely not awful:) Like it a lot!
AnimeLime chapter 5 . 10/21/2019
I almost forgot Celsius existed!
Kitkatcait chapter 14 . 10/2/2019
I actually quite like this. The pace you went at wasn’t too slow, I read a story where it wasn’t until the 50th or so chapter until the main character finally got more into the romance side, which was frustrating for me and in the end I even ended up skipping around. But the pace you went at was good, and Harry’s obliviousness to his feelings wasn’t so obvious that I just wanted to bash his head in to get him to understand, for most author’s it ends up being that way. Also, you didn’t actually take too long, you focused on other things and let the romance slip in tiny pieces at a time, so that not all that I was focusing on was the pairing. Am I making any sense? I don’t think I am, but just be aware, that I think you did great, a lot better than even my favorite authors.
Guest chapter 14 . 9/7/2019
thankyou for getting them to know each other before the romance became even a idea
kirbykp28 chapter 5 . 7/16/2019
oh poor harry XD
Dalar Rose chapter 6 . 5/8/2019
Love BS. My dad doesn’t play with me anymore since I always win.