Reviews for A Thought and a Shadow
TheSuperBanana chapter 6 . 2/2/2010
Well, with the release of 358/2 days, i can truthfully say that this blows the canon out of the water. you created such an confused and emotional state that roxas was in, you coudnl't help but want him to go back to sora, but you also knew that that would essentially kill him. this just expresses the emotion (or lack of emotion) that roxas felt as a nobody, just so well. plus theres no prissy kairi-clone emo wandering around and taking up all the screen-time that SHOULD'VE been dedacated to roxas and the rest of the organization. thank you. in my mind, this shall always be the canon. (and xion can go * her/himself)
Firelit Dragon chapter 6 . 9/26/2009
Wow, that was just amazing.

THIS is what I want from fanfiction, to make my breath catch in my throat and to make me feel something. Your ending was amazing, as is the whole story. Your characterization of Roxas is brilliant, and it transcends the usual S/R or A/R.

Keep writing such breathtaking work
Jenivi7 chapter 6 . 9/10/2009
I have to say, when I read the last bit, I burst into tears. That was possibly the most amazing thing I've ever read.
mr. eames chapter 6 . 8/18/2009
I feel so bad...for not crying at this. D:

I simply do /not/ cry at anything written. I cry really easily at movies or tv shows or, y'know, real life. But I can't cry at literature. And there are pieces where I know I should cry and it makes me feel bad, and this is one them.

Besides being, honestly, one of the most mind-blowingly beautiful stories I've ever read (stories in general, not just fic) you also portrayed emotion so well. Yeah, it's not canon, but neither are more than half the KH stories on here. The fact is: I wish this was canon. And not just for AkuRoku or RiSo or RikuRoku (all of which I adore), but because I honestly felt this story. I've always been a little 'eh,' at Roxas. The first six days in Twilight Town - drag on for me like nobody's business (if you'll excuse that pun). I like Roxas to a point, but by the sixth day my general feeling is 'Just go with Sora already.'

Now, thinking about it, I /get it/. Not that I, or anyone else, will ever know what being a Nobody is like. But I understand. The lack of feeling that makes you want, more than anything else, to be able to mean everything you say and say everything you mean. How being your own person while being someone else - well, how that makes you feel meaningless.

When Roxas questions 'What about me?' in the game, when Naminé tells him he'll become whole - that isn't what Roxas wants to hear. He wants to be himself, because he's not Sora. He's half of Sora, but that makes him someone else completely - and I never really stopped to think about that before. Sure it's just a game, and sure this just a story, but thanks for making me fully appreciate that.

I doubt I'll ever read a fic this good again, I think it's always going to be with me, in some way.

-tweek
lover-of-light chapter 6 . 8/10/2009
I would give an eloquent assessment of the wonders of this fanfiction you have written, but, unfortunately, the 63 previous reviewers seem to have done that for me. All I can say is that this has to be my favorite fanfiction ever written by anyone.

Roxas and his disappearance has always been an ache of sadness that never left me, and you expressed his emotions so beautifully and exquisitely that I feel guilty for only being able to give you this most shallow praise... I would compliment you more on what I specifically found appealing, but the entire piece (especially chapter 6, my favorite) was so amazing in every way that I can't really distinguish what I liked the most. You have officially won me over, now. Your other works are/were wonderful, but none of them resonated on such a deep level with me as this one did.

Bravo. I shall treasure this story forever...

P.S. I apologize in advance for marring the review, but I just wanted to apologize if the review itself was painfully cliche. I just love this story so much, so I thought a meager attempt at a set of prosaic compliments was in order.
aznwhitekid chapter 6 . 7/13/2009
this. is great. it's amazing. it's beautiful. i can't even describe it properly.

can i draw fanart for this?
the human chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
brilliant. i haven't read any of your other stuff yet, but i hope that you've written a happy one too. good job.
Adrianna Thomas chapter 6 . 7/9/2009
... T.T

That had to be the saddest thing I have ever read.

Oh my gosh T.T

It made me cry too.

Especially this, "and he knew that he wouldn't remember their only mark on the world were memories and he knew better than anyone how easily those were forgotten. In a moment, there would be nothing left to prove he had ever existed at all."

It was so beautifully written, *sob*

Ah, I'm still so depressed :[

it's so good, words can't even explain my feelings. GAWD! It shouldn't have ended like that...but it should at the same time. darn, my eyes are all red and puffy now Dx
KnightlyLady chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
More awesomeness. Roxas's voice is perfect. Confused Nobody at its greatest. I'm just...I'm kind of in awe, not going to lie, lol. I really love your writing. I must sleep now, but I will read more later. Definitely have to finish this one.
Chassant chapter 6 . 7/1/2009
I loved this. I'm really a die hard AkuRoku fan, and I liked that you showed a grittier part of it - although there's nothing wrong with the sunshine and happiness AkuRoku fics. This one really tugged on my heartstrings. Thanks for another great read. _
defola chapter 6 . 6/15/2009
This was really good! And, aw, the ending was so bittersweet. I may or may not have shed a tear or two (in which case, you know you've written something successful and evocative).

-Rachel
Chronolynx chapter 6 . 4/9/2009
Holy crap. This. . . this is beyond words. The best I can offer is praise, hollow and shallow as it might be, for even just the beauty of the whole thing: the words, the rhythm, the everything. And who cares if it doesn't line up perfectly with canon? You still managed to capture the characters' essence and convey it perfectly in one of the best pieces of fiction I've ever read.
runswithskizors chapter 6 . 3/28/2009
this story was...beautiful to say the least. elegantly written. simple though. deep. introspective. gorgeous in every sense of the word. I hope you take extreme pride in this story because it's well deserved.
Bronze Eagle chapter 6 . 3/26/2009
Wow. This is stunning, and I love it, and it is exactly the right thing to read after Roxas' story in KH2. (*sob*) You have done an amazing job of exploring the boundary between Sora and Roxas, and I really feel like this fic has made me think about that relationship in new ways. I love how much of Sora is in your Roxas - he's so often written as completely his own person, without taking into account the fact that he came from Sora.

Anyway, great job, and thank you!
Sanjix chapter 6 . 3/3/2009
I really liked how you wrote Axel in this. Well, and everyone. But specifically Axel. I liked the way you slid in Sora's memories, the way Roxas remembered them, the way you stuck to canon but still made the story your own.

And I liked the way the Roxas in Twilight Town chapter started similarly to the very first chapter.
83 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »